• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been leading a PRISM free life for two weeks so far.

So yes.

iMfKzvQInugnU.gif

Applause isn't to blame so much for ARTPOP's low debut numbers so much as a lack of a swift second single. She lingered too long and once she decided to switch gears for a song that didn't have a video ready to go it threw her momentum off by a whole month.

She practically put herself out of US airwaves the entire two weeks leading up to the album's release, with no hard-hitting single to keep her name in people's ears for the album's release.

She has three huge promotional opportunities though:
1) SNL, for the album push
2) American Music Awards, for the single push
3) Muppets Show Special, for her own push

Honestly if those three things had been done in this last week or two then these numbers would be much higher. I guess the bottom line here is that you can't be a successful album artist without a successful single. Applause could have helped, but it's way past due on that.

Zutroy

I think most of us Army members know BJ is gonna flop in terms of sales. I think it's gonna be a good album though. What's most important for us is that the tour gets good reviews. If not we may go into hiding.

Gaga is quite the epic flop though. The hype and promo she's been building for the album the last few months has been huge.

I'd be interested in the UK sales. She's been getting dragged by all the papers the last few weeks saying she's got a bad dope habit and that ARTPOP is mediocre.

DominoKid

I think most of us Army members know BJ is gonna flop in terms of sales. I think it's gonna be a good album though. What's most important for us is that the tour gets good reviews. If not we may go into hiding.

Gaga is quite the epic flop though. The hype and promo she's been building for the album the last few months has been huge.

I'd be interested in the UK sales. She's been getting dragged by all the papers the last few weeks saying she's got a bad dope habit and that ARTPOP is mediocre.

this is silly.

Touchdown

Banned

I don't see how you guys think anything BUT going to number one is a flop. If that's the case then all your faves would be a flop at one point or another.

izMkackwHqixd.gif

KATHERINE MCPEE DESERVES NOTHING MUCH IN LIFE THAN PURE UTTER FLOP.

TRASH. EVERYTHING ABOUT HER IS TRASH.

Pressed that her album outsold both Bionic and Lotus eh?

Not to mention Over It outselling the singles from said album.

(I would also point out that her music was better, she has a more pleasant voice, and she is also prettier.)

royalan

Pressed that her album outsold both Bionic and Lotus eh?

Not to mention Over It outselling the singles from said album.

(I would also point out that her music was better, she has a more pleasant voice, and she is also prettier.)

LOL - good? Katherine McPhee's music was a D-tier impersonation of B'Day, and that's the truth.

NOT TO MENTION THAT HOMEWRECKING TROLLOP DESTROYING SMASH WITH HER SLUTY, HUSBAND-STEALING WAYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom