• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wait though

ladies and gentlement of popgaf

i put it to you

that if gaga only recorded her collab with rihanna today, that would be enormously last minute for her album

it would suggest

that gaga is worried about the commercial prospects of her album and wants to get a true commercial heavyweight on-board

i rest my case

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lana Del Rey is a goddess.

That is all.

honey-true.gif

ediT: oops double post :3

Yado

wait though

i put it to you

that if gaga only recorded her collab with rihanna today, that would be enormously last minute for her album

it would suggest

that gaga is worried about the commercial prospects of her album and wants to get a true commercial heavyweight on-board

i rest my case

I guess that would be wise of her. I definitely didn't hear anything that would appeal to the masses in that itunes set.

Bladenic

wait though

i put it to you

it would suggest

i rest my case

Explains why she got rid of Azealia.

And Beyonce.

Koodo

Banned
I can only hope some of your faves will be relevant enough to own an iPhone 5S one day.

Crying at the perfection in my hands.

Styles

She has to be allowed to do promotional performances. If she signed that away, that would be fucking stupid.

Well I wouldn't put it past Britney, you never know when her "real" self will shut down. For all we know, she could have shut off right before the contract agreement..

ibyMLRxwQgM4xx.gif

royalan

Oh @ the latest radio update:

Applause - +2.271
Roar - +0.281

Real talk, Gaga needs to stop wasting time with Applause. It's not going to be a hit. And, honestly, history has shown that the more an established act tries it with a flop single, the more energy gets sapped from the rest of the era. Just look at Ciara/JLo/Ke$ha. It's a waste of promotional efforts for a song that's just not going to amount to much. Best to move on to another single while the newness of ARTPOP is still fresh in people's minds.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Gaga coming for that #1 hit with "Sex Dreams (feat. Rihanna)". She upgraded from Beyoncé and Askealzia to a true hit maker. Bless her knowledge of Rihanna slaying the seed digitally.

moulels

Those trucks have been driving around Tokyo for years with artists plastered on them and the music blasting.

Idols have been doing the bus promos for years now tho

EDIT: Beated

O

Perra, her shady, thieving ways. The J-IMPACT is undeniable :'(

ieitrfmDmsOF7.gif

Stefan™;82946469 said:
Well I wouldn't put it past Britney, you never know when her "real" self will shut down. For all we know, she could have shut off right before the contract agreement..

ibyMLRxwQgM4xx.gif

Have you seen Botney's updated OS tho? * o *

So far this era interviews shit all over the FF ones, she's back to LIFE.

Partition

Banned
Real talk, Gaga needs to stop wasting time with Applause. It's not going to be a hit. And, honestly, history has shown that the more an established act tries it with a flop single, the more energy gets sapped from the rest of the era. Just look at Ciara/JLo/Ke$ha. It's a waste of promotional efforts for a song that's just not going to amount to much. Best to move on to another single while the newness of ARTPOP is still fresh in people's minds.

What are you even talking about

She's not even "trying it" with Applause outside of a one US performance and the VMAs. Which is much less than the promo BTW had.

It's picking up pretty much on it's own. She has been completely out of the spotlight since GMA really. If Applause was rapidly falling like a certain Knee and she still tried promoting it, you would have a valid point. People want Applause to be the flop it really isn't.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Thats the dumbest thing she can do. Applause is already gaining steam on radio, introducing a new single right now would over-saturate her and would made stations pick either/or

Applause is on track to sell between 1.5 - 2 million in the US before ARTPOP comes out so its doing well for her and by no means a flop. Plus she already confirmed the new single will come right before ARTPOP is out

royalan

What are you even talking about

She's not even "trying it" with Applause outside of a one US performance and the VMAs. Which is much less than the promo BTW had.

It's picking up pretty much on it's own. She has been completely out of the spotlight since GMA really. If Applause was rapidly falling like a certain Knee and she still tried promoting it, you would have a valid point. People want Applause to be the flop it really isn't.

We'll see sis. But I personally think she should have prepped a 2nd single by now.

Kyon

Banned
Only knee could reach #2 with no promo, no vevo banner, no main iTunes banner, no MV,no lyric video, no Award show promo, not many mentions at all of her song, the song not even being officially sent for adds on radio till the 24th. Still in the top 10 hopefully till end of the week and 0 fucks to give.

Legend

Oh @ the latest radio update:

Applause - +2.271
Roar - +0.281

Ummm no. That is the pop update.

Total radio updates were:
2. KATY PERRY – Roar: 193.048 (+2.267)
15. LADY GAGA – Applause: 79.457 (+3.024)

Katy is already #1 on pop so of course her update there would be small. She has already about maxed out that format.

Kyon

Banned
Ummm no. That is the pop update.

Total radio updates were:
2. KATY PERRY – Roar: 193.048 (+2.267)
15. LADY GAGA – Applause: 79.457 (+3.024)

Katy is already #1 on pop so of course her update there would be small. She has already about maxed out that format.

Oop

God that Beyonce Rio show was so fucking boring.

Say what you want about Gaga but she would NEVER cash in a performance like that. She gives her all into every show, and that's why she has all these other bitches beat.

Beyonce, release new music already. Your portfolio is great but it's not worth resting on. Time to step shit up.

/rant

botty

Banned

Say what you want about Gaga but she would NEVER cash in a performance like that. She gives her all into every show, and that's why she has all these other bitches beat.

Beyonce, release new music already. Your portfolio is great but it's not worth resting on. Time to step shit up.

/rant

Welp. I see Beyoka fatigue is setting in. Just imagine if you had stanned her when she first started ha career, like Roy and I did. You might have understood what we were talking about a bit earlier.

iof521YBfrN3M.gif

B-Dex

My new iPhone has been slaying me all day. I was almost late for work. Let me purchase some new music.

I agree with the Bey fatigue. I stanned single ladies hard when it came out but I can't even listen to it anymore.

DMeisterJ

Banned

/rant

Now that you're don't with Beyst, you don't have to come for Rihanna to keep the stan war going. Your fave and my fave are collaborating, accept that Rihanna is here to slay and stan. Listen to unapologetic on spotify. Specifically, stream "what now"

Touchdown

Banned
Rapper-producer Hit-Boy took to Twitter to comment on the song he worked on with Mariah, Jermaine Dupri, and Mike WILL Made it earlier this week:

@Hit_Boy: I'ma come clean. I fell asleep w this Mariah shit on repeat. Unreal melody. WoW. HBMCJF

She's coming for all the wigs. Slay me MC!!!!!!

ifgmafzEMKYsn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom