• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Why wasn't I invited?
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Mariah surprises super fans on Jimmy Fallon with "The Art of Letting Go"

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Poor brave Jimmy Fallon being made to sit through that song so many times.
And poor brave me for waiting for fucking ages to post that

ibbkbxpPC4nWHW.gif

These servers need an adrenaline shot

The song is already outside of the top 10 and radio isn't showing any signs of picking up up quite yet.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are looking for a Hot 100 #1.

royalan

Legend X opens @ #1 on BillBoard with iTunes sales

Slay bitch.

At least you WORKED for it

iYPweVt3Heo3y.gif

Slay, Legendtina.

And the marketing push hasn't even started yet. Seems like they're not stalling with promo like with Lotus era; video was filmed last week, so expect a big push for this song.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Also, how did Dope only debut with 31k sold when she had 100k+ preorders and venus + Dwuw opened 125K+? She should have been at least top 10 on the digital chart, not #60

Vazduh

Just heard the alleged "Tick Tick Boom" demo. If that wasn't fake, all I can say is... Oh, Britney... Phlegm Fatale suddenly starts to seem like an amazing album.

At least Monsters have the #8 debut for Dope based on streaming alone.

I never realized live performance streams counted towards the chart.....

Seems like she's gunning for some longevity since her US promo restarts with SNL this weekend, then continues into the end of the month.

Still though, if that number counts pre-orders then that's like 150,000 fresh purchases. Yikes girl.

Maybe she stands to learn something from Katy Perry last era and just make smart singles choices; the album will sell along the way. You won't get headlines for it but you'll get the installed base up. Teenage Dream sold really well and most of those sales were made in short bursts following a hit single.

I wonder if she's upset by this. lol

Matt_

I am in legit shock
Like, I knew it wouldnt do BTW numbers (despite my dodgy prediction in like August) but I would NEVER have guessed she would struggle to hit 300k

I am in legit shock
Like, I knew it wouldnt do BTW numbers (despite my dodgy prediction in like August) but I would NEVER have guessed she would struggle to hit 300k

No promo or hit single right now. Applause is floating but it's been out for a long time. We should have pieced this together but I guess we assumed that because she's as big as she is that the album would sell a lot regardless.

Wait.... is this her 4 era? ;___;

I am in legit shock

A lot will depend on DWUW. She needs a big single to push albums.

Applause obviously didn't do the job.

Matt_

Maybe it will teach ha to actually perform her single and not some random album songs. It didn't work for Christina last year and its not working now

Matt_

On the bright side.... Gaga is still going to outsell the first weeks of all 7 of Rihanna's albums!

iQqW7ALo1Mgsx.gif

Acting like that is some kind of big achievement
ivDrlniTE1vR4.gif

DWUW video needs to drop

Dope going #8 only goes to show how bad of a metric streaming is.

It did not chart on the Airplay chart and was outside the top 50 on digital.

(I say this as a 1D stan..... they are carried by streaming.)

Yado

Has nothing to do with the song honestly. Was all the video.

It was promoted to high heavens on youtube. I swear that almost every music video I watched had an advertisement for it.

I didn't know there was a video for Dope, is it from the Artrave thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom