• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Gaga is headed for her breakdown era. ARTPOP hasn't exactly been very warmly received critically and now if it doesn't sell that well, she'll crack. 2013 has been a terrible year for her, poor God.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
but wait at this change of tone: http://ladyxgaga.com/post/66954790875/at-the-h-m-times-square-grand-opening-lady-gaga

lmao.gif

What are the chances that it could go higher?

Low, but remember that BTW's final sales tally was higher than predictions. Albeit not by much, but that slight increase would make a difference for such a low projection, lol

They'd be looking at the album's momentum so far this week. On the one hand the app's been downloaded a lot (and most likely deleted immediately) but she was also just overtaken by Emiflem on iTunes. Could go either way.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Hope the ARTPOP predictions pick up a bit. 260,000 is shockingly low for a person of her caliber. Just kinda strange.

ipU80aIx8GU6u.gif

Seems pretty fitting for the Billy Mays of pop music.

Welcome to the rest of Gags' career: she can shill her wares however she wants to, but whatever good will there was with the GP has been long since burned away. The Monsturds will keep her in business for a long while, and everyone else will occasionally (and briefly) pay attention to the carny sideshow she classifies as an "image." That's about it.

ipU80aIx8GU6u.gif

Seems pretty fitting for the Billy Mays of pop music.

Welcome to the rest of Gags' career: she can shill her wares however she wants to, but whatever good will there was with the GP has been long since burned away. The Monsturds will keep her in business for a long while, and everyone else will occasionally (and briefly) pay attention to the carny sideshow she classifies as an "image." That's about it.

Please. Only with Gaga is everyone so quick to assume that she's on some sort of ill-fated journey, or that her trajectory will inevitably hit a bump and then she'll just resort to playing sets on gay cruises for the rest of her career. Just like literally every other popular person in music, if she doesn't hit hard this time, she has a thousand other opportunities to later. Nothing is irreparable. So have seats.

I like the neon heart behind her in that interview. The subtle Britney Jean stanning.

Since we're nearing the end of the the year, here's a refresher course for some stan-worthy releases that yew definitely may have overlooked:

Annie - The A&R EP + Tube Stops & Lonely Hearts
Kelela - Cut 4 Me
Ejecta - Jeremiah (The Denier) + Afraid of the Dark
SZA - S EP
Clare Maguire - Paper Thin + Changing Faces + album coming in 2014
Baby Queens - Red Light/Star Light + Life Goes By EP
Frida Sundemo - Indigo EP + Indian Summer
FKA Twigs - EP 2
Solange & Saint Records - Saint Heron compilation
Jhene Aiko - Sail Out EP
Kate Boy - Northern Lights EP
V V Brown - Samson & Delilah
Roisin Murphy & Boris Dlugosch - Look Around You
Florrie - Live a LIttle
Tove Lo - Out of Mind + Run On Love
Chloe Howl - No Strings
Diana Vickers - Music To Make Boys Cry
Postiljonen - All That We Had Is Lost (they <3 Whitney)
St. Lucia - When the Night
Foxes - Youth
Club 8 - Above the City
Chela - Romanticise
SOHN - Bloodflows
Banks - London EP
Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer, Different Park
Shadows On Stars - Little Bit (Lykke Li cover) + album coming in 2014
Capital Children's Choir - Shake It Out (Florence cover) <3

Bless your light. I'm about to listen to the Kacey Musgraves album for the first time purely because I enjoyed her fierce bitchface at the CMAs.

rs_560x415-131107085757-1024.Kacey-Musgrove-Sad-Face.jl.110713_copy.jpg

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
If i told you last week artpop was going to sell 250k you would have replied in the same way

ibratAlAduLc5G.jpg

all I remember is last week you were championing Rihanna over Gaga
and this week you remembered you "stan" Taylor and decided to champion her instead

the transparency to spin the decay to deeper levels than they are
ibratAlAduLc5G.jpg

Majmun

Beyoncé's iconic bop 'Get Me Bodied' is number 46 on the hot 100 this week, higher than Britney's latest single 'Perfume'. That's right, a 7 year old song is outcharting a new single released a couple of weeks ago.

beyonce-fanbookikz3o.gif

Even higher than Gaga's Do What You Want

iUdsR9yncbrjA.gif

&#8220;The first-ever Icon Award was created to honor an artist whose body of work has made a profound influence over pop music on a global level,&#8221; show producer Larry Klein said. &#8220;Rihanna&#8217;s iconic and innovative sound has enabled her to become one of the most influential and bestselling artists of all time.&#8221;

Touchdown

Banned
His second week sales will be higher than Mariah's first week sales

If she ever stops pushing the album back waiting for a hit single

Her days of "waiting" for a hit single have never happened. She just shits out songs on facebook and they chart. Not you coming for Mariah's 18 number ones when Rih has had less solo number ones than bruises on her face.

ibratAlAduLc5G.jpg

If only the album was fun to listen to.

Every song is so full of intent, completely deliberate and weighted down by a sense of purpose and depth that ultimately isn't there. You can't manufacture that kind of euphoria and buoyancy when you're so concerned about the charts. The Fame had it in spades and it's completely missing in ARTPOP.

Maybe this is for the best and Gags will sit down and try to write something actually fun and new next time. Enough of the tired themes and artifice already.

Also, I don't get why Gypsy is supposed to save the album. It sounds like TEOG 2.0 to me and we all know how well that did.

Anyways, I picked up ARTFLOP's "limited physical" cuz I'm a sucker for that sort of thing and pre-ordered Brit's next
flop
album.
52b0f867.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom