• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love their album! It's got quite a few good songs on it, and Pompeii is always a good time. If you like them, check out The 1975. Different sound but still an amazing band. They have a few Bastille vibes going on. Both albums came out on the same day, too. Lol.

OOOH! I love 1975 as well! Haven't Heard their entire álbum but did love the singles they've released thus far.

Ummm...then why didn't it?

A Great Big World recorded Say Something without Xtina originally, AND released it. Nobody cared.

It even got some promo, being featured in a routine on So You Think You Can Dance. And still, nobody gave even the slightest of fucks.

Make no mistake, Christina is the ONLY reason anybody knows and cares about that song. It is because of her that the song is getting any attention. And, if the song goes on to become a hit, it WILL be because of her.

And even the band knows it:

nHsACRr.png

Yes, we are the best.

Hell, even right now, the original version of the song (without Christina's vocals), is sitting dejected and ignored in the 100s on the iTunes charts.

Now now, the song would have been huge with any kind of exposure. be it The Voice be it being featured on some trailer for a movie, It kinda reminds me of that one song Hey There Delilah or whatever that was huge years back.

If the success of the song was based solely on Christina, then why isn't We Remain blowing up?

xaosslug

If the success of the song was based solely on Christina, then why isn't We Remain blowing up?

it would seem GP are here for Christina's more subtle and 'pretty' vocals as apposed to ha raw belting. Also, no promo. When the movie's release draws closer, and there's a bigger push I fully expect We Remain to make an impact.

Artemisia

Banned
I don't know how accurate this is. I haven't listened to it in a while, but probably will soon. Red was a good fall album last year *.*

9hR95Bk.png

The Lucky One having more stars than Trouble, All Too Well, WANEGBT, The Last Time, Everything Has Changed, and Begin Again
iiNvmNW1FNvPH.png

royalan

OOOH! I love 1975 as well! Haven't Heard their entire álbum but did love the singles they've released thus far.

Now now, the song would have been huge with any kind of exposure. be it The Voice be it being featured on some trailer for a movie, It kinda reminds me of that one song Hey There Delilah or whatever that was huge years back.

Did you read my post?

The song GOT exposure. It existed out in the wild and was being (somewhat) used before Christina ever touched. And nobody cared.

Mau ®

Everything Has Changed grew on me BIG TIME.

The only song I dislike and continue to dislike to this day is I Knew You Were Trouble. I actually deleted it lmao.

I actually think RED is her best album tbh. She just gets better and better *.*

3phemeral

wat? aww, I thought it was some sailor moon spiritual successor. u_u

is it any good?

The framerate is a little choppy, but I must admit, I liked it purely for that transformation sequence alone. Story doesn't really go anywhere, though. It's just: chick escapes from prison, transforms and kicks robot ass. Fin.

Styles

Opening weeks

IKYWT: 416k
Red: 312k

The Monster: 373k
SoML: 305k

I thought iTunes was more competitive this year and that Taylor had it easy last year?

ibnY6oanoVUzir.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom