• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
They represent EDMga's squished career.

Fair enough.

XQHChOI.gif

Cynosure

The fact that Victoria's Secret passed right on by Gaga, who has an album just released, for someone who's been on relative hiatus outside of touring should tell you what the world now thinks of her visuals.

Gaga's not sexy. And now she's not even visually interesting. She's no fashionista. Not anymore. She's a pretentious circus freak 5 minutes away from a total breakdown, and nobody wants anything to do with ha.

She got back on track with the music this era. Next era she really needs to have some serious internal meetings on her visuals and presentation, because she's a damn mess to look at.

It's time to put most of the HAUS out on the STREET.

They represent EDMga's squished career.

XQHChOI.gif

qditpNk.gif

Styles

Not exactly urbanga but something different than just dance
hell do an album full of ballads and country-rock mixed with some R&B influences

iH2OjymKUU53J.gif

Sis, I know the predictions have come in and that it has done a number on you and the Monsters

BUT YOU'VE GOT TO STOP WITH THIS NONSENSE

isqgbAJD0bONc.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Stefan™;89728991 said:
Sis, I know the predictions have come in and that it has done a number on you and the Monsters

BUT YOU'VE GOT TO STOP WITH THIS NONSENSE

isqgbAJD0bONc.gif

Gaga has peaked with dance and you know it
ask for more dance and her next album will be full of Venuses
and by that I mean her own EDM produced tracks

imgoE7juFlSvV.gif

I dont really care about her topping the charts, I understand she isn't going to go back to the success she used to have
but a bit of diversity in her discography wouldn't hurt. She already tried to explore an urban sound with ARTPOP, going further in would be a nice welcome

plus she already said she wanted and plans to work with Rick Rubin more
iH2OjymKUU53J.gif

Her music is great this era, and a handful of songs from ARTPOP have #1 potential. As I said, people aren't tired of her music. They just haven't heard the really good ones yet.

Applause is one song that only half resonated, and most people don't know about DWUW yet. She didn't pair this album release with a headlined single or television promo. So for most people they either don't know this album's out or aren't checking for it because they don't have any derivative single to look to other than a 3 month old song. So calm your asses, first week sales aren't that critical.

The fact that so many monsters are so desperate tonight that they're calling for her to abandon her sound and do something like Lorde and Adele shows me that they're not here for her niche. She's dance pop, and dance pop will never go out of style. Deal.

Walk down the runway but don't puke
It's okay
You just had a salad today
Boulangerie
Just ask your gay friends their advice
Before you
Get a spray tan on holiday
In Taipei

iH2OjymKUU53J.gif

royalan

Walk down the runway but don't puke
It's okay
You just had a salad today
Boulangerie
Just ask your gay friends their advice
Before you
Get a spray tan on holiday
In Taipei

iH2OjymKUU53J.gif

I actually can't stand that line, and how Gaga goes back and forth between wanting to champion gays and using us as props.

iH2OjymKUU53J.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Her music is great this era, and a handful of songs from ARTPOP have #1 potential. As I said, people aren't tired of her music. They just haven't heard the really good ones yet.

Applause is one song that only half resonated, and most people don't know about DWUW yet. She didn't pair this album release with a headlined single or television promo. So for most people they either don't know this album's out or aren't checking for it because they don't have any derivative single to look to other than a 3 month old song. So calm your asses, first week sales aren't that critical.

The fact that so many monsters are so desperate tonight that they're calling for her to abandon her sound and do something like Lorde and Adele shows me that they're not here for her niche. She's dance pop, and dance pop will never go out of style. Deal.

stop saying I am desperate for her to succeed, I have even discussed with others about how I want Gaga to flop so she can go do whatever she wants and be released from the industry executives that pressure her to deliver a hit (like how she has been saying recently in every interview). I mean she CHANGED I Wanna Be With You to Dope cause Interscope liked it....
that was a big wtf

I want.... EYE want something more than just dance. Listening to the Howard interview made remember how shooting Gaga's voice and how ARTPOP doesn't do it justice because it gets lost within the production and with some of those verses, only in a few songs is it able to shine. Yeah ARTPOP is great and all but strip it back at least for one album. Go listen to The Queen and then tell me you wouldnt want more of that last bridge

Starry night come inside me like never before
Don't forget me when I come crying to heaven's door
I will fly on a challenger across the sky
Like a phoenix so you can remind them of the dream I bore

i65HOzbEdAq9Q.gif

Yeah, because Christina hasn't piled on the "I'm the savior of the gays!" crap like Gaga has. She's just herself. It would be a more genuine line coming from her...if she ever sang anything like that.

Uh huh. As far as I remember it was Gaga that was performing in gay and drag bars for years leading up to her fame, and made an entire album pertaining to youth and LGBT empowerment at her popularity peak. I'm pretty sure you're the only gay person in American who still thinks that Gaga's doing some kind of pandering schtick. She's an honorary gay. Let her in.

royalan

Uh huh. As far as I remember it was Gaga that was performing in gay and drag bars for years leading up to her fame, and made an entire album pertaining to youth and LGBT empowerment at her popularity peak. I'm pretty sure you're the only gay person in American who still thinks that Gaga's doing some kind of pandering schtick. She's an honorary gay. Let her in.

...In Madge I Trust

Go listen to The Queen and then tell me you wouldnt want more of that last bridge

Starry night come inside me like never before
Don't forget me when I come crying to heaven's door
I will fly on a challenger across the sky
Like a phoenix so you can remind them of the dream I bore

I wouldn't know because I never made it that far through that wretched song.

i65HOzbEdAq9Q.gif

Do you remember, we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time.
You made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter.
You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.

Taylor-Swift-Fierce.gif

NOT the intro to Aura giving me Shadow Hearts teas. (seriously, from 0:35 onward is something I could imagine Yoshitaka Hirota coming up with!)

I still have to give ARTPOP a couple more listens. I kinda vaguely like it, and nothing really stuck out as horrible, but I find music rarely sticks with me after just one listen unless it's some "Can't Get You Outta My Head"-tier hymn.

soooo in the meantime, I don't think I've ever introduced myself, because I'm shy. So hi! I'm perfect free and I'm normally a huge dork and spend a lot of time listening to video game soundtracks, but when I'm not doing that
and I wanna get down with my bad twink self
I like pop music. I don't really do a lot of crazy stanning, but I'm mentally preparing myself to lose my shit the next time Robyn graces us with her musical gifts. I used Body Talk for pretty much a solid year and it just gave me SO much life. Same with anything new from Kylie. I also worship the Japanese techno-goddesses Perfume, Janelle Monáe (The Electric Lady was great but I think ArchAndroid still tops it), and a lil Britney and Rihanna if I'm in the mood. (Real talk, I love Rihanna's voice but I don't think she or her songs really do it justice except on rare occasions. Or maybe that's just my weakness for power ballads showing. More stuff like "Fire Bomb" please.) So yeah, hiya PopGAF. I don't post much but I can't look away.

Sis, I just listened to God's Mirror in full for the first time.

END ME, BITCH.

i65HOzbEdAq9Q.gif

I know, sis. She has truly blessed us with this.

i65HOzbEdAq9Q.gif

NOT the intro to Aura giving me Shadow Hearts teas. (seriously, from 0:35 onward is something I could imagine Yoshitaka Hirota coming up with!)

I still have to give ARTPOP a couple more listens. I kinda vaguely like it, and nothing really stuck out as horrible, but I find music rarely sticks with me after just one listen unless it's some "Can't Get You Outta My Head"-tier hymn.

soooo in the meantime, I don't think I've ever introduced myself, because I'm shy. So hi! I'm perfect free and I'm normally a huge dork and spend a lot of time listening to video game soundtracks, but when I'm not doing that
and I wanna get down with my bad twink self
I like pop music. I don't really do a lot of crazy stanning, but I'm mentally preparing myself to lose my shit the next time Robyn graces us with her musical gifts. I used Body Talk for pretty much a solid year and it just gave me SO much life. Same with anything new from Kylie. I also worship the Japanese techno-goddesses Perfume, Janelle Monáe (The Electric Lady was great but I think ArchAndroid still tops it), and a lil Britney and Rihanna if I'm in the mood. (Real talk, I love Rihanna's voice but I don't think she or her songs really do it justice except on rare occasions. Or maybe that's just my weakness for power ballads showing. More stuff like "Fire Bomb" please.) So yeah, hiya PopGAF. I don't post much but I can't look away.

You're going to fit in just fine here. Welcome!

royalan

All the major pop girls struggling REALLY gives me a deeper appreciation of Madonna, and really calls into focus just how impressive it is that she held on to top-tier relevance for as long as she did.

Staying on top requires such an intrinsic understanding of pop culture and trends. An act needs to stay current, and stay themselves while at the same time not getting mired in their own baggage or hype. The sheer discipline it took for Madonna to keep such an iron grip on Pop culture for so long...

...only Rihanna seems to deserve the title "The Next Madonna" at this point.

Ch7cuFr.gif
UsPF0JS.gif

Madonna has hit massive lows with certain album cycles. So much so that people counted her out practically every other era. The point is that she did what she wanted to do, and in doing so either managed to find her way back to the pop culture zeitgeist or fell out of relevance temporarily.

Ya'll need to give newer acts the opportunity to do that too. Well not ya'll, just Roy. And stop calling Rihanna the new Madonna. lol

lbr, the pop climate during Madonnasaur's peak eras was totally different from today's. We can't even compare.

Madonna has hit massive lows with certain album cycles. So much so that people counted her out practically every other era. The point is that she did what she wanted to do, and in doing so either managed to find her way back to the pop culture zeitgeist or fell out of relevance temporarily.

Ya'll need to give newer acts the opportunity to do that too. Well not ya'll, just Roy. And stop calling Rihanna the new Madonna. lol

royalan

Madonna's relative lows were nothing compared to Gaga (or even Britney, at this point).

Madonna's relative lows were nothing compared to Gaga (or even Britney, at this point).

You must be kidding.

I've decided that you're kidding.

Mau ®;89741468 said:
But its the truth.

rihanna-pour-it-up-video-1.gif

Madonna was a pop culture phenomenon, and inspired a generation of girls to dress and act like her. So that's a negative.

We're blurring lines here between song success and pop culture relevance. With all her number ones and Vevo records, if one were to "zoom out" so to speak on pop culture around the world to see the most prevalent pop culture titans, you would see a small handful of female pop stars that have reached that point. Rih's not there.

cory64

Madonna didn't flop until American Life. You're getting her reputation confused with her success. Only her image had true ups and down, she still slayed for almost 20 years straight.

Artemisia

Banned
All the major pop girls struggling REALLY gives me a deeper appreciation of Madonna, and really calls into focus just how impressive it is that she held on to top-tier relevance for as long as she did.

Staying on top requires such an intrinsic understanding of pop culture and trends. An act needs to stay current, and stay themselves while at the same time not getting mired in their own baggage or hype. The sheer discipline it took for Madonna to keep such an iron grip on Pop culture for so long...

...only Rihanna seems to deserve the title "The Next Madonna" at this point.

Ch7cuFr.gif
UsPF0JS.gif

yall know i hate rihanna but this is tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom