• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
image.php

roy, i love you

4p0Y7.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Miley Cyrus is truly an amazing person. She lives her life like she's alone, and I find that kind of confidence to be such an endearing factor in her personality. I know a few people here hate her because she's a white girl dabbling in urban, but just take a moment and admire the fact that she's living a life of full on freedom, which might have gotten her burnt at the stake years ago; and I mean that literally.

But why should I admire the fact that she's "living a life of full on freedom"? We all have the same freedoms and some choose to use theirs with class and then there is Miley. I don't want to admire her because she is living in her own fantasy land, in fact I couldn't care less about her life. She can go hump and twerk on every piece of steel out there but don't tell me I have to admire that. Because I don't want to.

iCxRuwa3UzjP7.gif

botty

Banned
But why should I admire the fact that she's "living a life of full on freedom"? We all have the same freedoms and some choose to use theirs with class and then there is Miley. I don't want to admire her because she is living in her own fantasy land, in fact I couldn't care less about her life. She can go hump and twerk on every piece of steel out there but don't tell me I have to admire that. Because I don't want to.

iCxRuwa3UzjP7.gif

There are many people who never let themselves be this free, due to insecurities or other inhibitions. Hell, go a tab over to off-topic and you'll see a bunch of people suffering from a lack of confidence. "Class"— anyone can define this however they want. I mean, there are folks who drag Mariah because she always has her boobs up, shades people, and then dresses like a teenage girl at times. Of course she does this cause she is the lord and savior of music, but doesn't change the fact that people will always view what is trash and what is class in varying degrees. So I say, "fuck that." Show me the confidence to twerk your small ass, stick your tongue out, and have fun doing it. As long as you aren't hurting anyone, there really is no problem. Admire her confidence. Admire her lack of inhibitions. And admire her freedom to have fun. Cause from what I've seen, all miley has done it make music that people enjoy.

ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

royalan

now gerls let us not get this thread banned again by what pictures google connects this thread with...

I defend my right to this avatar. It is in no way a violation of the TOS and there are WORSE avatars crawling all over this site, thank you.

There are many people who never let themselves be this free, due to insecurities or other inhibitions. Hell, go a tab over to off-topic and you'll see a bunch of people suffering from a lack of confidence. "Class"— anyone can define this however they want. I mean, there are folks who drag Mariah because she always has her boobs up, shades people, and then dresses like a teenage girl at times. Of course she does this cause she is the lord and savior of music, but doesn't change the fact that people will always view what is trash and what is class in varying degrees. So I say, "fuck that." Show me the confidence to twerk your small ass, stick your tongue out, and have fun doing it. As long as you aren't hurting anyone, there really is no problem. Admire her confidence. Admire her lack of inhibitions. And admire her freedom to have fun. Cause from what I've seen, all miley has done it make music that people enjoy.

ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

Perfectly stated, sis. *.*

Touchdown

Banned

ibvSxAJwcM0Tdi.gif

My problem Botty is the lack of talent. She has none. To me she is making a fool out of herself because she knows she has no talent and is relying on antics to sell her crap.

botty

Banned
My problem Botty is the lack of talent. She has none. To me she is making a fool out of herself because she knows she has no talent and is relying on antics to sell her crap.

Well, I didn't say admire her voice. And I wouldn't say she is completely void of talent. She acts...I think.

i6NXzjBjLvUQV.gif

royalan

That's my point though. I'd rather "admire" other people that have some. That's all I'm saying. :)

iPpRDk7iMNmIt.gif

...then why do you stan anything Mariah's done since 2007?

I mean, don't get me wrong, she's a legend. But if you're so concerned about the quality of someone's talent then your dedication to Mariah should stop after Emancipation, because frankly she's sounded no better than I imagine a rat high on helium would since then.

Touchdown

Banned
...then why do you stan anything Mariah's done since 2007?

I mean, don't get me wrong, she's a legend. But if you're so concerned about the quality of someone's talent then your dedication to Mariah should stop after Emancipation, because frankly she's sounded no better than I imagine a rat high on helium would since then.

Well then I have tons of stuff I can link you that would change your mind about that XD . She's had a bunch of quality songs and performances since then. You probably just haven't payed attention. :/

Well, there are many reasons to admire people. But I see where you're coming from.

iWPdaf7EVJONu.gif

Some things like having fun and sticking your tongue out just doesn't cut it in my book. :/ but bleh I don't actually care as much as I wen't on about it tonight. Been a long day.

royalan

Well then I have tons of stuff I can link you that would change your mind about that XD . She's had a bunch of quality songs and performances since then. You probably just haven't payed attention. :/

I'll take your word for it, sis. Since your stanning of Legendriah is exemplary.

I just don't understand this emphasis on "talent" when it comes to pop performers. Of all genres, Pop is the most filled with successful acts that wouldn't rank very high against the strict rubric of vocal ability. It's not some unsual phenomenon; it's the norm.

Miley may not be the best vocalist, or even that good. But she entertains, and she makes infectious bops regardless of her lack of vocal ability.

Touchdown

Banned
I'll take your word for it, sis. Since your stanning of Legendriah is exemplary.

I just don't understand this emphasis on "talent" when it comes to pop performers. Of all genres, Pop is the most filled with successful acts that wouldn't rank very high against the strict rubric of vocal ability. It's not some unsual phenomenon; it's the norm.

Miley may not be the best vocalist, or even that good. But she entertains, and she makes infectious bops regardless of her lack of vocal ability.

I'm just speaking for myself and nobody else. I rank talent up there pretty high even for pop artists. It's why there are only a very few I actually enjoy.

royalan

You know, in 2013 I never imagined I would be WOW'd by an internet radio service. Internet radio is all over the place by this point.

That said, I'm really impressed by iTunes Radio.

There's the undeniable convenience factor. The sleek layout. The great sound quality. The vast library of songs. iTunes Radio is just really well done.

The only thing I think it's missing is the ability to create stations based on multiple artists/songs. I'll ditch Spotify Radio for good when they implement that.

Poor Pandora tho. Getting punched out the game left and right.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
NEW GAGA SONG

DO WHAT YOU WANT (WITH MY BODY)

you can't stop my voice cuz' you dont own my life
but do what you want (with my body) do what you want (with my body)

you can't have my heart and you wont use my mind
but do what you want (with my body) do what you want with my body

1. Swine
2. Sex Dreams
3. Manicure
4. I Wanna Be With You
5. Aura
6. Applause
7. Jewels & Drugs
8. Mary Jane Holland
9. Gypsy
10. Donatella
11. ARTPOP
12. Brooklyn Nights
13. Temple
14. DO WHAT YOU WANT (WITH MY BODY)

songs that need to be reconfirmed
G.U.Y.
TEA

^only one or neither of those will make the cut

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
you can't stop my voice cuz' you dont own my life
but do what you want (with my body) do what you want (with my body)

you can't have my heart and you wont use my mind
but do what you want (with my body) do what you want with my body
Bless Friday the 13th for the gif

kill10b.gif

Artemisia

Banned
The only thing I think it's missing is the ability to create stations based on multiple artists/songs. I'll ditch Spotify Radio for good when they implement that.

But you can, as well as add artists and songs to exclude. At least you can on the desktop application for iTunes, I don't know about the app on the phone.

royalan

Apple making radio relevant again.

ib2Ch1OOvA5FRx.gif

It really has. These customization features change everything.

For example. Until not I've been using Spotify for my net radio needs.

And a station I play very frequently is a female NeoSoul station. Problem is I hate India Arie. Like, hate with a PASSION. I thumbs down every single India Arie song that plays, but she's such a popular female NeoSoul artist that no matter what, her songs will play on my station, no matter how many times I thumbs down. It's fucking annoying.

So iTunes "Exclude artist" feature ALONE makes this better than Spotify. I'm officially won over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom