• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
I wonder if the guy will sleep
KuGsj.gif

And a stan enters

botty leave him alone

Icicle

Crystal Kay said:
After a long shoot for a video, I was super close to the Apollo theater so I went and hung out with my engineer friend Tremaine and watched the Amateur night!!!! Was such a cool experience since the show has been around for so long!!! I had to touch the good luck wood hahaha
1375781_662425397103398_1754002352_n.jpg

Long shoot for a video in NY? Hmm.

Coming for your faves' wigs soon.
Lucky stump, don't fail me!

Eww. JT is not the savior of pop music. That is a bit much, but he was a vital piece of it. JT is a name and face of pop. It can't be only dominated by women. On top of that, the 20/20 experience was amazing for me. I loved almost all the songs and was one that helped him earn his platinum...

I really don't understand the JT shade. I think his music is good and it's has specific taste. If you don't like it, it wasn't catered to you. I hardly believe it was a whack album.

I wouldn't be surprised if people here are hating cause he debuted with such huge numbers and clocked all their favs this year. I highly doubt we'll be seeing such huge debuts from the other artists this year, without a heavily discounted promo of course ;)

20/20 Experience shits, one of the best albums I purchased all year (only because Mariah decided to delay hers ;_; )

cory64

Not too much on Pupi, it's easy to forget that some great recording artists are in Nelly Furtado's sales bracket.
Annie's "Anniemal," released in 2004, was hardly revolutionary, and its impact could not really be described as seismic. The album has sold only 22,000 copies in the U.S. -- or, roughly 20 percent of what Selena Gomez's "Stars Dance" sold in its first week -- over the past nine years, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

According to Nielsen SoundScan, [Annie's] Don't Stop had sold 6,000 copies in the United States

Her best-selling single has sold less than 40,000 downloads after being released nearly a decade ago.

My total hewflop of a queen.

RubyFaith

lol @ Cher having another album

Cher appeared on CBS' Sunday Morning show today to talk about Closer to Truth, her first new studio album in more than a decade.

While she was there, she had some cutting words to say regarding Miley Cyrus

RUH-OH

"If she'd come out naked, and it was beautifully done, I would have said, 'You go, girl,'" Cher explained. "I don't care about that. I just don't like to see things done badly."
I feel the same way.

"I just thought all of it was terrible. Outfit, terrible. Dancing, terrible. Singing, average. Performance, terrible. If she'd just come out there and kicked ass, even though I don't think that I would have loved it, I would have respected it, and I would have appreciated it. That whole area that she was in was not something that I would gravitate to myself, but I would have thought, 'Boy, you did that. I give you props.'"

"She can't dance, her body looked like hell, the song wasn't great, one cheek was hanging out. And, chick, don't stick out your tongue if it's coated."

BUT she apparently regretted her candor, and took to Twitter the next day to say that she was ashamed of herself for not supporting a fellow artist. "This is not an apology 4 what I thought," she added. "It's a reminder, that if I don't practice my principles, I lose them."

blair-waldorf-gossip-girl-leighton-meester-Favim.com-235868_large.gif

RubyFaith

I really do look forward to 23.

Maybe soon I can join the stanning. Maybe.

EDIT

oh, it's already out.

Will watch later when I have access to youtube

RubyFaith

Nooooo not Cher SCALPING Miley.

I wonder what the 'if you criticise any of Miley's recent career choices you're a misogynist hater' will say about this SCALDING tea?

As I said in another forum I posted the /truth/ in, I stated that angry Miley fans should stop labeling the people that disagree with her tackiness as "slut shamers". I like the girl but she's embarassing atm.

Peru

Wow @ Pitchfork's Ariana Grande review. Everytime I'm lured into reading one of their reviews I'm reminded of why I never do and how fucking horrible they are.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Gaganesha's supposedly flop shortlived single Applause will be a top 10 radio hit across all formats tomorrow.

I was just about to ask, does everyone use kwob for radio too? or is it another site? Because I'm looking at this right now and don't know how accurate it is

Bladenic

The list of new albums today:

Drake
Lorde
Passion Pit (EP)
Krewella
Icona Pop
Kings of Leon
Chvrches or whatever

The free iTunes single of the week is also Chvrches, so download it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Jessie J wrote her new album over the space of 5 weeks.
Explains a lot.

i4kPVBU3jdmi1.gif

She's also going on tour with Robin Thicke next year and shooting a video with him

cory64

I laugh every time I hear "global superstars Robin Thicke and Jessie J" on the radio for their ticket giveaway. Such an odd combo.

royalan

I can't be too mad at Work Bitch flopping. She's doing nothing to promote it. Unlike a certain other female in the game playing every DESPERATE card in the book to cling to the top 5.

Besides, WB is still my favorite release by a main pop girl so far in this latter half.

Kyon

Banned
I can't be too mad at Work Bitch flopping. She's doing nothing to promote it. Unlike a certain other female in the game playing every DESPERATE card in the book to cling to the top 5.

Besides, WB is still my favorite release by a main pop girl so far in this latter half.

There has literally been 0 promo for it. Not even a damn lyric video.

Phreaker

Closer To The Truth will be on repeat all day here! YASSSS at Cher having the #3 album on iTunes right now! Get is Cher!

Red from my heart
Red like my blood
Red from my lips when you were told me you were done
Red now, all I see is Red nooooooooooooooowwwwwwww

Matt_

Lawd you're as bad as Kyon with the delusions.
Gaga did nothing but a few impromptu radio interviews and a rushed lyric video in her first week. Britney did a few radio interviews and had a hyped up GMA appearance, and she's still at #18 and falling.

But you know, stay pressed and carry on attacking Gaga for absolutely everything she does
jb1P5TYuzwPmVo.png

22 minutes of continuous Kylie slayage has elevated me to a higher plane this afternoon

iPRCr39h2t9D5.gif

Kyon

Banned
Sis, what is up with our faves and promoting their music these days!? ;______;

Because Xtina and Britney are over the grueling promotion schedules. They were one of the hardest working pop stars of all time back then always out there promoting stuff.
They ain't here for that anymore ;_; I've learned to accept it. It makes me angry but they have other priorities. I think album release is the only time she ever does promo now. Been that way past few eras

royalan

Lawd you're as bad as Kyon with the delusions.
Gaga did nothing but a few impromptu radio interviews and a rushed lyric video in her first week. Britney did a few radio interviews and had a hyped up GMA appearance, and she's still at #18 and falling.

But you know, stay pressed and carry on attacking Gaga for absolutely everything she does
jb1P5TYuzwPmVo.png

22 minutes of continuous Kylie slayage has elevated me to a higher plane this afternoon

iPRCr39h2t9D5.gif

#BoomBitchBye

Not only was Gaga's first week promo for Applause more attention than Britney gave WB (Kyon JUST pointed out that there hasn't even been a lyric video for the song, so why are you trying it?), you're forgetting the non-stop YEAR of tweets/instagraming/concert hints Gaga did leading up to the ARTPOP era. Not to mention her feats of desperation after that first week.

Trigger

I don't get this. You seem to be acknowledging that Britney's song needs more promo, but then tugging at Gaga's wig by calling her promo "desperate". She's just doing what a pop star needs to do.

Kyon

Banned
I don't get this. You seem to be acknowledging that Britney's song needs more promo, but then tugging at Gaga's wig by calling her promo "desperate". She's just doing what a pop star needs to do.

Think he was talking about the cheating she was doing linking her Stans to links for her MV I think

royalan

My point is that Gaga stans, and anyone resembling a Gaga stan, needs to keep it all the way cute about Britney not hitting #1 with WB, because at least she has an excuse: she ain't doing any promo.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Gaga is playing every card in the book (including going on "Watch What Flops Do Live") and ain't hit #1 on Billboard OR iTunes herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom