• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Classy queen.

Meanwhile, her husband remains a hot mess.

The comedian dropped by Tuesday radio show Power 106 and the station later posted the interview with the star we weren’t allowed to hear on air as the ‘America’s Got Talent’ host delved into the depths of his salacious past even opening up about the first time he slept with wife, and mother to his children Mariah Carey claiming he: “F****d the s**t out her” on their wedding night. Nice!

tumblr_lh3glyfpNw1qzlpzc.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I am SCREAMING
Doing one of those days where you listen to old tunes on yotube, and I decide to listen to Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss
I look it up on wikipedia, and the song won Best Single at the Disney Channel Kids Awards. With THAT video. Like how even

Vazduh

tumblr_inline_myoc9hrfME1rfepr2.gif
New and worthwhile music alert!
tumblr_inline_myoc9hrfME1rfepr2.gif

As you probably already know, Foster the People have released their latest album, Supermodel. Although it's a somewhat weaker album from Torches IMHO (which was a hook-filled pop album, this one isn't), some of the songs are well worth a listen.

J0Yqqx3.jpg

Album highlight: Pseudologia Fantastica

iTunes

Singles is an outstanding fourth album from Future Islands, a synthpop band from Baltimore. I believe many of you have seen the already (in)famous Letterman performance, which gave them the deserved attention.

KxEbDbP.jpg

Album highlights: Seasons (Waiting On You), A Dream Of You And Me

iTunes

You might have heard of a Norwegian producer called Cashmere Cat when he released his remix of Lana Del Rey's National Anthem. Well, almost two months ago he released his Wedding Bells EP. Very catchy and very good glitch-hop.

8YZJ3is.jpg

EP highlight: With Me

iTunes

Vazduh

I am SCREAMING
Doing one of those days where you listen to old tunes on yotube, and I decide to listen to Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss
I look it up on wikipedia, and the song won Best Single at the Disney Channel Kids Awards. With THAT video. Like how even

ZcUrO1q.gif
Fuck, I'm screaming at this.

I still love Down Boy and most of her State of Mind album, no shame.

edit: wait, why did I just now realize there was a POPGAF last.fm group? I'm sending a request rn.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
If only Katy had some semblance of charisma and talent on stage I would probably stan, I really do like almost every single she's put out

Matt_

Euax, Birthday. How disappointing. May it flop and Legendary Lovers be released instead

Matt_

Birthday feels like a cheap follow up to Last Friday Night imo
Will of course be gobbled up like every other Perra song, but honestly the chorus isn't really that catchy. Doesn't particularly feel like a chorus either tbh

edit; GAH Legendary Lovers makes so much more sense, especially after Dark Horse. Who is even in charge of single releases it frustrates me so

Fey

Banned
Apparently Birthday's the next single, but there's been talk of This Is How We End Katheryn's Career being the next single too.
2095c354.gif
Hopefully it's Birthslay, and it's slaying around my birthday.

She said Legendary Lovers will be a single this year, I'm guessing it'll be the fall/winter single.

cory64

I actually think she should release Prism: Reloaded this year. The era feels incomplete with the set of singles she has to work with.

Is This Is How We Do the weird P!nk/Ke$ha knockoff? I remember being particularly offended by that, lol. Legendary Lovers is far superior.

Walking On Air is really fucking great though.

Matt_

Apparently Birthday's the next single, but there's been talk of This Is How We End Katheryn's Career being the next single too.
2095c354.gif
Hopefully it's Birthslay, and it's slaying around my birthday.

She said Legendary Lovers will be a single this year, I'm guessing it'll be the fall/winter single.

It would make a lovely early summer single tbh, let her extended edition single lead come out in winter
I'm caring far too much about this, drinks gone straight to my head

Matt_

Walking on Air is VILE and deserved to flop*
Dark Horse was clearly the superior of the two.
Please note, a flop for Katy Perry is still better than what most of our meager faves can hope to achieve nowadays

cory64

Walking On Air didn't flop, it was a preauxmeaux single

edit: speaking of trump cards, I'll be forever pressed Jump wasn't a single. It still could be tho!!

Matt_

Oh, I thought Walking on Air was the second single before hastly being removed in favour for Dark Horse.
I was utterly convinced it had the video and everything. What is this revisionist treatment my brain is forking out

edit; Im thinking of Unconditionally. Awkward.
edit2; A song so forgettable I forgot it's existence. They made the right choice ending it's life

royalan

I think Birthday will do better on radio than Legendary Lovers would. Though I think both songs are the biggest potential radio hits on the album.

Walking On Air should have been sent to club DJs ages ago. That track is screaming for 475673636 remixes.

royalan

Gaga really just needs to drop this damn era already. It ain't gonna happen.

Just "break your hip" again and pull out of this tour. Go on vacation. Get fresh perspective. Get a mani/pedi. Get dick. Get SOMETHING. Just stop dragging ARTPOP's poor corpse through the dirt...

Jeez it's not that grim, calm those freshly shaven tits

She released a single because she needed to. One and half singles from a high profile artist is silly to me. She should attempt Gypsy after G.U.Y for good measure. You never know what could catch on.

Seems like a top 100 song is more of a bonus than a priority for her, so I say throw out more ARTPOP songs in case one catches fire.

royalan

"a top 100 song is more of a bonus than a priority for her"

sis when did we start talking about Cassie?

NOT Cassie tho

avbjovb;wldb;voboubvluobrgaiohg;oihf;oihb;oesbgt

I still bump her mixtape. It's a good substitute for Rihanna since that hoe seems obsessed with NOT giving us new music these days...

cory64

RockaByeBaby shits, but Cassie is so mismanaged it's not even cute anymore.

The queen will unleash her next oeuvre of bops when the time is right.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Jeez it's not that grim, calm those freshly shaven tits

She released a single because she needed to. One and half singles from a high profile artist is silly to me. She should attempt Gypsy after G.U.Y for good measure. You never know what could catch on.

Seems like a top 100 song is more of a bonus than a priority for her, so I say throw out more ARTPOP songs in case one catches fire.

If one wants to remain a pop culture icon like Mother Perrysa still is, top 10's should be a priority.

iqNUnk6ptdacg.gif

If one wants to remain a pop culture icon like Mother Perrysa still is, top 10's should be a priority.

iqNUnk6ptdacg.gif

Beyonce proves that you don't need to have a top 10 song to be a pop culture juggernaut. One obviously benefits from having a popular single out and about, but let's not act like a musician is worthless shite without a radio hit.

cory64

2010s top 10s:
Bey - 1 lead, 1 feature (2 albums)
Demi - 2 lead (2 albums)
Carly Rae Jepsen - 2 lead (1 album)
Kelly - 2 lead (3 albums)
Lorde - 2 lead (1 album)
Nicki - 2 lead, 8 features (2 albums)
Miley - 3 lead (2 albums)
Britney - 3 lead, 2 features (2 albums)
Adele - 4 lead (1 album)
Pink - 5 lead (2 albums)
Kesha Rose - 7 lead, 3 features (2 albums)
Gaga - 8 lead, 1 promo (3 albums)
Taylor - 8 lead, 2 promo (2 albums)
Katy - 10 lead (2 albums)
Rihanna - 10 lead, 3 features (4 albums)

Gaga's doing fine.

royalan

So, even though the Twin Towers Alive Music Festival in Kuala Lumpur was canceled due to the recent tragedy, Christina Maria Desnudate Mi Relejo Aguilera, like the benevolent bad bitch she is, held a smaller concert for the fans who had purchased tickets.

Here she is slaying say something: http://instagram.com/p/mFyowki31X/#

She also announced that she's having a baby girl. Blue Ivy Flopper and Flop West have been put on notice.

#HewMad?

iOqNJbjqvDv08.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom