• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Stefan™;82692069 said:
Azealia seems more excited to do a remix for someone else's song than releasing her album.. like girl, focus on your fucking ALBUM AND RELEASE IT ALREADY.

tumblr_mmrrmwBvWc1sqm5a1o1_250.gif

Pink covers I Knew You Were Trouble
8f70c6ea.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
OMG

Charlita XCX is already coming with her next album/single/video

Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk

ioT71s3L0ylNW.gif

Already? YASS
Shes the reigning queen of indie Pop, shes gotta cement that crown

Stefan™;82692069 said:
Azaelia seems more excited to do a remix for someone else's song than releasing her album.. like girl, focus on your fucking ALBUM AND RELEASE IT ALREADY.

Her album is done, its all down to the label now for scheduling and the like
ATMJAM video will be out soon and she'll be picking her third single. It's just down to who wins out between Polydor and Interscope on what to release next

You sneaky bitch.
Cover is pretty good though, surprised you haven't posted your thoughts on her album yet

Aguila

#ICONIC
I was referring to WB but since you wanna try it

When Cum Lord is disposed of in the next few months and is utterly FORGOTTEN we'll see who dat BROKE BITCH is

jIgmrwVuhkZug.jpg

Silly me. I thought you were referring to Busted Bitch's sad state of affairs.

And bye. The Lorde will continue garnering critical acclaim and snatching records.

jIgmrwVuhkZug.jpg

Kyon

Banned
Silly me. I thought you were referring to Busted Bitch's sad state of affairs.

And bye. The Lorde will continue garnering critical acclaim and snatching records.

jIgmrwVuhkZug.jpg

I just said that -__-

Unless you thought I meant wrecking ball 👀

royalan

I like Royals, but I'm not THAT impressed with Lorde, tbh.

Her sound is basically the same minimalist, singer-songwriter crud being peddled by 746389463836 girls who went to the same Tori Amos/Joanna Newsom school of elven alternative.

She's not like, oh I dunno, Lana Del Rey - A truly FRESH bitch who has been carving her own lane since day 1.

Bladenic

DJ Perry was stanning Lorde. The nerve of that future one hit wonder nobody to turn down a spot on her tour. Dismissed.

Also Live for the Night by Krewella slays IMO

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Miley already inspiring the general populace

C9KoxXO.gif

How adorable

edit; What an oddity, just seen some random on my twitter feed promoting Natalia Kills

Lorde is like the bastard child of Adele and Lana Del Rey, but has a shave of epic pop-folk sound like Florence.

Her success is giving me slight Adele-2011 teas except her trajectory's moving a bit slower. She needs a second single to really put herself on the map. Right now she's just a chart anomaly. Get it girl.

I'm impressed that Applause seems to have resonated a bit more with the general public than Work Bitch has (at least so far), but I give the latter the benefit of the doubt only because it's been out with very little promo on Britney's side. It REALLY needs a good performance to elevate it.

And I don't think enough people consider this, but a lot of the time a clubby song can gain traction AFTER its first weekend of release because people who go out will be hearing it in the proper context. Since most of this song's demographic would be going out to bars and clubs in the weekend this will be the first opportunity for them to hear this song completely unleashed on the dancefloor, and I do think that after this weekend it can start gaining again. I DO believe this happened with Applause's first weekend. At least from my own experience, the club came ALIVE when Applause came on for the first time. It was total gay magic.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lorde is like the bastard child of Adele and Lana Del Rey, but has a shave of epic pop-folk sound like Florence.

Her success is giving me slight Adele-2011 teas except her trajectory's moving a bit slower. She needs a second single to really put herself on the map. Right now she's just a chart anomaly. Get it girl.

I'm impressed that Applause seems to have resonated a bit more with the general public than Work Bitch has (at least so far), but I give the latter the benefit of the doubt only because it's been out with very little promo on Britney's side. It REALLY needs a good performance to elevate it.

And I don't think enough people consider this, but a lot of the time a clubby song can gain traction AFTER its first weekend of release because people who go out will be hearing it in the proper context. Since most of this song's demographic would be going out to bars and clubs in the weekend this will be the first opportunity for them to hear this song completely unleashed on the dancefloor, and I do think that after this weekend it can start gaining again. I DO believe this happened with Applause's first weekend. At least from my own experience, the club came ALIVE when Applause came on for the first time. It was total gay magic.

But isn't everyone a chart anomaly when they're getting their first hit? Not to mention that Lorde isn't some Carly Rae Jepsen or Gotye one-hit wonder who already tried it with past albums. Royals is her very first single. She could definitely have longevity if promoted right. I'm curious to see how well her album will perform since has done absolutely no promo for it outside of New Zealand ;_;

But isn't everyone a chart anomaly when they're getting their first hit? Not to mention that Lorde isn't some Carly Rae Jepsen or Gotye one-hit wonder who already tried it with past albums. Royals is her very first single. She could definitely have longevity if promoted right. I'm curious to see how well her album will perform since has done absolutely no promo for it outside of New Zealand ;_;

Of course, everyone is. Just saying that the first step is "anomaly," and the second single either establishes her as someone who can have recurring hits, or establishes her as a (temporary) one hit wonder. I don't want Lorde to go the way of Carly Rae :(

Partition

Banned
I think that Soul is right and we should look no further past Carly Rae.

I mean, even Lana only really had one hit, and judging by the fate of her career, will only have that one hit.

The other songs I have heard from Lorde don't really sound like potential radio hits like Royals does. I think right now she is just an anomaly, but who knows. She could end up being 2013's Kesha.

Matt_

I think that Soul is right and we should look no further past Carly Rae.

I mean, even Lana only really had one hit, and judging by the fate of her career, will only have that one hit.

The other songs I have heard from Lorde don't really sound like potential radio hits like Royals does. I think right now she is just an anomaly, but who knows. She could end up being 2013's Kesha.

iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

Kesha has two number ones, 4 top five hits and 7 singles that have sold 2 million+ in the US. Lorde wishes she could be 2013's Kesha

That gif is incredibly disturbing.

It makes me sooo uncomfortable. How the FUCK did a fan manage to get on the stage and walk all the way up to her without someone catching him?? And what was he expecting to have happen? lol

Though Britney's completely unhinged reaction is sad to see :(

EDIT: Although I kind of love that she was obviously screaming but you couldn't hear any of it. lol

Matt_

Well I more meant have one or two successful years then completely fizzle out, but yeah.

Oh, you were saying Lana only had one hit and how Lorde looks like an anomaly so I just assumed

Matt_

What even happened to poor Ke?ha. Wasn't she on tour?

Die young suffered from unfortunate circumstances, C'mon suffered from being a promo single that was halfheartedly bumped up to a second single and crazy kids suffered from a plague known as Will.i.am

She's on tour atm and is releasing a collab album with The Flaming Lips called Lipsha, and Supernatural is her next single I think

The era didnt go completely as planned but she still has a salvageable career

Trigger

Ah, yes. I remember hearing about Supernatural being the next single.

Come, take me by the hand
Wanna cross the line, baby go ahead
Till the morning light, watch my silhouette
Cause you know tonight, we're gonna wake the dead

px6xfjI.gif

Slay a bit Ke?ha.

Christina Aguilera Talks Sexuality, Flaunts New Body in Little Black Dress on ‘Jay Leno’
Christina Aguilera looks nothing short of amazing these days as she’s preparing to return to our television screens as a judge on The Voice. In preparation for the show’s debut, Christina has been making her fair share of promo rounds and of course isn’t missing a single opportunity to flaunt her newly slimmed-down body.

While talking with Leno, they brought up the subject of her super sexy Maxim shoot:

‘For me I’m an artist and expressing myself in a sexual way no matter how that changes throughout the years is something that has always come naturally to me,’ she said.

‘At this point of my life, I’m 32 and I feel sexier than ever because you know what you want.’

The mother-of-one, who wore her blonde hair in waves, concluded: ‘The shoot was all about appreciating the woman I’ve become and being effortlessly sexy, not trying too hard.’

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You sneaky bitch.
Cover is pretty good though, surprised you haven't posted your thoughts on her album yet

But I did. All songs sound like rejects from other artists and on top of that dated. Daydreamin , Gold and I Miss Her are the only ones I would consider somewhat decent. Overall I may even say Who You Are comes up as a better album.

Matt_

But I did. All songs sound like rejects from other artists and on top of that dated. Daydreamin , Gold and I Miss Her are the only ones I would consider somewhat decent. Overall I may even say Who You Are comes up as a better album.

Ouch, absolutely scathing
I doubt I'll even give it a listen, its my party destroyed any excitement I had for her

edit;

El6RkU3.gif

jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

You're Not The One (trailer)

YESSSSSSSS. Sky looks great. Plus, she's moving around like a fierce bitch.
IT'S THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND I'M SO GOONNNEEE

AND I'M THINKIN ABOUT HOW MUCH I NEED YOU BUT YOU REALLY WANT SOMEBODY ELSE

SHOULD BE GIVEN THE RIGHT TO CAAARYYYY ONNNNNNNN

AND I'M THINKING ABOUT HOW MUCH I NEED YOU BUT YOU REALLY WANT SOMEBODY ELSE

YOU'RE NOT THE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GUESS YOU'RE NOT THE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't even care about the rest of the album, I just want this song. Don't fuck it up, Sky.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Sky will deliver us. The Druggy Grunge Queen of 2013 is coming.

tumblr_mtdyyvNfBr1shhneqo3_250.gif

But wait. We'll get puncheD twice, the second time by the Glittery Grunge Queen of 2013.

ibf5Mm9jlRZP6P.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom