• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

iYEiAwNm96MII.gif

This dental work.
ibhBf1SN5P83U7.png

royalan

I'm listening to the Goldfrapp album in bed right now and it's such a beautiful record. I didn't like Seventh Tree too much, but this album is just resonating with me so well.

I really recommend it. Each song is named after a person and tells a story. It's a cool concept album.

I knew you'd come around.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yeah, this is a good direction for Alizard. And I think I was the only one who stanned her version of Harlem Shake, which was jusT :prayer:

ibxptjjvm7g1craqrhn.gif

Azealia's Harlem Shake is the definitive version
Forever getting my life when I hear it

I know she is batshit on twitter but in those two interviews she does show she has her head screwed on and knows what she wants to do and how to get there. I really hope BWET slays lives

edit; the shade at Disclosure though

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ellie is the shit. Halcyon Days is the album of the year atm

Esch

Banned
Ew

Don't tell me it's because of Pound Cake. That song kinda slays tho
iDWUEXtm2NGF1.gif

nah im just listening to Halcyon days and i just feel like she has such an amazing voice
jIhQejVJAEU9o.png

that production too
jIhQejVJAEU9o.png

plus she is really cute and i want to make her my wife
j8rGwjDYe8SFd.png

Drake suX

Esch

Banned
I actually prefer The Weeknd's album more. But Drake's is great as well.

And Taylor Swift wishes
jmj50nasRpKdJ.png
The production is mostly the boring, dickless type shit that would be on a J. Cole album and the lyrically its about nothing but Taylor Swift babby crying about your exes and how underappreciated Drake is. He's reached the stage of salty, insecure post-ether Jay while somehow winning at the game in every single way. I'm convinced you gotta be strongly lacking in a father figure, or a chick to enjoy this shit at this point.

trash.png

royalan

I confess that I have yet to listen to Drake's album in full, but a really hot guy that I was talking to at this party last night practically begged me to listen to it.

So, I guess I'll do that now.

Phreaker

If you have not heard Red off Cher's amazing new album you need to listed to it please. It is everything for me right now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kSYgnC2pPY Spotify link

CTTT is my favorite album so far this year. So many great pop songs and her vocals are as strong as ever. The first part are up tempo dance songs like the AMAZING Red, My Love, Take It Like A Man and Dressed To Kill. The second half of the album are mid tempo and ballads. Sirens, I Hope You Find It, and Lie To Me stand out with Cher's emotional vocal. P!nk's I Walk Alone is also super catchy. The production is fantastic and everything sounds so nice and clear.

The only song that hasn't done it for me is Lovers Forever. Favorite Scars is fine, but not a favorite like the rest.

All in all, I love 9 of the 11 tracks. It's everything I hoped for in a new Cher album. I must attend the Dressed To Kill Tour!!

EDIT: OMG CHER - AMA!!!!

itpiejaRlxOJg.png

Esch

Banned
I confess that I have yet to listen to Drake's album in full, but a really hot guy that I was talking to at this party last night practically begged me to listen to it.

So, I guess I'll do that now.

It's just really kinda boring and retreaded, and a lot of the songs are copypasted from various templates of other rappers. The singles are still fire though they're all you really need. The Weekend's album is better, but I feel that it's stylistically lacking.

cory64

The production is mostly the boring, dickless type shit that would be on a J. Cole album and the lyrically its about nothing but Taylor Swift babby crying about your exes and how underappreciated Drake is. He's reached the stage of salty, insecure post-ether Jay while somehow winning at the game in every single way. I'm convinced you gotta be strongly lacking in a father figure, or a chick to enjoy this shit at this point.

trash.png
Did Drake write a song mentioning your name and place of employment too?

Majmun

trash.png

I don't stan a rapist, tho

What does that say about you?

ipdqGMU2aFOoM.gif

trash.png

Yes! Gather him.

Matt_

So girls, what's your absolute favorite Elena J. Goulding song?

I'm constantly torn between Animal, Human, and Under the Sheets.

The holy trinity. And yes, I prefer Light/Bright Lights to Halcyon/Halcyon Days. Sorry 'bout it.

Halcyon Days > Bright Lights > Halcyon

Saying that though, Midas Touch, Figure 8 and Dead in the Water are my faves

Partition

Banned
Applause just hit 100 million AI:
9 (=) LADY GAGA: Applause 100.129 (+1.743)

Also it has passed BTW for number of days in Top 10 iTunes

ibyBto42Kgp1FC.gif

If you have not heard Red off Cher's amazing new album you need to listed to it please. It is everything for me right now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kSYgnC2pPY Spotify link

I really like Woman's World and Red. The first half of the album's pretty okay.

But once the mid tempos and ballads kick in:

trash.png

Applause just hit 100 million AI:
9 (=) LADY GAGA: Applause 100.129 (+1.743)

Also it has passed BTW for number of days in Top 10 iTunes

ibyBto42Kgp1FC.gif

While I find Applause fairly mediocre overall, let me praise her hard work and power.

ibyBto42Kgp1FC.gif

Partition

Banned
Lady Gaga put in a lot of work.

A whole lot of work.

Shame this will likely be the peak of the era.

You mean a total of two statewide performances? Compared to the massive promo and onslaught of performances her BTW era singles got?

She has been EFFORTLESSLY increasing the past few weeks. No major interviews, no performances or appearances, nothing. I wonder what happens if she decides to fully promote her future singles.

Applause won't even be the most radio friendly single she will release. She can pass it's peak.

ibyBto42Kgp1FC.gif

Matt_

I think it was Rob that posted this ages ago, but I want to say thanks to whoever it was. It shit and I go back to it like every week. Fairly certain half of those views are mine

Is gaga going to perform Applause again anytime soon? Has there been any rumours? I want to see more from her, she's been too quiet

3phemeral

You mean a total of two statewide performances? Compared to the massive promo and onslaught of performances her BTW era singles got?

She has been EFFORTLESSLY increasing the past few weeks. No major interviews, no performances or appearances, nothing. I wonder what happens if she decides to fully promote her future singles.

Applause won't even be the most radio friendly single she will release. She can pass it's peak.

ibyBto42Kgp1FC.gif

I love that it's still increasing. I really want Artpop to have an era that BTW never had. I absolutely adore some of the tracks on BTW but it wasn't handled anywhere near as well as it should have been, despite releasing several singles.

Here's to hoping Artpop slays (and it's as good as the iTunes festival indicates).

iYEiAwNm96MII.gif

[edit] What did your source say about Gaga denying the Rihanna collaboration?

Partition

Banned
Is gaga going to perform Applause again anytime soon? Has there been any rumours? I want to see more from her, she's been too quiet

We are supposed to get the tracklist tomorrow, and album art possibly too, but now Gaga just said on Twitter she may have to delay that >_>

And I don't think we will get any more promo for Applause. She will be gearing up for the second single soon.

royalan

ibyBto42Kgp1FC.gif

Will Interscope give her the kind of resources to promote her second single as they did her first? Usually promotional efforts start to shink after the initial push, and she's wasted a lot of capital trying to make Applause happen.

And I love how you say "only two performances" like those two performances weren't headlining gigs opening the iTunes Festival and The Miley Cyrus Awards.

ilTCmVm8I6HA5.gif

Matt_

Will Interscope give her the kind of resources to promote her second single as they did her first? Usually promotional efforts start to shink after the initial push, and she's wasted a lot of capital trying to make Applause happen.

And I love how you say "only two performances" like those two performances weren't headlining gigs opening the iTunes Festival and The Miley Cyrus Awards.

ilTCmVm8I6HA5.gif

Spent a lot of capital on what? A brief bit of being on Time Square and about a day of radio payola? Hardly breaking the bank
The itunes performance was an online thing that hasn't given a boost to anyone that performed. Drew was probably talking about the GMA performance not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom