• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Beyonce looks beautiful in her actual skin tone. I miss those days

If only she went for a darker hair color.

What does 'unique to this group' even mean? How could it be that only popgaf has listened to those artists?

Once a group has a few members, it’ll start to have charts generated: Overall charts, and charts which are unique to it.

The way that overall charts work is that every “1” will represent a group member. For example, say there are 3 people in a group who listened to a certain artist in the last week, it’ll say “3” in the charts and this will mean that 3 members listened to that artist, and not the number of times that the artist was played by all group members.

The “unique to this group” charts which you can choose to view on a group’s page emphasise what is unique about the music taste of that group's members, compared to the listening habits of all other Last.fm users.

This means that these charts don’t just show you what a group’s members listen to like the overall group charts do, but what is special about their listening habits in comparison to what other users on Last.fm listen to (considering the average listener’s behavior):
For example if the members of a group listen to artist A much more often than others do, artist A will be more unique to their group as this will be special to their listening habits, compared to everyone else’s; if they listen to Artist B, but everyone else also listens to artist B a lot, then this will be less special and artist B will be less unique to their group

Trigger

What does 'unique to this group' even mean? How could it be that only popgaf has listened to those artists?

The “unique to this group” charts which you can choose to view on a group’s page emphasise what is unique about the music taste of that group's members, compared to the listening habits of all other Last.fm users.

This means that these charts don’t just show you what a group’s members listen to like the overall group charts do, but what is special about their listening habits in comparison to what other users on Last.fm listen to (considering the average listener’s behaviour): For example if the members of a group listen to artist A much more often than others do, artist A will be more unique to their group as this will be special to their listening habits, compared to everyone else’s; if they listen to Artist B, but everyone else also listens to artist B a lot, then this will be less special and artist B will be less unique to their group.

x

So I guess we just listen to a lot more Azealia than other groups?

Partition

Banned
Gaga rightfully at the top. No wonder she is constantly talked about in here. The queen, her impact, her ARTPOP.

ibkNGyUnUTwfxm.gif

Phreaker

Cher is going to be on Letterman tomorrow night, in addition to releasing her first album in over 10 years! I hope she can get the Sharpie racing stripes offer her legs before then! (Her Tweets are too good)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Listened to the sampler earlier. I'm eagerly waiting for "Not Giving Up". Sounds explosive.

The moment the chorus kicks in on Glory and Gore:
I8FFeAV.gif

Holy shit not giving up slays

Bladenic

That's uh slightly better than the atrocious regular cover. How is it artists still release such awful album covers in 2013? Ugh

I just stumbled upon one of Miley's deluxe covers for Bangerz. It's not very flattering, she looks like a eastern european boy...with boobs. I'll link since I'm not sure what's now acceptable in this thread.

This is like ugly. It's just ugly, looks cheap and doesn't look like a "Banger" at all. Whichever the case, if I do end up buying the album.. I'll just throw her "best looks" to each one of the songs so I don't have to see the cover.

That's uh slightly better than the atrocious regular cover. How is it artists still release such awful album covers in 2013? Ugh

Similarly to the Born This Way cover, or the covers from M.I.A. albums, I just assume the ugliness is intentional.

Born This Way is supposed to portray that Lady Gaga is weird.
That Miley cover is supposed to portray that Miley doesn't give a shit.

That's my guess at least.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Who is saying that the lyrics are bad because they are unconventional?

I think it is a dumb lyric because it is essentially a non sequitur response from an assertion that I'm not even sure was actually made by anyone. Who says that nostalgia is for geeks? What does reading have to do with nostalgia and how is this a rebuttal? If someone said, "I think nostalgia is for geeks," do you think, "Some of us just like to read!" would be an intelligent response?

And yes, ARTPOP, the lyric really is that bad.

Countersigned. Also it's just kludgy. It doesn't scan well and 'geeks/read' is a half-rhyme at best.

Who is saying that the lyrics are bad because they are unconventional?

I think it is a dumb lyric because it is essentially a non sequitur response from an assertion that I'm not even sure was actually made by anyone. Who says that nostalgia is for geeks? What does reading have to do with nostalgia and how is this a rebuttal? If someone said, "I think nostalgia is for geeks," do you think, "Some of us just like to read!" would be an intelligent response?

And yes, ARTPOP, the lyric really is that bad.

irGXcoS88nLEA.gif

I just stumbled upon one of Miley's deluxe covers for Bangerz. It's not very flattering, she looks like a eastern european boy...with boobs. I'll link since I'm not sure what's now acceptable in this thread.
She is serving Staxus twink realness.

Zutroy

Just finished listening to Justin's album and I can't recall a single song. He needs to move on from Timbo. Oh well, at least I got Blue Ocean Floor out of this era.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why not both? West End Girls is iconic. The game could definitely stand to lose a couple of dadrock songs.

Iconic yes, but I'm not here for it at all. Quickly ore out its welcome

image.php

What on earth

Why not both? West End Girls is iconic. The game could definitely stand to lose a couple of dadrock songs.
West End Girls is everything.
Just finished listening to Justin's album and I can't recall a single song. He needs to move on from Timbo. Oh well, at least I got Blue Ocean Floor out of this era.
Blue Ocean Flop is awful. I enjoyed the first half of 20/20 2, but I had to stop to listen to West End Girls. lol.

Zutroy

But Timb is the best part of the 20/20 era.

There's a couple of good beats thrown in the albums, but with them both coming out so close to each other and sounding so similar they just become a bit boring. Plus I'm sick of hearing Timbo say 'yeah' over and over again in the background!

Blue Ocean Flop is awful.

It's so peaceful! If I had a theme song to my last moment in life, it would be in the running for the top spot, lol!

cory64

There's a couple of good beats thrown in the albums, but with them both coming out so close to each other and sounding so similar they just become a bit boring. Plus I'm sick of hearing Timbo say 'yeah' over and over again in the background!

But don't you understand? It's about real music, about feeling the groove. He's letting the music do its thing!

Hey guys!

This may be the wrong thread to ask, but goddamnit I'm looking for this one song. It aired two hours ago on the radio, I tried to check the website, but they haven't updated the playlist for the last hour yet and will never.

The song is sung by a Female singer. The song is kind of slow, and calm. The lyrics were like "Everything is fine/It's alright when I'm around/with you" somehow. See? I did not even pay attention to the lyrics. I suppose the song is popular at the moment because it aired in a German radio.

Well, I know my statements are pretty vague... I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom