• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

Ah ok, I'l look into that.

So...The Art of Letting Go has grown on me
iQ0mdICpKzNGe.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Dope's streaming wasnt from artrave it was from the youtube music awards. It's got liek 14m views

Dope's streaming wasnt from artrave it was from the youtube music awards. It's got liek 14m views

The video has 15 million views. Some of which came from this week.

As for the rest. MOST artist's videos have about 1/4th of their views come from the USA, and only USA stream count towards the chart.

So either Gaga is extremely local (not ruling it out) or there were other factors.

cory64

I can just see it now:
1. EMINEM - THE MARSHALL MATHERS LP 2 Interscope/Aftermath: 282k
2. LADY GAGA - ARTPOP Interscope/Streamline: 257k

royalan

I tried to tell you hoes before and you wouldn't listen: Gaga should have dropped Applause like a bad habit the SECOND it didn't slay.

It was a terrible single choice, and all that energy she wasted sucked all the hype right out of ARTPOP. And what's worse is that Applause really is the most radio-friendly song on the album, despite being complete shit.

The era just started and it feels like it's been going forever thanks to all that wasted effort. Might as well hang it up now, nobody is going to care about anything she does from this point forward, as far as ARTPOP is concerned.

RIP

DMeisterJ

Banned
On the bright side.... Gaga is still going to outsell the first weeks of all 7 of Rihanna's albums!

iQqW7ALo1Mgsx.gif

That's a really dim brightness when you can barely outsell a single's artist first week. But drag.

ddddddd at the title. I can't at Rihanna having a mod pressed because she is delivering the swift clock to iTunes in her off year. All she does is win and people being her up even when she's minding her business.

Make sure y'all rihquest What Now and check for the vid on Friday. Also be on the lookout for The monster to be #1 on the Hot 100 in a week or two.

royalan

TBH. If Gaga flops with this album and the coming singles it will probably be the most iconic flop of the last decade.

I dunno, Britney might be giving her a run for her money on that. Britney Jean is looking like it's going to be a flop of the HIGHEST order at this point.

The race is tight.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Has Britney even performed once this era?

I dunno, Britney might be giving her a run for her money on that. Britney Jean is looking like it's going to be a flop of the HIGHEST order at this point.

The race is tight.

Yeah, but everyone knew this was a flopney era. No one is surprised it is failing.

(Maybe surprised at how hard it was failing.)

If her album fails to sell 100k first week then it is possible.

Mau ®

Let me RIHmind you all that Bionic and Lotus came out this decade.

Ain't no way Indie Jean will outdo them at flopping. It will flop tho and thats a fact. But it will a forgettable flop.

ARTPOP still has a shot at having a Rated R-like rihbound with Gypsy tbh.

royalan

Yeah, but everyone knew this was a flopney era. No one is surprised it is failing.

(Maybe surprised at how hard it was failing.)

If her album fails to sell 100k first week then it is possible.

I need to consult with other #Fighters. I don't know who I should be rooting for to flop harder...

Mau ®;89703060 said:
Let me RIHmind you all that Bionic and Lotus came out this decade.

Ain't no way Indie Jean will outdo them at flopping. It will flop tho and thats a fact. But it will a forgettable flop.

ARTPOP still has a shot at having a Rated R-like rihbound with Gypsy tbh.

Britney Jean has the opportunity to flop harder because, not only will the sales be shit, but we'll likely be getting 2 years and 50+ shows of Britney live performance FAIL to mock. The Army had better brace themselves. Their girl is in for a world of dragging that the Fighters know all too well. Will they have our strength, tho?

cory64

bionic is a boring flop tbh. No one was heralding Xtina as the queen of pop or as being on another level to her peers in all aspects, as the Little Monsters do with Gaga.
There were DEFINITELY some who thought Xtina was above the rest because of her voice and Back to Basics risk taking

bionic is a boring flop tbh. No one was heralding Xtina as the queen of pop or as being on another level to her peers in all aspects, as the Little Monsters do with Gaga.

Except Xtina herself when she said it was "for real music lovers and ahead of its time"

Going by how well it sold, she truly is her own biggest fan.

botty

Banned
Had to bring out my Jeantel gifs for this occasion.
imQsp1yB1mkCD.gif

Truly is an interesting moment in pop. So do we still look down on Katy, or what?
iMfKzvQInugnU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom