• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fujin

Banned
The way stan talk and gay slang continuously develops and changes is probably the most interesting thing about the whole culture, imo. I mean... where else do you see the subject instantly change into a proper pronoun directly after being mentioned.

oop

Welcome to PopGaf. I think I've seen you on atrl~

Probably, I got perma banned for posting this gif though.
tumblr_m9opyaIqbE1ra163eo1_250.gif

Reading these meltdowns....

http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/topic/506869-the-itunes-elephant-in-the-room/page-410

4Fu785a.gif

3phemeral

Sia. Her impacT.

Regardless of the bullshit DMJ spews.

tumblr_mf9y7hmJml1qi8xvdo1_500_zps9336c576.jpg

Yass, Sia!

I'm ashamed I haven't really listened to any of her albums until lately. Other than Breathe Me, I only started to listen to her discography last night. I've been slayed infinitely+1 over by I Go To Sleep, Soon We'll Be Found, Blew It All Away, Distractions, and You've Changed. Those runs she does she belts and the pure emotive quality of her voice instantly grabs me. I can't get enough of how she arranges her runs. Slay.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
But where's the ARTPOP OT

Can I make it?
25793bfd.gif

I would imagine nem claimed it years ago, but it wont get posted till a week or two before

Has perra's team been taking down Dark Horse from youtube?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The Guardian Drags hard Jessie J and her new album "Alive"

It's a state of affairs compounded by a noticeable absence of the kind of stubborn hooks that caused Jessie J's 2011 hit Price Tag to lodge in your head whether you liked it or not, and by the fact that there's a weird void where the singer should be. She can certainly sing, albeit in the grandstanding all-talent-and-no-taste style that guarantees a standing ovation on The X Factor. I Miss Her, a ballad dealing with the improbable subject of Alzheimer's, would be infinitely more affecting if she dialled down her performance a bit. Instead, she starts breaking out the melismas after about 20 seconds and goes progressively more bananas from there on in. The effect is distracting, like a heartfelt and tender eulogy being read out by a pantomime dame who keeps flashing her sequined bloomers and shooting fireworks out of her wig.

Whatever else you make of her, it's hard to argue that Jessie J is blandly characterless. If you're going to have the kind of pop star who acts as a tweenage role model, it might as well be a woman with a shaved head who handled the Sun's customarily tactful investigation into her sexuality – "Jessie Gay" ran the front-page headline – with laudable insouciance: "I've never denied it – get over it." But you'd never guess that from her lyrics, which have nothing to offer but tired self-help cliches, hollow girls-night-out cheerleading – Sexy Lady virtually turns up in a pink stretch limo, waving an inflatable penis – and what you might politely term a slightly contradictory attitude to that great pop bugbear of our times, The Haters. "Don't you get tired of being rude?" asks It's My Party, which is a fair question, but one you should perhaps think twice about asking if the chorus of one of the other songs on your album goes: "Excuse my rude [sic] but I really ****ing hate you."

Of course, none of this would matter if the choruses velcroed themselves to your brain: you could level a lot of the same criticisms at her debut album, Who You Are, and that sold 2.5m copies and spawned six top 10 singles. Instead, they just drift past, never latching on. And perhaps that's what her US record company mean when they say the album isn't ready yet: as it stands, Alive is too easy to ignore.
source

That reviewer should join Gaf. I agree with the whole review (You should read for the full dragging)
igQL9270jRENO.jpg

Nemesis_

I never said they couldn't?

Please don't put words in my mouth and bully me. I'm not like the other people you try it with.

Girl please, if you feel bullied then you should do what the other ones who feel "bullied" do here
iYGzNbhm57uMh.png

But where's the ARTPOP OT

Can I make it?
25793bfd.gif

*ahem*

i699AkRUOowTA.gif

It really is for the best to do separate OTs for each single, and then a major one a week or two prior to the album tbh.

You could create one a month earlier but that didn't work out for some artists.
iYGzNbhm57uMh.png

Gurls. Get your last predictions in asap is you could since Bangerz is releasing in a couple weeks! It is almost over and I can then stop harassing you!

bFmKgTr.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Can I lower Miley to 410 and i'll say 530 for 1d

Also nem, everytime i see the OT of OTs I wonder how you havent received a tag from it

edit; I see Pupi has Dark Souls 2. You best not disappoint

Both added.

Also.... Queen of Country giving promo to the Kings of Pop.
52b0f867.gif

tumblr_mqjt1hKpXi1s8259eo1_500.jpg

"@carrieunderwood: So… The 1D boys were totes at my movie theater last night. Jealous? I tried to chat w/ them but they just stood there…awkward…"

Matt_

The applause remixes are out on Oct 1st
Gaga just tweeted this one by Purity Ring

She' doing a q&a on twitter too

Yesss please be a song we haven't heard.

Sex Dreams is the closest we can get to a good single but it's still a bit risky. I know she's got more eligible candidates on that album!

Nemesis_

I want to be confident in Gypsy, but it feels silly getting hyped for a song I haven't heard at all.

I feel like everyone is getting hyped for it because of RedOne's involvement but then I am also reminded that's how everyone felt about Hair (and to a lesser extent, Judas).

I fucking hate Hair

Gaga just tweeted the second single will be coming before the release of ARTPOP but "not too soon".

I feel like everyone is getting hyped for it because of RedOne's involvement but then I am also reminded that's how everyone felt about Hair (and to a lesser extent, Judas).

I fucking hate Hair

;___;

Hair is so flawless though. If you imagine a teenage girl in the 1980s spraying her mountain of hair in front of a mirror and singing into a microphone, there is like no better song that fits that image. It's like a NIN/Kiss song if the members of NIN or Kiss were spoiled but embattled teenage girls. Love <3

Matt_

Britney on Ryan Seacrest This Morning

The CONFIDENCE, HER INSANE amount of speaking.

3 flawless interviews. While everyone is too busy worrying about WB iTunes position this is more important to me. No one has noticed she's been back. Ugh

I see that little rep out to Gaga at the start
But yeh she sounds really good. I dont like Seacrest though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom