• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
she might be hitting those notes, but how are you not hearing how shit she sounds?

ibyQ63mBW5JUrz.gif
Why are you talking about your fave that way?

ivGmXxWGm1pp8.gif

Cynosure

Why are you talking about your fave that way?

ivGmXxWGm1pp8.gif

My fab

Mtu4C.jpg

blond

VhK6j.jpg

skinny

loKrm.jpg

rich

tG7Kr.jpg

little bit of a super bitch
PvwRm.jpg
6BMt2.jpg

fave's voice is blessed with a godly tone. She might strain/scream/whatever you can fault her with sometimes, but when she get's it right, it's perfect.
That SoHyang girl is technically talented but she sounds like an 11 year old trying way too hard and clearly not gifted with a blessed voice.

shadyriahimz3so8.gif

royalan

No shade, but I agree with Cyno about SoHyang, tbh. I've never been impressed by her. Her tone is incredibly amateur. She's has about zero artistry to the way she approaches singing. She's a vocal mimic with no soul of her own.

There's more to being a great singer than just your range. That girl is the vocal equivalent of a dishwasher.

honestly it doesn't even look bad. it looks fresh and young. a bit awkward with the near-ducklips she's doing, but on the scale of robotney, she's clearly at convincingly-human android tier.

3phemeral

No shade, but I agree with Cyno about SoHyang, tbh. I've never been impressed by her. Her tone is incredibly amateur. She's has about zero artistry to the way she approaches singing. She's a vocal mimic with no soul of her own.

There's more to being a great singer than just your range. That girl is the vocal equivalent of a dishwasher.

Have you not heard the video I was talking about? Watch the original performance by Hee Young: completely different. Doesn't even have the climax that SoHyang added.

ibl0S4o6ypWERe.gif

royalan

iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif
You claimed she "has about zero artistry to the way she approaches singing. She's a vocal mimic with no soul of her own.", and that was a video that countered your claims.
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

...I don't think adding a half-second off climax at the end of the song undermines what I said.

But different strokes for different folks.

SoHyang is the equivalent of a day-old baguette, imo. Stale.

3phemeral

...I don't think adding a half-second off climax at the end of the song undermines what I said.

But different strokes for different folks.

SoHyang is the equivalent of a day-old baguette, imo. Stale.

Did you truly watch it, sis? The climax starts at the 2-minute mark and it punches all the way to the 3:57 mark. That's not a "few seconds of climax." That's half the song!

But to each their own. I just thinking you're missing out on a great song and a great performance.

Cynosure

I legit can't tell Aura and Wherearemahdragonz apart
they have to be the same person.

ibyQ63mBW5JUrz.gif

Mumei, investigate their accounts and permaban if IPs are the same.

Hige

Missed all the album leak excitement, but after a few listens I'd rank Artpop like:

Artpop Holy Trinity
G.U.Y. - Love the video game influence (I see you, Zedd). Just flawless, amazing, when will your fav etc.
Donatella - I live for the transition into the chorus OMG. Feels like an evolved Fame era track.
Gypsy - Lord if this is not the third single. I can't.

Born This Way
Artpop - Not as much of a bop as the live version, but I'll use it.
Manicure
Swine
Sexxx Dreams - Don't like the extra bits in the chorus.

The Fame Monster
Mary Jane Holland - Introducing, ladies and gentlemen, Mary Jane Holland!
Do What U Want - Still uncomfortable that R. Kelly wants to be the drink in my cup.
Venus

The Fame
Applause
Aura - Demo version's first verse >>>> studio version. Can't believe they changed that.
Jewels n' Drugs

PRISM
Fashion! - Just replace it with the other Fashion tbh.
Dope - I'd bump this up a tier if the vocals weren't so bad. WTF.

I legit can't tell Aura and Wherearemahdragonz apart
they have to be the same person.

ibyQ63mBW5JUrz.gif

Mumei, investiage their accounts and permaban if IPs are the same.

Except I'm cooler.
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

Dragonz is a fellow AA stan, while Aura probably plays modern warfare.

ban aura pls

AA is the series of the generation. He totally does play Cawd, don't let him fool you tbh

Ch...

The seething.
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

And for the record, I don't like CoD. I'm just like the majority of the rest of GAF.

Don't lie, sis
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

I dunno, I'm a fan after seeing this thread

Omfg what kind of flawless OP I am dying

oop. this exposure clock.

Let me take this moment to say that y'all need to go buy and play the first four Ace Attorney games (on the DS, don't get that "HD" remake shit) and then give Ace Attorney 5 your coins so that they will port the 6th game in the west when it is released.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

armstrong-inviting(b).gif

Perfume is so basic. Everytime and Unusual You remain unbothered.

G.U.Y is very much LoveGame on crack.

That instrumental break between the first chorus and second verse is so electric. Goddamn.
Your description has me soooo excited. I can't wait to hear GUY in full. The snippet left me wanting more, and I just know it's going to be one of my favorites.

I'm going a bit nuts here not listening to the songs, especially Sexxx Dreams. I must stay strong and wait it out, though. Hopefully, this week goes by fast!

Perfume is so basic. Everytime and Unusual You remain unbothered.

Your description has me soooo excited. I can't wait to hear GUY in full. The snippet left me wanting more, and I just know it's going to be one of my favorites.

I'm going a bit nuts here not listening to the songs, especially Sexxx Dreams. I must stay strong and wait it out, though. Hopefully, this week goes by fast!

Sis, you're gonna get your life from this song. She does NOT hold back. The intro is completely unexpected, and the bridge transitions from this deadpan monologue about sex into a great (and super slutty) hook. And the outro is straight up manic.

Let me listen 5 more times. brb

Styles

Sis, you're gonna get your life from this song. She does NOT hold back. The intro is completely unexpected, and the bridge transitions from this deadpan monologue about sex into a great (and super slutty) hook. And the outro is straight up manic.

Let me listen 5 more times. brb

The bridge always gives me life.

iS6b1pY2LH7Ds.gif

I wait for you to call
And I try to act natural
Have you been thinkin' 'bout her without me
And while I wait
I put on my perfume
Yeah I want it all over you
I'm gonna mark my territory

I'll never tell, tell on myself
But I hope she smells my perfume
I'll never tell, tell on myself

I hide it well
Hope you can't tell
I hide it well
Hope you can't tell

iS6b1pY2LH7Ds.gif

Cynosure

Perfume is ruined by its chorus with her shit voice.
I have an edit with the "I'll never tell..." part as the whole chorus and the song is useable.
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

Missed all the album leak excitement, but after a few listens I'd rank Artpop like:

Artpop Holy Trinity
G.U.Y. - Love the video game influence (I see you, Zedd). Just flawless, amazing, when will your fav etc.
Donatella - I live for the transition into the chorus OMG. Feels like an evolved Fame era track.

The Fame
Aura - Demo version's first verse >>>> studio version. Can't believe they changed that.

PRISM
Dope - I'd bump this up a tier if the vocals weren't so bad. WTF.

anlkx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom