• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Nem do I need to watch American Horror Story before I start watching AHS:Coven? Or are they separate casts/stories

edit; Keeping this ot about pop music, relive Gaga's fabulous Glastonbury performance

Mau ®

Nem's constant fonting and stanning of AHS has me interested in it.

I only saw like the first 5 ep of the first season. Din't have time to catch later :/

Zutroy

I see this shade.

hermione-glare.gif

I'm not quite sure how I got to this point but this rock remix of Poker Face is slaying me right now
Anyone got other pop songs covered by rock/rock remixes?
I know there is a really got rock remix of Kill the Lights knocking about

I always liked this rock remix. If only it was a bit more polished/synced it would be perfect. Video is kinda NSFW.

botty

Banned
Nem do I need to watch American Horror Story before I start watching AHS:Coven? Or are they separate casts/stories

edit; Keeping this ot about pop music, relive Gaga's fabulous Glastonbury performance

Mau ®;83005013 said:
Nem's constant fonting and stanning of AHS has me interested in it.

I only saw like the first 5 ep of the first season. Din't have time to catch later :/

Each season is a completely different story. No need to watch the others.

Though there is also no reason NOT to watch the other iconic seasons.

ibsQizF2tCa9k3.gif

xaosslug

you don't need to have watched them. They were pretty boring, anyway. The first season started running out of steam fairly early on, and the second never seemed to capture my interest fully. There are a lot of nice visuals throughout both seasons, tho. And the atmosphere always seemed to be on point. I wouldn't recommend sitting though either, tbh. LOL

3phemeral

ibsQizF2tCa9k3.gif

Don't they share elements from previous seasons, though? I saw season 1 but not any season after and that woman in the gif looks like the crazy neighbor.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I always liked this rock remix. If only it was a bit more polished/synced it would be perfect. Video is kinda NSFW.

Ooh I've heard this before. Britney really goes rocky very well, the cover of her in Freaky Friday is iconic

ibsQizF2tCa9k3.gif

you don't need to have watched them. They were pretty boring, anyway. The first season started running out of steam fairly early on, and the second never seemed to capture my interest fully. There are a lot of nice visuals throughout both seasons, tho. And the atmosphere always seemed to be on point. I wouldn't recommend sitting though either, tbh. LOL

Oh I see, never been too interested in it before but Coven looks pretty good
I'll give the first series a whirl now and see what I think
It's got that older woman in that is in loads of gifs constantly being sassy anyway, she looks pretty funny

SaintZ

Don't they share elements from previous seasons, though? I saw season 1 but not any season after and that woman in the gif looks like the crazy neighbor.
They only share some of the actors but they are unrelated to each other.

I didn't feel season 1 but I LOVED season 2 tbh. Everybody should give it a chance.

botty

Banned
The cast is the ONLY thing similar. And even then it changes enough to introduce fresh new faces, while some others leave. But Queen Lange is always there.

ibsQizF2tCa9k3.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I highly recommend watching both seasons of American Horror Story to anyone who is interested. They are so different from each other that deciding not to watch one based on the other is, for lack of a better way to put this, a stupid decision.

Personally, I lost interest in season one after about eight or nine episodes, but I stuck it out through the end. I also thought they could have done more with Connie Britton. She's so fucking great, but in that season, she was just "good." I blame that on the writing.

Season 2 (Asylum) was phenomenal though, aside from the (light spoiler)
alien
subplot. I could have done without that.

The only connection is that the cast cycles in and out in varying capacities. Sarah Paulson, for example, has a tiny role in Season 1 but is a lead in Season 2. Denis O'Hare and Taissa Farmiga are in Season 1 but not Season 2; they will be returning, however, for Season 3.

And the upcoming Season 3 has so many new, AMAZING cast members: Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Patti LuPone, Emma Roberts (meh tbh, but some people love her), Gabourey Sidibe, Christine Ebersole, Mare Winningham... I'll stan Coven just because of who's in it, regardless of how terrible it could (but won't) be.

Matt_

First episode down and I don't know what the fuck is going on

285k Bangers
280K 1D

upgrade Beyonce's album 5 to 450k

iCx5l7IinrnkY.gif

Will do, though I removed Bey and the prediction will not count unless she releases unexpectedly.

Wafflecakes, put my Bangerz prediction as 150k. Knee 8 will be 300k, also.

Also, please spell my username correctly kthx

Fixed and added (Britney predictions are closed, but will allow yours since you had not made a prediction previously.)

Bladenic

HAIM at iTunes Festival. Omfffffffffff amazing. Indie queens.

Buy their album on September 30th. If any of y'all still sleeping on them, bless yourselves and let them in.

botty

Banned

Miley Cyrus is truly an amazing person. She lives her life like she's alone, and I find that kind of confidence to be such an endearing factor in her personality. I know a few people here hate her because she's a white girl dabbling in urban, but just take a moment and admire the fact that she's living a life of full on freedom, which might have gotten her burnt at the stake years ago; and I mean that literally.

ibrZwa42vmLFPm.gif

Matt_

Miley Cyrus is truly an amazing person. She lives her life like she's alone, and I find that kind of confidence to be such an endearing factor in her personality. I know a few people here hate her because she's a white girl dabbling in urban, but just take a moment and admire the fact that she's living a life of full on freedom, which might have gotten her burnt at the stake years ago; and I mean that literally.

ibrZwa42vmLFPm.gif

I don't think anybody hates her because she's a 'white girl dabbling in urban'. People dont like her because she was literally inescapable for a few weeks and not for good reasons

But yes applaud her confidence. I'm glad she stuck to her guns and didn't do some massive backtrack apology thing after the VMAs

SaintZ

Avril looks horrific in that pic. Disgusting ��������������
I actually love that she has embraced this mess tbh. She always had a very simple and boring way of performing so I'm glad she went with this

thumb.php

Slay queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom