• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
So I'm @ work finally jamming out to Kylie's new album fully for the first time...

Now I love me some Kylie Minogue, but sorry girl your new ablum is mediocre TRASH! Yikes! Her worst album by a long shot :*(

On the bright side, I found 2 pop gems in this mediocre pile - "Million Miles" and "Sleeping with the Enemy" ....so not a total loss <3

Fey

Banned
Florrie is one of them,
but judging by her Seashells video, she shouldn't have bothered trying.

Not to mention the song is shit.

Not that I care about Snorrie anymore. Blocking me on twitter despite all the supporT, rot in hell you twiggy, pea soup drinking, "Imagine Dragons' album was so good" tweeting bitch.
Waving_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

Vazduh

Not to mention the song is shit.

Not that I care about Snorrie anymore. Blocking me on twitter despite all the supporT, rot in hell you twiggy, pea soup drinking, "Imagine Dragons' album was so good" tweeting bitch.

tumblr_lj9qjx46Ao1qixleeo1_500.gif

Wait, why did she block you? What happened?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
How is Gangnam Style nearing 2 billion?
Is there anyone left with an internet connection that hasn't seen it yet? Surely people can't still be entertained by it two years later?
ibyF8yuc9xBRsu.gif

Disgusting.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Is there anyone left with an internet connection that hasn't seen it yet? Surely people can't still be entertained by it two years later?
ibyF8yuc9xBRsu.gif

Disgusting.
I haven't. :D In fact, I don't think I've ever heard the song in full.

I'm very proud of the fact that I've managed to avoid it.

SaintZ

I haven't. :D In fact, I don't think I've ever heard the song in full.

I'm very proud of the fact that I've managed to avoid it.
Yeah I haven't seen the full video either, just bits and pieces. My ears weren't as lucky as my eyes though 'cause one night they started playing the song at the fucking club.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yeah I haven't seen the full video either, just bits and pieces. My ears weren't as lucky as my eyes though 'cause one night they started playing the song at the fucking club.

Nothing quite killed my mood like a club playing that stupid fucking song. And it was everywhere for weeks.
My uni needs better establishments ;_;

Hot 97 played a life-affirming MC megamix this morning. After a bit of unnecessary rudeness about her age and all the asterisks involved, it was back-to-back WBT remix, It's Like That, Emotions...it just went on and on, and it was so incredible hearing such flawlessness on the radio after non-stop Perra, st!nk, and Avicii with his repellent country-bumpkin variety of dance "music" tbh

happy birthday my one-time kween

IS IT TRUE THAT YOU LOVE ME?
I DARE YOU TO KISS ME
WITH EVERYONE WATCHING
IT'S TRUTH OR DARE ON THE DANCEFLOOR

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

TRUTH OR DARE ON THE DANCEFLOOR!!!!!!

iXuNuxV6rYJin.gif

cory64

Venus released August 12th, 2013 with video.
Venus at VMAs

Aura promo single October 15th 2013

Gypsy released November 5th 2013, video November 12th with album
Gypsy at AMAs

Applause sent to radio January 21st 2014
Gypsy(intro)/Applause at Grammys
Video January 27th

G.U.Y sent to radio April 8th 2014
Video April 21st

Fey

Banned
IS IT TRUE THAT YOU LOVE ME?
I DARE YOU TO KISS ME
WITH EVERYONE WATCHING
IT'S TRUTH OR DARE ON THE DANCEFLOOR

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

TRUTH OR DARE ON THE DANCEFLOOR!!!!!!

iXuNuxV6rYJin.gif

o........................................................................................

this has been in my head since i heard it
unsure.gif

Yado

Venus at VMAs

Gypsy at AMAs

Video January 27th

Video April 21st

Switch around G.U.Y and Venus and replace Applause with Artpop.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Venus at VMAs

Gypsy at AMAs

Video January 27th

Video April 21st
I agree with the switching of G.U.Y. and Venus, as mentioned above. Regardless though, this is far too logical.

Yado

Venus has an edge to it that GUY doesn't that I think would have made it a more potent lead single.

I think Venus is a much better song but G.U.Y has that "Gaga vibe" that would resonate better with the public as a first single.

ibyF8yuc9xBRsu.gif

Disgusting.

I think it's one of those things that people go "OMG do you remember that Gangnam song?! Let's to watch the video LOL #TBT"

I'm also sure there are people who still listen to it, although I can't understand why.

Vazduh

I think it's one of those things that people go "OMG do you remember that Gangnam song?! Let's to watch the video LOL #TBT"

I'm also sure there are people who still listen to it, although I can't understand why.

With so many good K-pop songs around, one has to wonder how (and why) Gangnam Style, of all songs, became such a hit. I still don't get it, the song is pure shit, and same goes for its sequel, Gentleman.

With so many good K-pop songs around, one has to wonder how (and why) Gangnam Style, of all songs, became such a hit. I still don't get it, the song is pure shit, and same goes for its sequel, Gentleman.

Video was extremely goofy and had an easily imitable dance that can be done at parties, weddings, and family reunions.

In the same vein as Macarena, Locomotion, The Ketchup Song, etc.

That being said, it's still trash.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I need Lana to come out with a single already. I need something to help me wait for the album.

Matt_

Fixed that for you :)

Vazduh

Video was extremely goofy and had an easily imitable dance that can be done at parties, weddings, and family reunions.

In the same vein as Macarena, Locomotion, The Ketchup Song, etc.

That being said, it's still trash.

I agree with you, I guess that the choreography was the main reason. Just went back and revisited the Gangnam Style MV since I forgot it completely. Let me reuse my K-drama gif from yesterday, it seems even more appropriate right now:

MRsznes.gif

Btw, Psy was in the studio with will.i.am two months ago. Nothing good can come out of that.

Fixed that for you :)

2155634-oh_you.jpeg

Venus has an edge to it that GUY doesn't that I think would have made it a more potent lead single.

I've been saying Venus should have been the lead single. Applause wasn't weird enough for Gaga to separate herself from Katy. It was just slightly less appealing. Venus is a bizarre little song and would have probably inspired some obnoxious viral videos... whatever Gaga picked would have been a hit to some capacity so Venus would have been all over the place.

She could have made "aprhrodisy" a thing :(

Vazduh

Heavens to Betsy.
What sin was committed to warrant such a plague?
I give thanks that Gentleman flopped and Will.i.am has been nonexistent since Scream and shout.

Indeed.

I know that will.i.am produced some good songs, such as Estelle's American Boy, Fergie's solo stuff or Kelis' Brave, but almost everything he did from 2011 onwards is tragic crap.

With him being a judge on both The Voice UK and The Voice Australia this year, it's a miracle he didn't pull Kylie into his web. Imagine what might have happened if he had executive-produced Kiss Me Once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom