• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Hold your hands high fingers to the sky

q91w.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I feel sorry for Niall, he never gets any love

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess.
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes."

hair_flip_1.gif

Styles

Fearless is a flawless album tbh

With your face and the beautiful eyes
And the conversation with the little white lies
And the faded picture of a beautiful night
You carry me from your car to the stairs
And I broke down crying, was she worth this mess?
After everything and that little black dress
After everything I must confess, I need you

52b0f867.gif

Stefan™;84322733 said:
With your face and the beautiful eyes
And the conversation with the little white lies
And the faded picture of a beautiful night
You carry me from your car to the stairs
And I broke down crying, was she worth this mess?
After everything and that little black dress
After everything I must confess, I need you

52b0f867.gif

And we know it's never simple, never easy
Never a clean break, no one here to save me
You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand

And I can't breathe
Without you, but I have to
Breathe
Without you, but I have to

SLAY ME
52b0f867.gif

Nemesis_

Hmm, I think that German event might be private. But still it'll be nice to hear what people have to say about the songs, I remember a lot of the descriptions were quite on point about Born This Way when she did a similar thing in the UK previously.

SaintZ

Billboard Digital Songs

1. Royals 294,000
2. Roar 239,000
3. Wrecking Ball 221,000
4. Wake Me Up! 182,000
5. Berzerk 134,000
6. Applause 133,000
7. Holy Grail 123,000
8. Dark Horse 104,000
9. All Me 101,000
10. Summertime Sadness 99,000

Also:
The Billboard 200's top four albums are all debuts this week, led by Drake's "Nothing Was the Same," which launches at No. 1 with 658,000 sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Last Friday, industry sources forecast that the set would start with around 660,000-670,000.

At No. 3, Cher's notches her highest debut ever — and highest-charting solo album — as her new set "Closer to the Truth" bows with 63,000 sold. It’s her first album since 2002's "Living Proof."
Congrats to Drake and Cher.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Arte, she's coming
iUTDxpduLUURk.png
iUTDxpduLUURk.png
iUTDxpduLUURk.png
iUTDxpduLUURk.png

Katy B – review
XOYO, London
London's dance-music doyenne unveils a euphoric new set that sounds exactly the way a great night out clubbing can feel

5/5

Katy-B-at-the-iTunes-fest-010.jpg

Dance music is sometimes dismissed as a lightweight, ephemeral concern. Uniquely among today's mainstream, chart-friendly electronic-music artists, Katy B recognises that a great hedonistic clubbing night – far from being a trivial matter – can be such a satisfying and profound experience that it verges on the sacred.

Two years ago, the London-born Kathleen Brien's debut album, On a Mission, proved her to be a fantastic evangelist and ambassador for the clubbing experience. Katy B doesn't make dance music as a convenient careerist move, but because she is steeped in it, on a weekly basis: "It's great to be playing a show at XOYO," she says, glancing around this east London cellar club. "I've had so many amazing nights here."

Her imminent second album, Little Red, looks likely to mirror its predecessor's success, because she has stuck fast to her guiding musical roots and inspirations and opted to reunite with Geeneus, the man behind the grime/dubstep radio station, Rinse FM, that spawned her.

Bouncing around the stage tonight, a flame-haired dynamo, she unveils winning, frequently euphoric new material whose achievement is to sound exactly like clubbing feels. The urgent, stabbing synths of the insatiable Next Thing capture the visceral thrill of an all-nighter; single 5am aches with the itchy melancholy that descends at dawn when the music is finally over.

"This one goes out to all the 24-hour party people," she cries defiantly as she ends an all-too-short set with Lights On, itself a song about willing the night to never end. As she skips off stage, Katy B looks just what she is: an obsessive punter who loves dancing so much that she feels compelled to make great music to dance to.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/oct/02/katy-b-xoyo-review

Your faves are finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom