• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
#BoomBitchBye

Not only was Gaga's first week promo for Applause more attention than Britney gave WB (Kyon JUST pointed out that there hasn't even been a lyric video for the song, so why are you trying it?), you're forgetting the non-stop YEAR of tweets/instagraming/concert hints Gaga did leading up to the ARTPOP era. Not to mention her feats of desperation after that first week.

Oh are we just going to conveniently forget the big countdown timer and all the talk about being in the dancing studio getting back to her old self and all the talk about getting vocal coaching again? Britney didn't just drop WB out of nowhere with no hype. her team got the word out, it go some radio paola and they got her on shows.

But you can come for gaga and her 'desperate' acts as much as you please, because outside of a few tweets there hasnt been any. She's performed Applause three times, been on GMA to show off the video and did that show on Bravo and that is it for the promo, the rest of the time shes been talking about her album.

Kyon

Banned
My point is that Gaga stans, and anyone resembling a Gaga stan, needs to keep it all the way cute about Britney not hitting #1 with WB, because at least she has an excuse: she ain't doing any promo.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Gaga is playing every card in the book (including going on "Watch What Flops Do Live") and ain't hit #1 on Billboard OR iTunes herself.

Applause peaked @ #3 with promo

WB Peaked @ #2 0 promo

Oh are we just going to conveniently forget the big countdown timer and all the talk about being in the dancing studio getting back to her old self and all the talk about getting vocal coaching again? Britney didn't just drop WB out of nowhere with no hype. her team got the word out, it go some radio paola and they got her on shows.

But you can come for gaga and her 'desperate' acts as much as you please, because outside of a few tweets there hasnt been any. She's performed Applause three times, been on GMA to show off the video and did that show on Bravo and that is it for the promo, the rest of the time shes been talking about her album.

Gaga had:

iTunes Festival
VMA Opening Performance
WWHL
GMA MV/Single Promo
Times Square Promo
Lyric Video
Another GMA Appearance but with performance
Main ITunes Banner

The countdown was for Vegas. Everything so far has only been about Vegas.

The GMA performance was said to happen by insiders but her team never confirmed any of it or even acknowledged it. It was always gonna be about Vegas. The single is a secondary thing. Not a buzz single per say but they don't seem to care about it enough to treat it like anything other than a song to get her name out there again. Her team is a mess.

Peru

What did you think was wrong with review? I thought it was pretty fair.

"Mostly written by two of R&B's most mawkish hawkers, Babyface and Harmony Samuels, it’s built on cliché and tradition, and written professionally to a fault."

Just think about that sentence for a while.

He also singles out her voice as the good part of the album and everything that signifies pop music as the bad - it's pop scepticism so classic you'd think it was parody, or written by someone on neogaf OT.

Just continues the Pitchfork writers' tradition of showcasing why they don't have any sort of grasp of genres like pop, rnb, dance music.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Applause peaked @ #3 with promo

WB Peaked @ #2 0 promo

Gaga had:

iTunes Festival
VMA Opening Performance
WWHL
GMA MV/Single Promo
Times Square Promo
Lyric Video
Another GMA Appearance but with performance
Main ITunes Banner

The countdown was for Vegas. Everything so far has only been about Vegas.

The GMA performance was said to happen by insiders but her team never confirmed any of it or even acknowledged it. It was always gonna be about Vegas. The single is a secondary thing. Not a buzz single per say but they don't seem to care about it enough to treat it like anything other than a song to get her name out there again. Her team is a mess.

As I said in the Britney thread, only the lyric video and the itunes banner was first week, so I don't see your point? Unless you're trying to cling to the fact that WB managed to get to #2 on itunes, which in the grand scheme of things is completely irrelevant

Kyon

Banned
As I said in the Britney thread, only the lyric video and the itunes banner was first week, so I don't see your point? Unless you're trying to cling to the fact that WB managed to get to #2 on itunes, which in the grand scheme of things is completely irrelevant

The point is there is 0 promo.

Also honey we're on the second week now

Styles

It's funny seeing Kyon use the same excuse as the Fighters when Lotus was flopping into oblivion.

itAJXWajGLJyw.gif

Kyon

Banned
Stefan™;83468009 said:
It's funny seeing Kyon use the same excuse as the Fighters when Lotus was flopping into oblivion.

itAJXWajGLJyw.gif

Wtf are you talking about?

Lotus is an album this is a single.

Bladenic

Stop wasting time arguing with that wall sis.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Just continues the Pitchfork writers' tradition of showcasing why they don't have any sort of grasp of genres like pop, rnb, dance music.
I don't know, they gave Body Talk like 8.7, they gave 4 an 8.0 and Unapologetic got 4.5.

Besides low balling Body Talk, they seem spot on.

cory64

Their review & score seems spot on tbh.

edit: Let me give Ellie my coins for Goodness Gracious (I already bought Halcyon last year)

cory64

I don't care about the scores, they write about this stuff like the clueless idiots they are. Did you actually read them?
OTOH this is coming from a site that posts news about every single thing JT does with little attention to mainstream female pop.

Peru

I mean of course they've had some good people in their office and some good reviews but lately EVERY review in genres mentioned above have regressed like 13 years back to when 'rockism' was a thing critics debated.

Stefan™;83470749 said:
Pitchfork have basically ignored Taylor's entire discography.
8f70c6ea.gif

Well they've put some of her tracks on 'best singles' lists and I used to think they should write more about this stuff and now I kinda hope they don't.

cory64

Stefan™;83470749 said:
Pitchfork have basically ignored Taylor's entire discography.
8f70c6ea.gif
They mentioned her as being "more similar to Drake and Kanye than people are comfortable to admit" or something to that effect. They better stan The Lord.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Why do people seem to want to make doing promo a negative? If your fave is on talk shows talking about her music, performing, doing interviews, it's good.

The pressure you must be under to come at someone for DOING THEIR JOB is a mess. The desperation to come at Gaga for absolutely anything is so sad. Giving me Beyst stan teas coming for others for releasing music.

Styles

Please don't link me to that trash ever again.

Also thanks for the correction. I still didn't lie. The 90% lead WB had was higher than the percentage Applause had

And yet Flop B**ch will most likely see lower debut numbers than the the opening for Applause. Grasping at straws now, sis.

iy4cArltUhkr8.gif

If it's any consolation both were cock-blocked by lessor girls.
8f70c6ea.gif

Matt_

@ladygaga

APPLAUSE is #1 on the Billboard Dance/Club play charts this week! It marks my 13th #1 in this category! A BIG THANK YOU from me to the DJ'S

Oh and Drake currently has 9 songs in the top (two are the going home song, I'm guessing clean and censored?). Slay a bit

Matt_

Who/what is Morcheeba and why have I never heard of them? Gimme Your Love just popped up on youtube recommend thing and the video is beautiful and the song is great

TI looked really cute in that Cher Lloyd video, song is pretty good too. She got so much shit when she first came out, glad she's doing well now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom