• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

And vice versa

Real fans never turn their back on you #WillAlwaysLoveBritney Some stars really are as sweet as you thought they were,

cup600(1).jpg

Nemesis_

The ARTPOP album cover is still being finished but will be released within the next two weeks. Gaga says she "can't say when exactly".

xaosslug

so, with Lorde's success are we now entering the time of the 'anti-bling/popstar' (i wonder if she will see Avril-sized success, MADgenta levels, or Marshall Mathers heights...?)? And after witnessing Triley's VMA performance, which was basically pop bankruptcy/pop music jumping the shark of sorts, do we think Rihanna/her crew will see the writing on the wall and try and come w/ a more Lorde-sounding sound next go? Hmm.

iZLiFklpesVBH.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
so, with Lorde's success are we now entering the time of the 'anti-bling/popstar' (i wonder if she will see Avril-sized success, MADgenta levels, or Marshall Mathers heights...?)? And after witnessing Triley's VMA performance, which was basically pop bankruptcy/pop music jumping the shark of sorts, do we think Rihanna/her crew will see the writing on the wall and try and come w/ a more Lorde-sounding sound next go? Hmm.

iZLiFklpesVBH.gif

You mean like what Adele was?

Trigger

Well, Rih did change up her sound with Unapologetic. Diamonds and Stay were a lot more mature than some of her past efforts. I don't think a sound like Lorde's will ever dominate radio, but I do think
(more like hope)
people are going to move away from the generic dancer song trend.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Adele was anti-synth/autotune/EDM and about the public demanding something REAL. Her songs weren't about putting a spotlight on the bling/popstar lifestyle.

Oh I see.
Then no not at all.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

iZLiFklpesVBH.gif

I'm pretty sure that the REAL MUSIC APPRECIATION SOCIETY™ have been ringing the death of pop music since about 1963.

Matt_

TKO isn't actually that bad, but why does it have to be 7 minutes long? Eurgh.
It's climbing that charts too

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
2 new ARTPOP song titles: Brooklyn Nights and Temple

one song *brooklyn nights* you can dance to it, but its melancholy and personal

and i need a whole box of tissues for that song. and a hug under a disco ball

1. Swine
2. Sex Dreams
3. Manicure
4. I Wanna Be With You
5. Aura
6. Applause
7. Jewels & Drugs
8. Mary Jane Holland
9. Gypsy
10. Donatella
11. ARTPOP
12. Brooklyn Nights
13. Temple

songs that need to be reconfirmed
G.U.Y.
TEA

Matt_

All these errors are clearly because of our filthy ways

Matt_

If we're allowed to like Michael Jackon's music, am I allowed to like this?
I don't want to make a faux pas

ibHrTf8POxnws.gif

Partition

Banned
YASSS RIH STAN FOR YOUR QUEEN

Let me be nice to the #NVAY for a while

UPDATE: NICKI retweeted Rih's tweet, if this is what the last ARTPOP collab is I'm finished
tumblr_m5nnuiDCcZ1rwyjj5o1_100.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Britney in "great vocal shape" for Vegas!
Britney Spears is in "vocal shape" for her upcoming Las Vegas residency, according to Caesars VP of entertainment.

Kurt Melien told Billboard that the 'Toxic' singer's 'Piece of Me' show will include 21 of her greatest hits as well as material from her upcoming studio album.

Asked if Spears intends to sing live during her two-year residency at Planet Hollywood, he said: "We haven't had that conversation. She certainly has been a singer and dancer her entire life, and she certainly has the chops today.

"There's no doubt about it that she's in the physical shape and vocal shape to sing the entire show. She's working out a ton, training a ton and rehearsing a ton. She's super pumped and really excited about this idea since it became real."

Earlier this week, the singer told Good Morning America: "I'm definitely ready. I sometimes have training for five hours a day."

Source

I'll be perched for those vocals
74166714673818343262oqkon.gif

EDIT: Dark Horse getting red updates? Yasssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom