• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Iggy makes me feel bad for Nicki Minaj - Iggy is LITERALLY Nicki's 'barbie' persona, and you know all them little white girls (think: Sophia Grace & Rosie on Ellen) find her appealing. She swooped in and took ha place.

#poorha

oop. If only Azealia Banks had a place in pop culture.
i5PgJ0qhhoBpX.gif

The entirety of Heal is pretty amazing for a what you could derogatory call a Eurosong product.

Euphoria, My Heart is Refusing Me, Sober, If She is the One, In My Head, ... all fantastic songs.

The only song I don't like is See You Again.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
oop. If only Azealia Banks had a place in pop culture.
i5PgJ0qhhoBpX.gif

She aint got no racks racks racks and I got the ATM JAM
Poor bitch what you gonna do?
She is a broke ass bitch, a broke ass bitch
The thong drips out of that flatass bitch
I got the racks racks racks
Poor bitch what you gonna do?

#SorryImNotSorry

Mau ®

Don't go crying to your mama 'cause you're on your own in the real world

Ain't it fun
Ain't it fun
Baby, now you're one of us
Ain't it fun
Ain't it fun

tumblr_mapw0uh3jR1rv6602.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;112382599 said:

Ain't it fun
Ain't it fun
Baby, now you're one of us
Ain't it fun
Ain't it fun

tumblr_mapw0uh3jR1rv6602.gif

She must have spent months writing such lyrics.

lenovox1

I went back to some of her live performances and it really is like that, ugh. The most "cringey" one being her duet with Jewel. Talk about Y I K E S! Was she on drugs or what? Just look at her facial expressions during the performance.

Jessica Simpson & Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul

Just like Britney, Jessica could belt and sing far, far better, naturally, at age 15 than before her label got to her.

Music and the Mirror (from "A Chorus Line") from little Jessica

Mau ®

Chris Martin likes to pretend that he is Rihanna in the studio and likes to write "Rihanna songs".

OMG He loves her. Make her an album, King. Give her her own "Ghost Stories".
52b0f867.gif

Vazduh

Just like Britney, Jessica could belt and sing far, far better, naturally, at age 15 than before her label got to her.

Music and the Mirror (from "A Chorus Line") from little Jessica

That was... surprisingly not terrible. Well color me impressed.

Mau ®;112388476 said:
Chris Martin likes to pretend that he is Rihanna in the studio and likes to write "Rihanna songs".

OMG He loves her. Make her an album, King. Give her her own "Ghost Stories".

Jamelia - See It In A Boy's Eyes
Natalie Imbruglia - Lukas

If Chris wrote something for Rihanna that would be as half as good as these two songs, I'd be happy.

Partition

Banned
Paramore is actually kind of great.

Their last album was critically acclaimed and had many good songs.

I mean, in terms of poppy rock bands, nothing is worse than Coldplay.

Mau ®

If Chris wrote something for Rihanna that would be as half as good as these two songs, I'd be happy.

Well "Princess of China" was originally a Rihanna-only song. I think it would've worked better as only her than a Coldplay Feat. I only like her part tbh.

Natalie's last album was quite good. So was "Counting Down the Days".

Couple of points.

1) Lorqueen is amazing. And Heal still gets regular use.

2) Ain't It Fun is a great song.
But Still Into You with its virally infectious chorus is better.

Vazduh

I'm not a Paramore fan, but God bless whoever put Ain't it Fun to the POPGAF Spotify playlist because it shits.

I mean, in terms of poppy rock bands, nothing is worse than Coldplay.

Theory of a Deadman begs to differ <3

Mau ®;112389511 said:
Well "Princess of China" was originally a Rihanna-only song. I think it would've worked better as only her than a Coldplay Feat. I only like her part tbh.

Natalie's last album was quite good. So was "Counting Down the Days".

Me too! I wish she had released a solo version. Here's hoping that Chris will write something for her. And I really liked Natalie's albums. Last time I checked her Instagram, she was recording a covers album, which was disappointing to see, but since her last album flopped, she probably decided to play it safe.

Oh, and since I mentioned Jamelia in the previous post, I have to ask: what happened to her music career? Her last album (which was really good) was released 8 years ago, and since then nothing happened.

JameliaWalkWithme.jpg

Let's reminisce with some bops:

Jamelia - Beware of the Dog (aka the superior rework of Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus)
Jamelia - Something About You

And, of course, her biggest hit, and the song that put Cutfather (one of Kylie's producers) on the map.

Jamelia - Superstar

2) Ain't It Fun is a great song.
But Still Into You with its virally infectious chorus is better.
Ain't It Fun is the only Paramore song I use. The lyrics are so clever (and so true...), and the swelling sing-and-response conclusion with the wicked electric guitar is one of the best "pop" moments I've heard in years.

Let's just all agriH that Hayley Williams should never go solo. "Stay the Night" is vile trash and represents everything I hate about how dumbed-down the songwriting process has become lately

save us Mariah, your needlessly expansive vocabulary and complex verse structure

royalan

wait this slays

NmNNL9R.jpg

the wig still looks cheap but it fits her

Yeah, but I remember the very first LOUD era wigs were really cheap looking. You could tell she was just playing around.

Then she got serious about her hair-game and started non-stop slaying hoes with iconiC reD.

Mau ®

She changes her hair game too often for me to consider this the official R8/HOME era hair.

I'd be surprised if it lasts for more than 2 weeks. If she changes the hairstyle but keeps the pink color then I'll think she's serious about it.

SaintZ

Avril Lavigne &#8207;@AvrilLavigne 5h

I've been sick for the past 2 weeks and made it through the tour. Thank u South America. Te Amo ! 5 days off to rest

Bn2wAtsIMAAEaiN.jpg:large
That's why the setlist was so short at the concert, she still gave a damn good show. Queen of M&G and Bikinis
8zdxcqdurg.gif

I'm so glad my fave can keep her flawless figure after all these years of drinking
8zdxcqdurg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom