• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrapped in Red really is a great album, all stanning aside.

Not perfect, but probably the best Xmas album I own.

Agrih'd. I was really dreading this album but it turned out quite nicely. Gives me hope for the unfortunately inevitable country album.
w0s2u.png
In Kellegend We Trust.

Agrih'd. I was really dreading this album but it turned out quite nicely. Gives me hope for the unfortunately inevitable country album.
w0s2u.png
In Kellegend We Trust.

I am still most displeased by this development.

Then again.... it is pretty obvious that she is pregnant. Hopefully that puts her out of commission long enough to come to her senses.

lol.

Back to the county album..... I know that she is doing it because she wants to and not for money, but I think it could be awful for her career. Thus far her solo country releasing have produced minimal results. No one is here for it, and I cannot understand why she would think otherwise.

Sure other country stars (rightly) rave about her, but I don't think the audience really cares for her.

Mhm. She only gets nominated for Female Vocalist of the Year because of who she associates with (Blake/Miranda, Reba) and because there's slim pickings when it comes to women in country at the moment. A full country album would be disastrous, considering how all her solo material has fared. :\

Just make pop music with a country tinge, if you MUST, Kelly.

(Sidenote: I think she'd do well with HAIM-esque material.)

Hopefully the album is filled with high profile collaborations. She seems to do well with those.

At minimum the lead single needs to be a collab with someone in the industry that she has not worked with before (especially no Reba).

Hopefully the album is filled with high profile collaborations. She seems to do well with those.
I can see it now:

1. Because of You (feat. Reba)
2. Don't You Wanna Stay (feat. Jason Aldean)
3. Don't Rush (feat. Vince Gill)
4. The Banjo is Mine (feat. Carrie Underwood)
5. Breakup Song #57 (feat. Taylor Swift)
6. I Supported Ron Paul But I Still Have Black Friends (feat. Darius Rucker)
7. Tie It Up, Part II (feat. Steve Grand)

I can see it now:

ddddddd I am HOWLING.

I can see it now:

I only like 2 of those.

I think she needs to avoid collabs with old legacy artists that she has nostalgia for but have no relevance on country radio.

I also don't think she can pull off pop airplay with country songs so Taylor would be a waste of time since country radio pays her dust.

Carrie + Jason + Sugarland + (idk enough about country music.... insert some other relevant artist here)

Since we're nearing the end of the the year, here's a refresher course for some stan-worthy releases that yew definitely may have overlooked:

Annie - The A&R EP + Tube Stops & Lonely Hearts
Kelela - Cut 4 Me
Ejecta - Jeremiah (The Denier) + Afraid of the Dark
SZA - S EP
Clare Maguire - Paper Thin + Changing Faces + album coming in 2014
Baby Queens - Red Light/Star Light + Life Goes By EP
Frida Sundemo - Indigo EP + Indian Summer
FKA Twigs - EP 2
Solange & Saint Records - Saint Heron compilation
Jhene Aiko - Sail Out EP
Kate Boy - Northern Lights EP
V V Brown - Samson & Delilah
Roisin Murphy & Boris Dlugosch - Look Around You
Florrie - Live a LIttle
Tove Lo - Out of Mind + Run On Love
Chloe Howl - No Strings
Diana Vickers - Music To Make Boys Cry
Postiljonen - All That We Had Is Lost (they <3 Whitney)
St. Lucia - When the Night
Foxes - Youth
Club 8 - Above the City
Chela - Romanticise
SOHN - Bloodflows
Banks - London EP
Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer, Different Park
Shadows On Stars - Little Bit (Lykke Li cover) + album coming in 2014
Capital Children's Choir - Shake It Out (Florence cover) <3

I used to stan Club 8 so hard. It seems like such a long time ago.

Some of my faves already on this list so I'm going to go through it and catch up.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Everything being in capslock makes that stanning seem just that bit more flawless
Pig skin slave though
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Video was pretty boring my MIA looked amazing as per

Mau ®

I guess I liked the creepy stock footage at the end. And she looks amazing, as per.

Glad that mullet is gone tho. Ch...

EDIT: Not Perra becoming the Queen of Music videos. Double Ch...

I actually really really like What Now.

The melodies are strong, her vocals are full, the production's fresh, and I really love the outro with that electric guitar riff. I haven't listened to Apologetic in a while but I think that and Diamonds have been my most played. With the Mario beach stage song coming in a close third.

AC starting to add their Xmas music.

AC
68 25 KELLY CLARKSON Underneath The Tree 148 13 135 0.805
+2 Pos
+27 Spins
+24 Bullet
+0.125 Audience

AC
75 40 KELLY CLARKSON Blue Christmas 76 8 68 0.475
+2 Pos
+12 Spins
+12 Bullet
+0.088 Audience

AC
106 43 KELLY CLARKSON Please Come Home For Christmas 72 4 68 0.492
+1 Pos
+9 Spins
+7 Bullet
+0.049 Audience

She is coming.

Nemesis_

I finally listened to Hard Out Here.

The production is quite cute especially at the beginning. I like that Lily's kind of "schtick" has remained the same throughout her entire career. But I do feel like this "message" behind the song she's trying to send is a few years too late. I get what she's doing and I get what she's going for, but it just seems pointless or redundant.

The only part I truly hate is the chorus - it doesn't even sound like her. Is this auto tune or what? I like her "trademark" sound much better - even in her short lived Pink feature she sounded like "old Lily" so I hope her other stuff is better.

The video had me screaming a bit with the BAGGY PUSSY stuff lol.

This is from a new album, right? Cos I am perched.

3/5

Which reminds me - I absolutely love her Keane cover.

Fey

Banned
I finally listened to Hard Out Here.

The production is quite cute especially at the beginning. I like that Lily's kind of "schtick" has remained the same throughout her entire career. But I do feel like this "message" behind the song she's trying to send is a few years too late. I get what she's doing and I get what she's going for, but it just seems pointless or redundant.

The only part I truly hate is the chorus - it doesn't even sound like her. Is this auto tune or what? I like her "trademark" sound much better - even in her short lived Pink feature she sounded like "old Lily" so I hope her other stuff is better.

The video had me screaming a bit with the BAGGY PUSSY stuff lol.

This is from a new album, right? Cos I am perched.

3/5

Which reminds me - I absolutely love her Keane cover.

I agree with all this tbh

Not a fan of Hard Out Here at all.

It feels more like a joke/parody song like that What Does the Fox Say song (obviously to a lesser extent tho), than an actual song with one of her sociopolitical statements.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Back to the county album..... I know that she is doing it because she wants to and not for money, but I think it could be awful for her career. Thus far her solo country releasing have produced minimal results. No one is here for it, and I cannot understand why she would think otherwise.

Sure other country stars (rightly) rave about her, but I don't think the audience really cares for her.
Mhm. She only gets nominated for Female Vocalist of the Year because of who she associates with (Blake/Miranda, Reba) and because there's slim pickings when it comes to women in country at the moment. A full country album would be disastrous, considering how all her solo material has fared. :\
Guys, she isn't abandoning pop music. Hasn't she said multiple times that another pop album is in the works as well? Christmas followed by Country and Pop. She's hinted at the existence of three new CDs that'll all come out within the span of a year or two of each other. And if/when she does release a Country album, I don't think it'll do much to hurt her; it just won't necessarily help. She's been very vocal about country for years and years now. It's not like it'll be some huge shock to the mainstream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKI8juLapCY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom