• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Dat title change!

tumblr_ml252mhGRm1qedlsro1_250.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
MIA_Matangi_Cover.png

Matangi:

FLOP or BOP?

Karmageddon -
party.gif

MATANGI -
party.gif

Only 1 U -
party.gif

Warriors -
noparty.gif

Come Walk With Me -
party.gif

aTENTion -
party.gif

Exodus -
party.gif
party.gif

Bad Girls -
party.gif
party.gif

Boom Skit -
noparty.gif

Double Bubble Trouble -
party.gif

Y.A.L.A. -
party.gif

Bring the Noize -
party.gif

Lights -
noparty.gif

Know It Ain't Right -
party.gif

Sexodus -
party.gif

Ble$$ed and holy album tbh. Matangi has delivered appropriate #clapback after the reaction to /\/\ /\ Y /\
I can't @ Come Walk With Me serving Mac OS X system sounds realness

Well, I'll eat crow.

I'm surprised these boys are still relevant as a group.

Although, with Zayn being a flop in his personal life, I sense the end is near...

Noted.

On the more amusing side all BB will predict for Brit is less than last album. Will kii if she struggles to hit 100k.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Lights is such a turd I don't even know how it made the album

Summertime Sadness reached the 100,000,000 views on youtube, her second video to do so after Born To Die
but since it' not the one in her VEVO channel is not eligible for certfication RIP

Also Complex ranks the best pop album covers of the past 5 years.
Did any of your faves make it?

lanasmirk2jes2l.gif

This list was absolutely accurate. I'm surprised a certain *ahem* pop queen didn't make the cut after 7 albums though.. My favorite were there twice so I'm good.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I will be using Venus, Sexxx Dreams, Manicure, Artpop, Swine, Donatella, Mary Jane Holland, and Gypsy on regular rotation. I got a good group of songs to add to regular play so that's a win in my book.

The queen, her transformation.

tumblr_mw1sp4A1vE1qi8g64o1_500.jpg

Looking back it's funny how much I loathed Just Dance when I first heard it on the radio back in 2008. Almost as funny as Colby O'Donis, his lack of a career.

And I was just busy wondering who this Lady Gaga chick was. Then Bad Romance happened, and the rest is history.

royalan

mte. Who wants to hear anything the buffoon on the left has to say?

People who are interested in:

--Shopping
--Clubbing
--Nightlife
--Food
--Hanging Out

Duh

The real question is who would want to listen to anything that depressed-looking, flannel-wearing mess on the right would have to say?

Musically, stylistically, and performance wise it is by far her most basic and awful era.

The certain affectations she uses in her Fame songs are all almost unbearable to listen to.

Yado

People who are interested in:

--Shopping
--Clubbing
--Nightlife
--Food
--Hanging Out

Duh

The real question is who would want to listen to anything that depressed-looking, flannel-wearing mess on the right would have to say?

Famega is an embarrassment. The artist is present.

Y2Kev

Well what value does spontaneity have on its own? I mean if the product is Eh Eh Nothing Else I Can Say I'll take the boring lady on the right.

royalan

Well what value does spontaneity have on its own? I mean if the product is Eh Eh Nothing Else I Can Say I'll take the boring lady on the right.

We're shading "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" now? #iCANT

The utter slayage that was Just Dance->Poker Face->LoveGame->Paparazzi shits on entire discographies (included her own). Just a perfect progression of singles.

:biblio:

Paparazzi VMA, Poker Face AI, Poker Face/LoveGame MMVA >>>>>

I'll give you Paparazzi at the VMAs. But that was the beginning of her transformation into FameMonsterga.

What are you on about? Everything Gaga does is an affectation - she was just less awkward and labored about it back then.

Put me in the camp that prefers her awkward and labored affectations then. :biblio:

Famega is iconic though, how can that be the worst?

Because The Fame Monster happened and made original Famega an irrelevant side note.

Eh Eh, I'll take the artist who can effortlessly churn out classics like Poker Face, LoveGame, Paparazzi, Just Dance, Beautiful Dirty Rich...

Teenage Dream aside, we haven't seen an album since with so many insanely monstrous bops. The Fame was so huge that it singlehandedly murdered entire careers.

RIP Xtina RIP Madonna RIP Clarence Clemons

royalan

Eh Eh, I'll take the artist who can effortlessly churn out classics like Poker Face, LoveGame, Paparazzi, Just Dance, Beautiful Dirty Rich...

Teenage Dream aside, we haven't seen an album since with so many insanely monstrous bops. The Fame was so huge that it singlehandedly murdered entire careers.

RIP Xtina RIP Madonna RIP Clarence Clemons

Fame Era was perfect.

Everything from the "gaga is a man", to the 2009 paparazzi performance.

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom!

Majmun

MIA_Matangi_Cover.png

Matangi:

FLOP or BOP?

Karmageddon -
party.gif

MATANGI -
party.gif

Only 1 U -
party.gif

Warriors -
noparty.gif

Come Walk With Me -
party.gif

aTENTion -
party.gif

Exodus -
party.gif
party.gif

Bad Girls -
party.gif
party.gif

Boom Skit -
noparty.gif

Double Bubble Trouble -
party.gif

Y.A.L.A. -
party.gif

Bring the Noize -
party.gif

Lights -
noparty.gif

Know It Ain't Right -
party.gif

Sexodus -
party.gif

Ble$$ed and holy album tbh. Matangi has delivered appropriate #clapback after the reaction to /\/\ /\ Y /\
I can't @ Come Walk With Me serving Mac OS X system sounds realness

Yep, it's amazing. Almost on repeat since its release. YALA is song of the year material

M.I.A. is back.

Artemisia

Banned
I think a lot of people bring down the Fame era because it's seen as her weakest album, but if you ignore that and focus on Gaga's place in pop culture at the time, the videos, the singles, her look, etc. there hasn't' been a better time to stan Gaga since then (I suppose TFM era can be argued, but that's really just an extension of The Fame era).

Mumei

Yass Mumei show Fashion! and Donatella love.

Eh. I don't know if I love them. Honestly, there wasn't anything that I liked as much as Poker Face, Bad Romance, Edge of Glory, Paparazzi, You and I, Speechless, Alejandro, Dance in the Dark... maybe others that aren't coming to mind offhand.

I'm not saying that there's nothing on there I can use, but it still feels like a disappointment to me.

EVERYONE:

Hold me Mumei.

tumblr_mh4gs3cj_Uo1qjt5m8o6_250.gif

Not excited until I hear it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I think I'm the only one that doesn't massively prefer one Gaga era over the others
I will say though fame outfits > naked everything. There is only so much you can do with nude coloured underwear

Y2Kev

We're shading "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" now? #iCANT

The utter slayage that was Just Dance->Poker Face->LoveGame->Paparazzi shits on entire discographies (included her own). Just a perfect progression of singles.

It's bad. But yes those four songs are great, though Just Dance is the worst of the set.

But I don't know why the Fame era gets such props when TFM was totally The Fame+. Bad Romance is her best song eva, then Speechless, Alejandro, Telephone, Dancing in the Dark, Monster....every goddam song on that record is a winner /clivedavis and you can take that to the bank.

Yado

I didn't see it for Gaga's looks until designers finally took a liking to her and she found people for the haus who were talented enough to elevate her vision. Most of the getups from the fame were awful, she looked like a cosplayer on a budget.

iglS6Z4M94ID4.gif

royalan

It's bad. But yes those four songs are great, though Just Dance is the worst of the set.

But I don't know why the Fame era gets such props when TFM was totally The Fame+. Bad Romance is her best song eva, then Speechless, Alejandro, Telephone, Dancing in the Dark, Monster....every goddam song on that record is a winner /clivedavis and you can take that to the bank.

The first half of The Fame Monster was Famega perfected. She still had the energy/eagerness of her early days, but with a much bigger budget.

The latter half was the beginning of her transformation into the total mess we see before us now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom