• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

112345d4219211e39cc922000aaa090c_7.jpg

if36DKVaDhe7U.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm trying to hum the song to myself but I really can't remember any other lines outside of shine bright like a diamon and you're beautiful like diamonds in the sky

Sia's version remains superior though

Oh at this tired ass shade.

The superior version is the one you actually hear on the radio.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The iHeartRadio Festival is tomorrow

Friday, September 20th, 7:00pm PST

Katy Perry
Queen + Adam Lambert
FUN.
Elton John
Keith Urban
J.Cole
Muse
Tiesto
Chris Brown
Benny Benassi
A special guest appearance by Robin Thicke
Featuring Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star The Summer Set

Saturday, September 21st, 7:00pm PST

Justin Timberlake
Paul McCartney
Drake
Tim McGraw
Bruno Mars
Maroon 5
Phoenix
Ke$ha
Miguel
Zedd
Thirty Seconds to Mars

you can watch on your PS3
cat_zpsa5a1f50a.png

Partition

Banned
Ohhhhh myyyyyyy Gooooooood

Worked out today with the new iTunes Radio blasting. Started playing Work Bitch, to which I realized that this is the GREATEST WORKOUT SONG OF ALL TIME. Seriously, I dare any of you guys to play this song while on the treadmill and not be completely inspired. It's crazy. The lyrics and the pacing of the production work so well for a quick run. It builds, falls, rises again, and has an outro that works so well as a final stretch sprint. Expert level shit.

My love for WB has gone up like 10,000 points. Werk, Brit.

Applause is the perfect workout song tho, even those hamsters agree

royalan

MKS' Flatline debuted two weeks ago and peaked at #50. 50!!!!

This was the comeback single that many UK music publications hailed as the biggest pop comeback of the year. And the song is FLAWLESS. How was there NO BUZZ?!?

Apparently MKS flopping is such a shock that some UK mags are even writing about it and trying to figure out who's to blame.

Who do I blame? The entire fucking system. I'm sorry, and maybe a UK sistren can explain it to me so that I better understand, but in the age of the internet it just makes no fucking sense to actually premier a song and then wait not weeks, but MONTHS before releasing the song for purchase/sending it to radio. This just seems like such an antiquated way to handle music. By the time you actually make a song available for purchase the world has heard it, loved it, pirated it and tired of it.

MKS had CRAZY buzz leading into this year. There is no fucking reason for their big comeback single to not only flop, but flop HARD. I'm done.

Wait, are they both drag queens or just WW? Sailor Moon be serving true fish if she's a lady boy....

Sailor Moon is real fish.

Artemisia

Banned
MKS' Flatline debuted two weeks ago and peaked at #50. 50!!!!

This was the comeback single that many UK music publications hailed as the biggest pop comeback of the year. And the song is FLAWLESS. How was there NO BUZZ?!?

Apparently MKS flopping is such a shock that some UK mags are even writing about it and trying to figure out who's to blame.

Who do I blame? The entire fucking system. I'm sorry, and maybe a UK sistren can explain it to me so that I better understand, but in the age of the internet it just makes no fucking sense to actually premier a song and then wait not weeks, but MONTHS before releasing the song for purchase/sending it to radio. This just seems like such an antiquated way to handle music. By the time you actually make a song available for purchase the world has heard it, loved it, pirated it and tired of it.

MKS had CRAZY buzz leading into this year. There is no fucking reason for their big comeback single to not only flop, but flop HARD. I'm done..

Sis, it is a tragedy, but you should blame their team. They released the song on a Friday, and the UK Singles Chart's tracking week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Therefore Flatline's position on the chart was represented by only 2 days of sales. People have said it would have debuted in the top 20, which is very respectable, had they released the song on a Sunday, as was originally planned.

Also, apparently they had a manager that was closely tied to UK radio. After they fired him he got pressed and got them blacklisted. Radio is huge in the UK and radio performance is closely tied to what songs become popular. Without radio support, you're going to flop, basically.

From what I understand of the system, it is taken advantage of to allow artists to achieve peak first week sales and a high debut on the chart. The UK singles chart is based on sales alone; radio play and streaming are not considered. So by putting up a song for preorder you sort of cheat the system by accumulating sales of the song before it is eligible for charting. With proper promo, radio play, and a good video before the release, you can get huge first week numbers. This system has worked to push many artists to the top 10 that I don't think would have made it had the song been put on iTunes the day of the premiere. It does suck that you have to wait a long time to get the single on iTunes (Katy B's new single is being released on iTunes in NOVEMBER), but if the reward is a better chart position, I think it's worth it.

botty

Banned
Yaas hunty get educated on the most relevant branch of slang in Western culture of the 21st century.

The way stan talk and gay slang continuously develops and changes is probably the most interesting thing about the whole culture, imo. I mean... where else do you see the subject instantly change into a proper pronoun directly after being mentioned.

Work B*tch dropping to number 8 in just 3 days.

BUkdp0sCMAA8FU7.png

Knee her career is over!!!

A moment of silencen yall.

tznmourn.gif

oop

Welcome to PopGaf. I think I've seen you on atrl~

cory64

The way stan talk and gay slang continuously develops and changes is probably the most interesting thing about the whole culture, imo. I mean... where else do you see the subject instantly change into a proper pronoun directly after being mentioned
The split possessive construction, its impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom