• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
If she performs Dope one last time...

Interscope Promotion ‏@INTERSCOPEPROMO 3m
Don't forget to watch @ladygaga host and perform on SNL this weekend #DoWhatUWant #Gypsy

right when Applause is #10 on iTunes again

lady_gaga_with_fozzi_by_hausofdye-d6uc1gy.gif

Yessssssssssss she's testing out Gypsy!!

Definite third single confirmed. Like how can you NOT release that to radio? It would be such a crime to pay that song dust.

Trigger

I dislike Gypsy somewhat. I know it's the most radio friendly song with that chorus, but I find kinda boring on repeat listens.

3phemeral

Interscope Promotion ‏@INTERSCOPEPROMO 3m
Don't forget to watch @ladygaga host and perform on SNL this weekend #DoWhatUWant #Gypsy

right when Applause is #10 on iTunes again

lady_gaga_with_fozzi_by_hausofdye-d6uc1gy.gif

iWsPziwnVv5bb.gif

Applause won't die. What kind of blessed curse?

I can stand Gypsy. It's not my favorite but it's not a life-force sucking emotional black hole either.

I hope DWUW is actually done justice. None of that tripping-over-yourself-literal-interpretation-of-the-song-through-dance stuff. My eyes widened in disbelief when she pointed to her head as she sang "mind" and emulated typing when she said "Write what you want, say what you want" on Graham Norton.

She completely owns the stage for iTunes and for artRave. She needs to project that same energy and perfection for individual ones too.

Also, I was just watching the iTunes performance while doing work around the house and I think this era would have been awesome if she just adopted the whole 70s glam rock chick aesthetic the whole way through. The Venus getup is fine too, but I think she could have pulled it off.

Fey

Banned
Why wouldn't she perform Applause? It would actually benefit from some promo right now.
5b373a2e.gif~original

Even if Gypsy's going to be the 3rd single, there's no reason to start pushing it like 2-3 months in advance.

iWsPziwnVv5bb.gif

Applause won't die. What kind of blessed curse?

I can stand Gypsy. It's not my favorite but it's not a life-force sucking emotional black hole either.

I hope DWUW is actually done justice. None of that tripping-over-yourself-literal-interpretation-of-the-song-through-dance stuff. My eyes widened in disbelief when she pointed to her head as she sang "mind" and emulated typing when she said "Write what you want, say what you want" on Graham Norton.

She completely owns the stage for iTunes and for artRave. She needs to project that same energy and perfection for individual ones too.

Also, I was just watching the iTunes performance while doing work around the house and I think this era would have been awesome if she just adopted the whole 70s glam rock chick aesthetic the whole way through. The Venus getup is fine too, but I think she could have pulled it off.

Yeah her performances of DWUW have been embarrassingly bad. She wants the words to come across as clearly as possible but she's going about it in the worst type of way. It's like a confrontation without much motive or vulnerability. Just really messy. And her like grabbing the guitarist and yelling the chorus loudly... soooo bad.

It needs to be done on a mic stand, piano, or with some kind of group choreo. She hit that a bit at arRave but that whole concert was so messy to me, so I only really liked little parts of the whole thing.

royalan

Actually, at this point Little Monsters need to start a twitter campaign just to get people to STOP buying Applause.

It's never going to smash. Keeping it on life support is doing nothing but shortening the life of the entire ARTPOP era.

Stop trying to make Applause happen. It's not gonna happen.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why wouldn't she perform Applause? It would actually benefit from some promo right now.
5b373a2e.gif~original

Even if Gypsy's going to be the 3rd single, there's no reason to start pushing it like 2-3 months in advance.

Yeh I had the same thoughts
Perform the first and second single, the songs that the public would actually recognise, not a random album track. I get that it's a good song and very public friendly, but the public still won't know what it is

There's no reason to promote Applause because it's not going to peak again. You need to keep your eye on topping the charts, not getting something that's been charting fine for 3 months to chart slightly higher. There's no point in that.

Gypsy is a great choice because she wants to sell the album beyond just the single. DWUW will sell the single, Gypsy will sell the album. And what's a more approachable song on ARTPOP than Gypsy? She did good with this set.

Fey

Banned
O, I didn't consider the possibility that Gypsy will sell the album to people.
chick2.gif

Probably because it won't.
chick2.gif

Yado

O, I didn't consider the possibility that Gypsy will sell the album to people.
chick2.gif

Probably because it won't.
chick2.gif

Gypsy isn't my fave but I don't think any other song on the album has the same mass appeal, it should have been the first single. Applause sounds so lifeless after experiencing the euphoria of Gypsy.

Gypsy isn't my fave but I don't think any other song on the album has the same mass appeal, it should have been the first single. Applause sounds so lifeless after experiencing the euphoria of Gypsy.

#Tea

Gypsy is seriously the only song on the album I can see shifting albums.

Reckoner

Oh man, I thought Ariana Grande was just another... well that girl who sang Friday or whatever. I'm listening now and I'm really surprised. What are her best songs?

I look in the mirror
And I try to understand
And piece it together
Wash the blood from both my hands
I can't see the ending
There are people who know my every secret
I'm tired of pretending
But in my heart, in my heart

tumblr_ml252mhGRm1qedlsro1_250.gif

cory64

Can't Hold Us Down >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Can't Hold Us

iblAv8IfMG8xjC.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Last Goodbye should be a single
Oh, how we lost our minds
When we fell in love that night
I never thought that I
Would ever leave your side
Oh, how we lost our minds
When we fell in love that night
Promise me you wont cry
This is our last goodbye

The video could be soooo cute

HMMMMMMMMt. Can't say I'm really much of a fan of the Ratchet instrumental. Glad it didn't make the cut for the album tbh.

Woman at the counter reminds me of this girl in the background of a Rihallah photo:

4jxhpRs.jpg

Only the woman at the counter doesn't have the crazy stan face going on.

cory64

Sistren, I think MJH needs an INTERVENTION
I mean Gaga would still be going by Stefani without Queen

AOBTD alone is enough to cement ha eternal relevancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom