• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfume is still great. Knee was channeling the Holy Spearit when she sang it.

Stay mad, Perfume detractors.

ibpNyjwUvyxWPy.gif

I still enjoy me some gospel music even though I'm atheist. I don't mind. :) I am particular about the types of songs I'll listen to, however. Like Tamia's cover of "Tomorrow," or Mariah's "I Wish You Well," among others. Though, I do cringe over those extremely sappy, brainwashing-esque songs.
I can use gospel sometimes, but only the TRANSCENDENT kind that kindles the holy ghost inside of me.

See, for example:

In Return

>>>>>>>>>>

Yado

She was at her best when she was working with Diplo. Now she doesn't have good beats to distract listeners from her corny lyrics.

iZWem1DzW8vIb.gif

Can someone explain to me why Jewels and Drugs isn't being considered for a single? That sound is popular now and if trash like 23 can get radio time... :I

Can Gaga cancel Do What U Want and make Fashion! the third single?

That 70s throwback is popular right now and with a fun video it can be kind of iconic. SLAY. SLAY.

3phemeral

I finally found those two other Sohyang performances I wanted to hear in full. Was not disappointed. These songs are perfectly good reasons why you should avoid the English stuff because they are so much more properly emotive, even when I don't understand the language. In English, I think there's this lack of connection to the music in properly accentuating words that come off as inauthentic to me. Her performances of

Where Are You
Lived

are great examples of her control over when to sing softly, when to belt, even subtle changes in tonal quality and vowel sound choices that enhance the experience. I believe these are all completely lost with English covers.

Anyone who wants to be truly moved by a performance would be absolutely shitting themselves if their fave had produced something so epic and satisfying.

I'd rank them as Fate ---> Where Are You ----> Lived

Zutroy

I'm probably really late with this, but I've just discovered Foxes. She's up and coming in the UK and is soon maybe about to release her debut album Glorious.

JkDQiNW.png

Echo
Beauty Queen
White Coats
Youth (Her biggest song)
Her next single is a ballad called 'Shaking Heads' but I can't find anywhere without a DL link.

Unfortunately the album doesn't seem to be coming out until next year according to iTunes, hopefully that's a mistake since the full track list has been released.

Not surprising given how anti-promo Capitol was with the album. They're too busy pouring all their resources into La Perra. Only her internet followers probably really knew about it.

At least she didn't debut at the absolute bottom. For a hew, she could have done worse.

royalan

From #Fighters who were at The Voice taping last night:

I was at the taping and this was performed like 15 mins before going live ... They noticed the technical issues and were going to give another run through but time ran out and the show went live. She did amazing and she danced allot more than they showed.

iM7i3Q2R1zh3V.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Not surprising given how anti-promo Capitol was with the album. They're too busy pouring all their resources into La Perra. Only her internet followers probably really knew about it.

At least she didn't debut at the absolute bottom. For a hew, she could have done worse.

Plus, the album was iTunes exclusive. Today it was released on Amazon, Spotify, etc.
But, yeah, this is not surprising.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Can someone explain to me why Jewels and Drugs isn't being considered for a single? That sound is popular now and if trash like 23 can get radio time... :I

Because the album version has been neutered compared to the vastly superior live version and it is too far a departure for the majority of her fans.
It would work as an urban single, but as it stands DWUW has enough crossover appeal

Yado

Jewels n' Drugs wouldn't work as a single in any capacity. It's dreadfully boring and shouldn't have made the final cut.

ibwSWMv4grEwbf.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh, Godel. Never change, sis.

Even putting the Blurred Shit thing to one side, 20/20 pt. 2 was far from universally praised by critics, going by Metacritic. 15 mixed reviews, 1 negative, 11 positive; and only a single 80+. Is that what really passes for praise these days? Maybe in a world where Reflektor is getting 'mixed reviews' according to most people I meet, and yet has 34 positive and 6 mixed. In other words, bizarro world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom