• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
blood orange what a strange precursor of what color my hair will be next week

Just heard Perfume.
And let me tell you girl, (perf)Uuuuuuuu(me). Boring tbh.

Styles

nnnn; I just saw an ad for The Help on my local tv channel that included the scene in this gif:

ibl6VlcsT9mxut.gif

I was slain

ipQ9KAMV90Uo8.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
She would've done this from Judas onwards then.

Aren't predictions for ARTPOP around 1/3 to 1/2 of BTW's initial sales? She probably waited to see how ARTPOP would pan out, but after the second flopping single era it's probably time to throw in the towel.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Aren't predictions for ARTPOP around 1/3 to 1/2 of BTW's initial sales? She probably waited to see how ARTPOP would pan out, but after the second flopping single era it's probably time to throw in the towel.

Stop being so shady
Anyone expecting her to match BTW opening numbers would be straight up delusional. And DWUW hasn't had it's official radio push, a lyric video or any form of promo other than that messy UK xfactor performance that wouldn't do shit anywhere else anyway/

DWUW can be salvaged and there are several options for remaining singles. She just needs to remind the public that when it comes to live performances she can pummel nearly every other pop girl into the ground and step away from these messy ones that she's been doing for ages.

Styles

I hope she releases the instrumental versions shortly after the official release of ARTPOP. The productions are simply life-giving, especially the title track.

cefbdn.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Stop being so shady
Anyone expecting her to match BTW opening numbers would be straight up delusional. And DWUW hasn't had it's official radio push, a lyric video or any form of promo other than that messy UK xfactor performance that wouldn't do shit anywhere else anyway/

DWUW can be salvaged and there are several options for remaining singles. She just needs to remind the public that when it comes to live performances she can pummel nearly every other pop girl into the ground and step away from these messy ones that she's been doing for ages.

I don't see what's so shady about this. When Gaga came out with that line even the staunches of Little Munsters were having difficulty defending its blatant untruths, but now that I point out the obvious I'm being super shady?

Next you'll be calling me shady for pointing out that Miley is being trashy for attention, or that Britney didn't have a good 2007, on balance.
ibx46nlUyHm1rR.png

Nemesis_

There was some pretty heavy rumours that each of the songs will have a segment within the ARTPOP app which will also include access to the stems and whatnot.

Hopefully that idea comes to fruition.

EDIT: Gabourey Sidibe just got Twitter and I am already getting my life

omgworgr

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't see what's so shady about this. When Gaga came out with that line even the staunches of Little Munsters were having difficulty defending its blatant untruths, but now that I point out the obvious I'm being super shady?

Next you'll be calling me shady for pointing out that Miley is being trashy for attention, or that Britney didn't have a good 2007, on balance.
ibx46nlUyHm1rR.png

I was more talking about you saying that she should pack things up because DWUW hasn't immediately taken the world by storm

Matt_

Perez Hilton ‏@PerezHilton 9h
@JosephKahn And some stars refuse rehab, when they still need it. And some stars shun their friends who try to get them help. It's sad.

Joseph Kahn ‏@JosephKahn 9h
@PerezHilton :(

iKQLxgmNmyHmz.gif

Nemesis_

Somebody find me a bucket for all this empirical evidence!

Honestly I'd believe it if it weren't coming from the congregation of the pressed and if Taylor were to leave her. Neither of these things has happened.

EDIT: Umm, I'm having a true moment with Dope. Her vocal delivery is a little bit too much at times, but it's really appealing to my depressive Lana sensibilities T_T And you all know how much I fucking hate these kinds of songs too ;_;

So funny, all the reviews so far for ARTPOP are praising the songs and album but shading her, lol.

The impression I'm getting is that people are liking the music for being fresh and risky but don't want to give her full credit for it. They call her pretentious but then praise Aura and G.U.Y. for being gaudy and self-aware. Another called her a narcissist but then praised Applause for embracing and validating her own superstardom.

I'm getting sort of annoyed at the public's implicit need to shit on real artists (Gaga, Kanye, etc.) but be totally validating toward generic acts that want nothing more than to release the safest possible material for max profit. Reminds me of how the media deliberately shat on Michael and Madonna through the 90s (during album releases, not personal matters) for no reason other than because we didn't want them being too comfortable with their superstardom. And yet not as many people have those kinds of hangups with blander acts because they're too hollow to analyze on the same level.

There was one review I read that was shading the songs themselves and that's okay (and a lot of them make good points), but I read like 4 or 5 in a row that were praising the vocals, production, song and album structure... but then went on a rant about how Gaga's full of herself, pretentious, or shouldn't be too comfortable being a superstar because she's not as famous as she was two years ago. A bit transparent, no?

Matt_

I know this is not the place to ask, but is there a link anywhere to what online titles are available at launch on ps4? I already have Killzone and Battlefield preordered, but the other launch titles aren't doing much for me so I wanna see what's available from the store

Nemesis_

I know this is not the place to ask, but is there a link anywhere to what online titles are available at launch on ps4? I already have Killzone and Battlefield preordered, but the other launch titles aren't doing much for me so I wanna see what's available from the store

Contrast
Divekick
Escape Plan
Flow
Flower
Minecraft
The Pinball Arcade
Putty Squad
Resogun
Sound Shapes

I am fairly certain this is a European list and as such am fairly certain it applies to you and me, not sure about North America

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/30/sony-confirms-its-official-playstation-4-launch-titles-17-games/

Infamous comes out in February, I think.

EDIT: http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

There's the US list, oops

Matt_

Contrast
Divekick
Escape Plan
Flow
Flower
Minecraft
The Pinball Arcade
Putty Squad
Resogun
Sound Shapes

I am fairly certain this is a European list and as such am fairly certain it applies to you and me, not sure about North America

Thanks. Pretty much ever game on the uk playstation website has a tbc release date, useless site.
If contrast and resogun are free I'll just snatch up Minecraft and maybe warframe. Ain't nobody got the money for £50 launch titles.

Matt_

Oh sorry, I put my point badly, I meant throw in the towel with her manager, not quit music.

OIC
Yeah the whole thing does seem a bit strange, but who knows what is going on behind the scenes? No doubt it will all come to light soon enough

Matt_

The amount of publications quoting that troll examiner review is truly worrying.

Aguila

#ICONIC
"We think Sky absolutely has commercial appeal," said Capitol's Turner, who pointed out that Ferreira's music video for the album's lead single, "You're Not the One," racked up more than 100,000 views in its first 24 hours online. With a scene in which she stabs a guy in the neck with an ice pick, the clip is no clean-up job; nor is the cover of "Night Time, My Time," on which Ferreira appears topless in a photo shot by the filmmaker Gaspar Noé.

Still, Turner insists the label is committed to the project. Later this month, he said, Capitol will release a set of B-sides from the album.

Ferreira isn't predicting a blockbuster. "I don't think it'll be, like, No. 2 on the Billboard chart," she said, revealing the full extent of her modesty. (No. 1, evidently, wasn't even worth dreaming about.) But perhaps that's because victory is already behind her.

"The way I look at this record is that it's more of a starting line than the finishing point," she said. "Now that it's done, I'm like, 'OK, on to the next.'"
x

Lordt, yes

iLxKYLwBjt6QA.gif

Mumei

3phemeral: Working on a response, but it's a bit of a mess doing it at work. ;)

On another note: Is there a more insipid song on radio rotation right now than that godawful Passenger song? I think it's somehow worse than Roar, which is a remarkable if ignominious achievement.

That is also terrible, but at least one of them is a competent singer ... and I honestly haven't heard it nearly as much in the last month.

It was all over every single fucking radio station this summer. That and Blurred Lines. If I hear that piece of shit one more time I swear...

It was all over every single fucking radio station this summer. That and Blurred Lines. If I hear that piece of shit one more time I swear...
Oh God, Blurred Lines is STILL everywhere.

By the way, I love the head voice run at the end of this performance. I wish it were slightly less staccato-ish, but it's such a pure, full sound. Someone go prove God doesn't exist so that Sohyallah can sing genres I actually enjoy.

<3

3phemeral

3phemeral: Working on a response, but it's a bit of a mess doing it at work. ;)
Take your time. I still have so much to listen too between breaks.

By the way, I love the head voice run at the end of this performance. I wish it were slightly less staccato-ish, but it's such a pure, full sound. Someone go prove God doesn't exist so that Sohyallah can sing genres I actually enjoy.

<3
I still enjoy me some gospel music even though I'm atheist. I don't mind. :) I am particular about the types of songs I'll listen to, however. Like Tamia's cover of "Tomorrow," or Mariah's "I Wish You Well," among others. Though, I do cringe over those extremely sappy, brainwashing-esque songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom