• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. That and actual musical composition in her songs.

ieofpuFLsJdHJ.gif

cory64

In 50 years after a double nuclear holocaust, the only things remaining will be Mariah's heart necklace and Ariana's ponytail.
jrThgkh.jpg

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Was listening to Born This Way today. LORD what an impeccable album. Even the "duds" like Bad Kids and The Queen make my heart flutter. Favorite pop album ever

YESSSS somebody else who recognizes Born This Way as the incomparable masterpiece album that it is <3
OMG Heavy Metal Lover (my fave), Judas, Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn, Scheisse, Hair, Electric Chapel, it just goes on and on. BTW has the most longevity of all Gaga's albums for me. Gaga will be back to slay billboards once her "public has turned on her" phase is over (that any popgirl worth a damn goes through, including LEGEND Madonna)

My faves in order:
Born This Way > Artpop > (slightly) > The Fame Monster >>>>>>>> The Fame

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i've been in a teary mood today. relistening to 2013 AOTY Modern Vampires of the City.

Hannah Hunt
52b0f867.gif

a gardener told me some plants move but i could not believe it
'til me and hannah hunt saw crawling vines and weeping willows
as we made our way from providence to phoenix

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Um, not it's not. What exactly was musically interesting about Just Dance or Poker Face?

It was dance pop music on a year with dance pop music. Really really interesting tbh.
tumblr_n0fd7zpUO81s5sk3do1_250.gif

i've been in a teary mood today. relistening to 2013 AOTY Modern Vampires of the City.

Hannah Hunt
52b0f867.gif

You need to listen the 2014 AOTY Glorious and cry more.
Foxes_-_Glorious.png

Vitanimus

Hannah Hunt
52b0f867.gif

Listen to Vespertine. Let it all out
52b0f867.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
me too actually!

at first i thought it was weaker than their debut, but now i kinda like it more. i think contra is still the best.

I actually prefer it to Contra, although, Giving Up the Gun is still maybe my fave VW song. It's absolutely MINDBLOWING when they play it live.

[edit] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEL8ReHs8UM a decent-ish version of their recent live arrangement. you can't really capture the awesome synth bass on a mobile phone. when the strobes go off for the final bleepy bloopy bit there's a big bass rumble like an enormous vandergraff generator discharging.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
but contra has white sky AND giving up the gun! how dare

and I Think Ur A Contra

but I honestly think that Modern Vampires is basically a perfect album. i literally cannot think of a way that it can be improved, or a criticism that isn't just 'i don't like that kind of music'

and every time i remember that Rostam Batmanglij is working with Charli XCX i get a little shiver in my balls

Vitanimus

I don't think I've ever listened to Vampire Weekend except for A-Punk :( where do I start or are all their albums worth listening to?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't think I've ever listened to Vampire Weekend except for A-Punk :( where do I start or are all their albums worth listening to?

their albums are all worth listening to

honestly just go on spotify, put all of their album tracks into one big playlist, and hit shuffle. instant summer playlist.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I got my confirmation for the signed copy of the album of the year "Glorious"
Foxes_-_Glorious.png

Any of you giving coins to the queen?
tumblr_n0fd7zpUO81s5sk3do1_250.gif

cory64

I don't even think I've listened to part I since 2010, part II is so superior that it renders the original obsolete.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hate on Godga all you want but Poker Face is one of the best pop songs of the last century.

Bye.
LoveGame, Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Paparazzi, Telephone, Alejandro...her Fame/Fame Monster singles run just shit and slayed lives. Probably the strongest run of pop singles of the 21st century after Girls Aloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom