• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

GTA V and iTunes radio are doing what ClearChannel could never
there was a Nicki tribute mix on Power 99 coming home tonight and it was EVERYTHING

Artemisia

Banned
oop at Queenia Arie making Roy fume
kyc3LgH.jpg

Nemesis_

Lorde has turned down a spot opening for the PRISM tour.

Rising Kiwi songstress Lorde has admitted she turned down a money-spinning slot opening for Katy Perry on an upcoming world tour.

Lorde, the 16-year-old North Shore singer hitting it big in the US with her smash single Royals, confirmed to TV3 show 3rd Degree tonight that she turned down Perry's offer because it didn't feel right.

"I have a pretty good gut instinct for stuff and if it feels right I'll do it," Lorde told journalist Samantha Hayes. "I think she's really talented."

In her first New Zealand television interview, it was also revealed that Lorde - who was signed at the age of 12 - was initially expected to take things much slower, including releasing a covers album as her debut.

Instead, she released The Love Club EP - featuring hit single Royals - for free online late last year, and her debut album Pure Heroine is released on September 30.

Apart from the B-side for the single Tennis Court, a cover of The Replacements song Swingin' Party, she has released all original material. Royals has gone on to chart as high as No. 3 on the US singles charts.

"I wanted to do my own thing," Lorde said about initial plans for her career. "(I said) give me some time. I wrote and wrote and wrote."

Lorde also admitted she was "disgustingly nervous" before her iHeartRadio show in front of 5000 people in Auckland two weeks ago, and said her rider before gigs only contained water and energy drinks because, "I can't have alcohol, obviously".

She told 3rd Degree that she was getting used to the life of a high-flying pop star, and was even starting to enjoy it.

Performing was far better than attending school, she said.

"This feels like normality. I love it. I get to do these crazy things a lot of people wouldn't normally get to do."

i76WRvA6dKsF0.gif

royalan

Every time this girl opens her mouth I get annoyed.

She sounds like your typical young person who's trying to sound older than they are, but instead comes off as really fucking full of themselves.

I mean, who uses "cloying" in a sentence these days? Not even people who know what that word means and can use it in a sentence use it. Might as well name your child Gertrude while you're at it.

Artemisia

Banned
Taylor is a better artist than both Lana and Lorde. Let's leave it at that.
kiss.gif

Every time this girl opens her mouth I get annoyed.

She sounds like your typical young person who's trying to sound older than they are, but instead comes off as really fucking full of themselves.

I mean, who uses "cloying" in a sentence these days? Not even people who know what that word means and can use it in a sentence use it. Might as well name your child Gertrude while you're at it.

I think that's just a subconscious response to people who don't take her seriously because of her age. Maybe she feels that she has something to prove.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Every artists has an opinion on other artists. Lorde doesn't like Lana's writing. Lana doesn't like Gaga. Gaga doesn't like Azealia. Azealia hates everyone. As long as their music slays, I'm fine with their messed up opinions of each other
kiss.gif

And I see nothing wrong with the confidence The Lorde has in herself and in her taste. She needs that upfront, lest she turn into another Sky Ferreira who is manipulated at first, and then, when her confidence finally emerges, is a delayed mess ;_________;

Taylor is a better artist than both Lana and Lorde. Let's leave it at that.
kiss.gif

Let's not because that is a lie
kiss.gif

Styles

The irony of Breaknee releasing a single called "Work B**ch!" and doing nothing significant to promote the song so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom