• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
To erase the foul potential stench of Aneurysm pulling in higher first week totals than ARTPOP, let's rank Gaga's flawless title tracks:

- The Fame
- Monster
- Born This Way
- ARTPOP

What say ye GAF?

Artemisia

Banned
To erase the foul potential stench of Aneurysm pulling in higher first week totals than ARTPOP, let's rank Gaga's flawless title tracks:

- The Fame
- Monster
- Born This Way
- ARTPOP

What say ye GAF?

Those are all some of the more middling tracks on their respective albums, but Monster > ARTPOP > Born This Way > The Fame.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
omg this episode was amazing of Coven.

and next week! fcensiufcf1syifbdsuibfdsfuidshbnfsduihfbnsudi

shit is going to go down.

OMG I completely forgot it was on last night, let me rush and watch it

royalan

- The Fame
- Monster
- Born This Way
- ARTPOP

What say ye GAF?

It's a tie between The Fame and ARTPOP. Both are great, original (sorry, BTW) tracks that really sum up the spirit of their respective albums. The Fame edges out slightly for being so damn catchy, though (and it houses one of Gaga's best choruses).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I saw this picture of God, Jesus, Zeus, and Odin walking down the street together and I thought it was so weird I had to share:

1097159_10151757700758617_1473980055_o.jpg

Besides the fact that it's obviously been tinted it's so weird, like it could have been taken yesterday. There's nothing in the photo that says 'this is definitely the 1960s'. Even the cabs in London are the same.

It's a tie between The Fame and ARTPOP. Both are great, original (sorry, BTW) tracks that really sum up the spirit of their respective albums. The Fame edges out slightly for being so damn catchy, though (and it houses one of Gaga's best choruses).

I agree, The Fame is so crazy underrated. It perfectly captures the tongue-in-cheek gloss of that album and the hook is ridiculously catchy (FAAME!).

Monster loses points for being outclassed by Bad Romance and Alejandro, arguably more polished songs. Born This Way I do think is one of a kind for her (ironic I know) but the presentation and blatant referencing dilutes its value as a GAGA song.

ARTPOP is an absolute gem, though I think it sums up her pinache as a "pop artist" more than capturing the sound of the whole album.

So I guess my ranking would go:

1) ARTPOP
2) The Fame
3) Born This Way
4) Monster

Artemisia

Banned
The Fame starts off so promisingly with those pounding synths and the guitar. A shame the rest of the song doesn't live up to that short moment of life.

Bladenic

Monster > ARTPOP > BTW > The Fame

Also ARTPOP album slays and the haters can remain seething (and celebrating her huge decline).

My GodPop rankings:

Tales of Vesperia tier:

Gypsy
ARTPOP
Aura
Sexxx Dreams
Do What U Want

Ni no Kuni tier:

GUY
Venus
Dope
Fashion!

Mario and Luigi Dream Team tier:

Applause
Donatella
MANiCURE
Mary Jane Holland

Final Fantasy XIII-2 tier:

Swine
Jewels n Drugs

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mau ®;89798246 said:
12. RIHANNA – The Monster f/Eminem: 77.534 (+ 4.504)

Biggest update of the day, much like the rest of it's updates since it's rihlease. The 13th #1 is coming. Be perched for it.
1074.gif

Also, make sure to watch What Now's video out tomorrow.
1074.gif

Not the radio queen slaying the radio again. A mess.

Bladenic

ARTPOP is AOTY except maybe Days Are God. So perched for God, her SNL gig then HAIM next week. Queens.

My tireless ARTPOP promo at work must have given her a few extra sales too. 260,005 by now :gaycat:

I got bored of VENUS tbh. She should have reselased G.U.Y. as first single. The album is severely lacking in singles material actually.

Really though? G.U.Y, Aura, Dope, Fashion!, MANiCURE and Sexxx Dreams are all single-worthy, and could rightfully smash with the right push and timing. Definitely more radio friendly than Born This Way was.

Really though? G.U.Y, Aura, Dope, Fashion!, MANiCURE and Sexxx Dreams are all single-worthy, and could rightfully smash with the right push and timing. Definitely more radio friendly than Born This Way was.

Aside from Venus and maybe G.U.Y. the rest of those songs are highly referential to other artists or just straight eurodance fodder. They're not fresh or original in the least however good song they may be and personally fail to excite me. This is my main problem with ARTPOP in general and why I consider is lesser to BTW. For an album so named it's concept and music are rooted in the past.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Modern Gods of the City > Yeezus > Reflektor > Electric Lady > Days are Gone

It would be unfair of me to include ARTPOP in these rankings.
iIHGN2qWS0jeP.png

Partly because there are quite a few other albums I would have to include first and I haven't got all day.
ibx46nlUyHm1rR.png

I have to agree with Kev about Ni No Kuni being shit. I made it to Hamelin then gave up because I just couldn't force myself to use that broken ass battle system any longer.

ixBxx0dmq7W8T.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom