• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm currently playing Tales of Xillia and it is thoroughly slaying me. I really wish Scamco would release the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia in English.

But I'll resort to buying a used 360 copy if I must.

Ddddd at people arguing over NnK. Let me change it to the Persona 4 tier instead.

I can fully support a Godsona 4 tier.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Since we're nearing the end of the the year, here's a refresher course for some stan-worthy releases that yew definitely may have overlooked:

Annie - The A&R EP + Tube Stops & Lonely Hearts
Kelela - Cut 4 Me
Ejecta - Jeremiah (The Denier) + Afraid of the Dark
SZA - S EP
Clare Maguire - Paper Thin + Changing Faces + album coming in 2014
Baby Queens - Red Light/Star Light + Life Goes By EP
Frida Sundemo - Indigo EP + Indian Summer
FKA Twigs - EP 2
Solange & Saint Records - Saint Heron compilation
Jhene Aiko - Sail Out EP
Kate Boy - Northern Lights EP
V V Brown - Samson & Delilah
Roisin Murphy & Boris Dlugosch - Look Around You
Florrie - Live a LIttle
Tove Lo - Out of Mind + Run On Love
Chloe Howl - No Strings
Diana Vickers - Music To Make Boys Cry
Postiljonen - All That We Had Is Lost (they <3 Whitney)
St. Lucia - When the Night
Foxes - Youth
Club 8 - Above the City
Chela - Romanticise
SOHN - Bloodflows
Banks - London EP
Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer, Different Park
Shadows On Stars - Little Bit (Lykke Li cover) + album coming in 2014
Capital Children's Choir - Shake It Out (Florence cover) <3

Bladenic

Listening to Days are God again, lord help me.

My rankings:

Mad Men tier:

Forever
Falling
Running if you call my name
Days are Gone
Don't Save Me

The Vampire Diaries tier:

The Wire
If I Could Change Your Mind
Honey and I

Scandal tier:

Go Slow
Let Me Go
My Song 5

They're all amazing.

Oh stan for Kacey Musgraves Cosmic sis. Her album was so melancholy and depressing, but great.

Phreaker

ixBxx0dmq7W8T.gif

I haven't smoked in years, but this GIF always makes me want a cigarette.

Oh stan for Xillia MJH sis. Add me on PSN XxVpunxX xoxo

Dragonz idk what you have but add me if you have a Pexpired3

I have a PS3 too, I actually don't remember my PSN lol

I'll add you when I find it / log on next.

EDIT: Oh god I just remembered it. I was an idiot :lol

For the record I did not make it with the intention of stanning Brit, even though I do

Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally

Thanks a lot Aguila sis, lol.

Unconditionally, its ability to make me wish I were deaf.

In other news, I hope y'all are percheD for the PS4 launch stream tonight.

Godcharted 4's announcement is imminent.

3oe8Mpe.gif

Aw, sad. I thought season four was the closest they've come to the magic of season one. Still not as great but certainly miles better than three.

HMMMMMMMMt, I'll probably go back and watch the rest at some point. But man, I just wasn't feeling those first two episodes much.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
HMMMMMMMMt, I'll probably go back and watch the rest at some point. But man, I just wasn't feeling those first two episodes much.
I don't remember the specifics episode to episode. But the end of the last you watched, had Mary
decided not to be a raging hell bitch? Once she starts to act happy/normal/witty again, it gets INFINITELY better.

Artemisia

Banned
Since we're nearing the end of the the year, here's a refresher course for some stan-worthy releases that yew definitely may have overlooked:

Annie - The A&R EP + Tube Stops & Lonely Hearts
Kelela - Cut 4 Me
SZA - S EP
Baby Queens - Red Light/Star Light + Life Goes By EP
FKA Twigs - EP 2
Solange & Saint Records - Saint Heron compilation
Jhene Aiko - Sail Out EP
Kate Boy - Northern Lights EP
V V Brown - Samson & Delilah
Florrie - Live a LIttle
Tove Lo - Out of Mind + Run On Love
Chloe Howl - No Strings
Diana Vickers - Music To Make Boys Cry
Foxes - Youth
Banks - London EP
Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer, Different Park

I've listened to all of these ones throughout the year, and there are some true gems to be found.

BTW, Chloe Howl's new single shits on No Strings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxrYmYyRMZk

DMeisterJ

Banned
Drake was spotted at Rihanna's show, and at dinner with her after her show, and Rih returned to the same arena to check out Drake's show, and to bop along to their top 10 hit, "Take Care". http://instagram.com/p/grw3uIIxsL/

AubRih is back baby.
2mQxtJ0.png

---

Oh and that disgusting thing Chris Brown is out of rehab.

Artemisia

Banned
Beyoncé's iconic bop 'Get Me Bodied' is number 46 on the hot 100 this week, higher than Britney's latest single 'Perfume'. That's right, a 7 year old song is outcharting a new single released a couple of weeks ago.

beyonce-fanbookikz3o.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Beyoncé's iconic bop 'Get Me Bodied' is number 46 on the hot 100 this week, higher than Britney's latest single 'Perfume'. That's right, a 7 year old song is outcharting a new single released a couple of weeks ago.

beyonce-fanbookikz3o.gif

Not bad for someone who doesn't have a music career tbh.

beyonce-fanbookikz3o.gif

Lol seriously? But why?

Also I finally listened to Perfume in full. Didn't really like most of it but I LOVE the post-chorus. The "I'll never tell" portion. There are certain moments in pop songs where everything is just kind of perfect. That's one of those times. I do like the chords and melody in the chorus but I think the lyrics break its effectiveness a little bit. I do like that her voice strains a bit too, it adds some humanity to it. The verses though... >_>

Hope the ARTPOP predictions pick up a bit. 260,000 is shockingly low for a person of her caliber. Just kinda strange.

It's also interesting how this news falls perfectly in line with Gaga's recent string of interviews going on about how she won't be held down by corporations and that she isn't controlled by anyone. I think her split with Troy had something to do with that. You can tell she was really hurt by it. Not that low sales are related to that obviously but I think she might be less inclined to front load her sales as much as she used to. Her mentality right now seems to be "I stand by this music, whether it sells or not won't change anything about me."

Given how reactionary she is I'm really curious to know how she'll feel if her album ends up selling poorly in the longrun. People complained about Born This Way's sound and she made a 180 turn and released super radio-friendly music. Wonder if she'll do some kind of reversal here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom