• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

End ha Pitchfork

idyAF9EjZipcg.gif

I haven't bopped to Bottoming on Air since the initial dopamine high wore off an hour after it came out. I'm kind of tempted to relisten.

What are you girls doing to me?

ibhMMLzk6c3AV0.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Speaking of stunted: Timberlake recently joked that this new record is "more slutty" than its "virginal" partner, and its subject matter can certainly be offensive—not because of its sexual nature but rather how disturbingly unsexy the singer makes it all sound. Despite "SexyBack"—which, with its motorik pulse and metallic vocal effects, was more cybersex-y, anyway—Timberlake's lock-step perfectionism always lent itself more to idealized romance than unadulterated attraction. And too often here, his come-ons are corny enough to elicit facepalms from sixth graders. "Girl, if sex is a contest, then you're coming first," he suggests on "Cabaret", seemingly accompanied by a dumb, punny smirk. Timberlake's supporting cast doesn't help. Timbaland shows up only to play the role of embarrassing uncle on "TKO", starting the track off with unfortunately appropriate (and gross) baby talk: "She kill me with the coo-coochie-coochie-coo." Jay-Z can't help but get in on the act on "Murder", where he hypothesizes on the efficacy of Yoko Ono's vagina: "Know that shit gotta be lethal/ If that pussy broke up the Beatles/ Chocha ruined pop culture." Yes, he really says "chocha." And no, it doesn't sound better when you hear him rapping it.

These lyrics...sounds like he's serving up some serious Robin Thinne realness
iNQ4SsG3hi3v7.png
iNQ4SsG3hi3v7.png
iNQ4SsG3hi3v7.png
iNQ4SsG3hi3v7.png

botty

Banned
not gaf being down for everyone...

edit: Guess I'll just take this time to declare Xtina and Jared king and queen of music.

edit2: as the new rulers of music, you must go and buy their albums on itunes.

edit3: im eating the most amazing salad right now.

edit4: shout out to kyon and saintz who can't access gaf right now :-/

not gaf being down for everyone...

edit: Guess I'll just take this time to declare Xtina and Jared king and queen of music.

edit2: as the new rulers of music, you must go and buy their albums on itunes.

edit3: im eating the most amazing salad right now.

edit4: shout out to kyon and saintz who can't access gaf right now :-/

no
no
mmm
hi

Fey

Banned
Fuck Unconditionally, this should be the next single. The public is taking to it very well. They shouldn't waste that.

Yesss. #1 in 50+ countries, and has even out peaked Roar in several others.

Capitol needs to postpone Unconditionally, demote Roar as the first promo single, and make this the lead.

ibhMMLzk6c3AV0.gif

SaintZ

avrilparty3ayul95tsuj.gif

We are back finally. I had to work today. Mess.

The Lorde is 1 spot away from being #1 again. Cockblock the three-headed Perra my Queen.
ibhJ3WSlyyKxcx.gif
Speaking of her

It's all but inevitable that Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" will claim the chart throne on this week's chart. However, with this week's batch of new albums having been released on an off-cycle Monday (instead of Tuesday), we're taking an early look at what is heading for the top of next week's chart. (Next week's top 10 albums will be revealed on Wednesday, Oct. 9.)

That said, Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience - 2 of 2" is bound for the top of the Billboard 200, so say industry forecasters. It might debut with around 325,000 copies sold by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Oct. 6.

After Timberlake, we should see Lorde bow at No. 2 with her debut full-length effort, "Heroine." It is on track to sell perhaps 115,000 to 125,000. Its hit single "Royals" just wrapped a seven-week run at No. 1 on the Alternative airplay chart. This week, it falls 1-2. Over on the Mainstream Top 40 chart (known as Pop Songs on Billboard.com), the cut remains bulleted at No. 5 for a second week (though it's up by 24% in spins at the format, according to Nielsen BDS). It stood at No. 3 on the Hot 100 last week.

The albums from Timberlake and Lorde are the two more significant titles to arrive to market this week, and likely the only new albums that will sell over 50,000. Other new albums that will debut next week include HAIM's "Days Are Gone" (maybe 20,000), Tyler Farr's "Redneck Crazy" (15,000) and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts' "Unvarnished" (10,000).
I have been listening to Pure Heroine the whole day and it has clicked with me.

Fey

Banned
it's downloading rn *.*

ch this stupid fucking dorm connection is doing the most. only one of those blocks drop into the thing every time.

i'm gonna play it later tonight *.*

so excited

even though i have no hope for this game *.*

the demo is flawless, omg I've never been so excited for a game in a long time ;____;

omg sis don't raise my hopes up ;___________;

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just listened to Bangerz and it's alright
My highlights are Drive, FU, Do my Thang and Someone Else
Get it right and 4x4 are absolutely awful
The rest of the album is pretty forgettable. The Britney verse was great but the rest of the song was shit. Maybe your right could be really good if it was sung by some one else

Before people jump on me for saying Adore You is forgettable, I'm not a fan of slow songs unless they are done by people with great voices, and Miley doesn't have one.

I think I'd give the album a 6.5 or 7/10. Pretty good effort from her
ibkCBXZn1JOS3l.gif

Fey

Banned
nnnnnnnnn dark horse is #1

edit: but like 80% jump in 2 hours tho..............

either katy did something or itunes is a mess

Kyon

Banned
Did Katy just buy 20 million copies of Dark Horse or did Katy Kats just GO HAM on da iTunes Charts to beat Lorde?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom