• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
1D are too global for a local irrelevant island in the Atlantic somewhere.....

Calling the Island that birthed them irrelevant, I don't even...
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif

I just wanted to say I HATED Everything Has Changed when I listed to it on the album. I hate that type of opening. So stupid.

However, it sounds great on the radio.

Aguila

#ICONIC
State of Grace is Taylor's best song ever and I haven't even listened to the rest of her discography. That's how confident I am in State of Grace, it's power. End of discussion. Fin.

BYX3XcHCcAAIijb.jpg

xaosslug

Please give some actual examples as to how the "Legend" has influenced any of the current crop of pop girls.

The last I knew she was desperately chasing Gaga's coattails and falling flat on her face.

ibigccofTPZF7Z.gif

yes, sis. Let's act brand new in order to keep dat 'irrelevantina' pretense alive. Mmhmm.

i26omr7AoeqzW.gif

xaosslug

Funny that you say that, considering that the gay hairdresser who coined your namesake is a huge Christina Aguilera fan.

ilTrRnKzr3gXB.gif

Nobody wants to be a Fighter.

Everybody wants to be a Fighter.

not too much!

iblLR2lBRjLcbi.gif

it really is funny tho, that so many stanbases 'hate' Christina, yet borrow from her's shamelessly. Like, I'm pretty sure the entire 'diety+namesake' thing originated from Legend's fanbase...

Love that Great Big World song and I'm beyond happy for its success but pegging that on Christina is funny. It would have smashed without her.

Anyways, is PopGaf a fan of Bastille?

Even though I'm genuinely not a huge fan of Covers/mashups released as singles, their new single "Of The Night" is pretty good but then again, I am a sucker for nostalgia and such

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Even though I'm genuinely not a huge fan of Covers/mashups released as singles, their new single "Of The Night" is pretty good but then again, I am a sucker for nostalgia and such

I only use Pompeii, but been meaning to give their whole album a listen

I love their album! It's got quite a few good songs on it, and Pompeii is always a good time. If you like them, check out The 1975. Different sound but still an amazing band. They have a few Bastille vibes going on. Both albums came out on the same day, too. Lol.

Legend X is beautiful, talented, personable, etc (all good qualities your broken fave lacks), why wouldn't she have stans?

ilTrRnKzr3gXB.gif

Kiiii at you changing the name.

She looks great and I have no doubt that she's nice and all but I would hardly call her "talented" these days. I suppose there's a reason she barely sang during that Say Something live performance.

To each her own I guess.

ilTrRnKzr3gXB.gif

royalan

Love that Great Big World song and I'm beyond happy for its success but pegging that on Christina is funny. It would have smashed without her.

Ummm...then why didn't it?

A Great Big World recorded Say Something without Xtina originally, AND released it. Nobody cared.

It even got some promo, being featured in a routine on So You Think You Can Dance. And still, nobody gave even the slightest of fucks.

Make no mistake, Christina is the ONLY reason anybody knows and cares about that song. It is because of her that the song is getting any attention. And, if the song goes on to become a hit, it WILL be because of her.

And even the band knows it:

nHsACRr.png

Yes, we are the best.

Hell, even right now, the original version of the song (without Christina's vocals), is sitting dejected and ignored in the 100s on the iTunes charts.

Yado

Don't tell me to stop
Tell the rain not to drop
Tell the wind not to blow
'Cause you said so

Tell the sun not to shine
Not to get up this time, no, no
Let it fall by the way
But don't leave me where I lay down

iZ1YbBchu4P8m.gif

royalan

no shit, sis

the version with xtincta was performed live.

The version with Xtina was also climbing the charts and getting critical praise before the live performance, sis.

Technically, the version WITHOUT Xtina was the FIRST version to get any sort of promotion. And we know how that turned out. Flippity Floppity Foo.

xaosslug

omg, the desperation is REAL.

ibnY6oanoVUzir.gif

do y'all even like this say something song? be honest

i havent heard it yet

i've liked it since I heard it on SYTYCD (even tho I thought the dance it was paired with was bleh, at best). Christina blessing it takes it to that NEXT level, tho. I love her part in it.

Lovin' him is like drivin' a new Maserati down a dead end street
Faster than the wind
Passionate as sin
Ended so suddenly
Lovin' him is like tryin' to change your mind once you're already flyin' through the free fall
Like the colors in the autumn so bright
Just before they lose it all

ilRizPrh7Qmah.gif

royalan

someone dancing to a song, on a show where music isn't the main focus isn't suitable promotion, sorry.

iusqAwxWbjXnJ.gif

And yet is has worked before.

Or are you forgetting that the closest thing goddess Roisin Murphy had to a hit in the US was when Night of the Dancing Flame got a spike...after being used for a routine on So You Think You Can Dance.

Have a seat and drink some fluids, sis. That pressed heat has got you all fatigued and parched. :(

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I cannot at Little Mix potentially having the AOTY. 2013 has been interesting 👀

Newcomers and outsider pop have been positively slaughtering the big-name girls -- this happens almost every year, but it's especially evident this time around. Haim, Sky, Kelela, Little Mix, Ejecta, Blood Orange, Frida Sundemo, Karl x Johan, and on and on and on.

iXoK9KCiP6Y3d.gif

Cynosure

Kiiii at you changing the name.

She looks great and I have no doubt that she's nice and all but I would hardly call her "talented" these days. I suppose there's a reason she barely sang during that Say Something live performance.

To each her own I guess.

ilTrRnKzr3gXB.gif

unlike with your haggard trainwreck fave, if you didn't think a particular performance of Legend X's was good, there's still a handfull of other recent performances that make up for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChkwpMSu2Cs (2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQz7A-nMwoo (2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiBktWXqVFA (2012)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVkCs-1WBuM (2013)

if you really can't hear talent in any of those, then god bless you Knee stan

ilTrRnKzr3gXB.gif

Artemisia

Banned
iusqAwxWbjXnJ.gif

And yet is has worked before.

Or are you forgetting that the closest thing goddess Roisin Murphy had to a hit in the US was when Night of the Dancing Flame got a spike...after being used for a routine on So You Think You Can Dance.

Have a seat and drink some fluids, sis. That pressed heat has got you all fatigued and parched. :(

So the song still flopped. And maybe could have been something had it been properly promoted. You're not exactly helping your point here sis.

Oozer3993

Lovin' him is like drivin' a new Maserati down a dead end street
Faster than the wind
Passionate as sin
Ended so suddenly
Lovin' him is like tryin' to change your mind once you're already flyin' through the free fall
Like the colors in the autumn so bright
Just before they lose it all

ilRizPrh7Qmah.gif

Bluegrass version is coming tonight. With Vince Gill and Alison Krauss.

royalan

So the song still flopped. And maybe could have been something had it been properly promoted. You're not exactly helping your point here sis.

There is no point. Only truth.

Nobody gave a fuck about that song until Christina graced it with her divinity. The version without her did squat despite being promoted first, and even now NOBODY cares about the Christina-less version despite the fact that the only difference between the two tracks IS Christina's voice. This is mighty peculiar, considering everyone allegedly hates Christina.

Stay mad, sis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom