• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Indeed.

I know that will.i.am produced some good songs, such as Estelle's American Boy, Fergie's solo stuff or Kelis' Brave, but almost everything he did from 2011 onwards is tragic crap.

With him being a judge on both The Voice UK and The Voice Australia this year, it's a miracle he didn't pull Kylie into his web. Imagine what might have happened if he had executive-produced Kiss Me Once.

Would it really have been that much worse?

Vazduh

I'd have to say yes, it could have been much worse. Case in point: Britney Jean.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly the biggest Kylie fan around, but I think that Kiss Me Once is a serviceable album, a pleasant diversion.

Indeed.

I know that will.i.am produced some good songs, such as Estelle's American Boy, Fergie's solo stuff or Kelis' Brave, but almost everything he did from 2011 onwards is tragic crap.

I had no idea he produced Brave. It shits so hard. Goddamn.

Rihallah's Photographs is great too minus his insufferable singing bits.

Trigger

I think will.i.am is actually pretty talented when he wants to be. He just seems to be content with half-assed efforts lately.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I've been saying Venus should have been the lead single. Applause wasn't weird enough for Gaga to separate herself from Katy. It was just slightly less appealing. Venus is a bizarre little song and would have probably inspired some obnoxious viral videos... whatever Gaga picked would have been a hit to some capacity so Venus would have been all over the place.

She could have made "aprhrodisy" a thing :(

erm

the lyric is 'aphrodisiac sleazy'

not me knowing the lyrics to that trash song better than you

SaintZ

Wasn't will.I.am's latest song Feelin' Myself? I liked that because of Miley tbh.

He's also one of the producers of Brooke Candy's album.

3phemeral

erm

the lyric is 'aphrodisiac sleazy'

not me knowing the lyrics to that trash song better than you

Eh, it's sort of like that.

She actually sings it like:

It's Aphrodisi- ...
... -ac sleazy​

But it's not unexpected that someone will hear it as "Aphrodisy. Act sleazy"

But if we take a step back into Gaga's Twitter we can see that Soulsis is right
BWrH5aHCcAA8j6r.jpg

Styles

Flawless Lord just bought a flat in Tribeca for 20M:

Did-Taylor-Swift-buy-Peter-Jacksons-penthouses-in-NYC-Tribeca.jpg

She has around 75M in real estate assets. She's gonna reap millions of dollars in profit if/when she decides to sell them.
ed2305b7.png

Bladenic

Actually I agree with Koodo. It took some listens, but it's probably the best overall album on a by track basis.

That said, I don't believe there's one mega bop on here that I'll listen to years from now like Whenever, Wherever, Did It Again, She Wolf, Waka Waka, Hips Don't Lie, or Gypsy. But who knows?

I feel like Beyonce is trying to induce a seizure at the end of this Heaven video. It was bad enough on a 26 inch monitor, but it's hellish on a 73 inch tv.

I will say that all these videos slay extra hard in 1080p and surround sound.
I almost shat myself when Bey started singing behind me in Jealous.

ibdLE1j2G6ApjA.gif

Reckoner

Just read that Beyoncé brought Jay-Z on stage and the show this second night was even better. Why you do this to me, Bey. :(

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Fourty minutes till Kate Bush tickets. Let me put on my war paint.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Tight around her vajay, no figure up top and regina george boobs? Not her best.

Royalan said:
Going by tweets from one of her drummers, Xtina has been in a rehearsal studio since last week. This is a big deal. She DOES have her Kuala Lumpur show coming up at the end of the month (and the Jazz Fest coming up in May), but #Fighters know this is more rehearsing than Xtina has ever done for any one show.

As the sponsor of Twin Towers Alive 2014, we have concluded with event organizer Live At Work Sdn Bhd and other fellow sponsors to cancel TTA 2014 as a sign of respect to the families & next-of-kin of the crew and passengers of flight MH370.

https://www.facebook.com/TwinTowersAlive/posts/384080151734785

iMwo7GjFDqRYI.gif

Matt_

Why cancel it out of respect rather than dedicate the event to their memory?

Hiring an artist who is still searching for the remains of her career would be twisting the knife in the families affected, don't you agree?

iQscfDCWB8jPu.png

Matt_

YASSS ME TOOO
September though, £300 for mumma and a friend
Birthday Christmas and Mothers day in one

Vazduh

I just went on a musical journey and discovered some cute bops.

I've heard Seinabo Sey's song recently and loved it, but Lincoln Jesser is new to me, that track is really good. Kaileda's track is nice, too. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to check out Knox Hamilton's EP now.

Edit: Wait, this Knox Hamilton shits.

Matt_

Well this morning has actually gone rather well.
iFa2DuKyjZl8C.gif

I do hope Lana's new album has material similar to Hit and Run

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i am ice

and dust

and light

and sky

and here

the only problem with kate bush is that she's almost too good. she doesn't give other girls a chance.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Caroline from Chairlift has a solo alberm out next month, fwiw. And since she's already collab'ed with a number of other pop/indie-ish bands and worked with Beyonce, it's probably safe to say this girl's going places.

Sis I'm just playing along the joke that I stan flops. (Yet they are more creative than their mainstream faves.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom