• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Mau ®;112403899 said:
She changes her hair game too often for me to consider this the official R8/HOME era hair.

I'd be surprised if it lasts for more than 2 weeks. If she changes the hairstyle but keeps the pink color then I'll think she's serious about it.
It's the middle of May already, she should settle on a look for her era soon. Probably single in June and alber in August. Second single beginning of September, Home promo single end of October, Heauxm in November. Third R8 single in February. All multiweek #1s of course

Mau ®

I really hope that R8 shits and slays like Loud instead of having only two good songs like Unapologetic

image.php

Unapologetic>>>>>>>>>>>>LOUD

Not to spam much more, but I am still curious about people's opinions if they haven't seen this.
Kylie Minogue - I Was Gonna Cancel ~~produced by Pharrell~~

SayHey, one of the larger Kylie forums, has been on meltdown status since this video dropped yesterday with people quickly claiming it to be the worst Kylie videos ever. I have to admit I was left wanting a bit more color or excitement on my first few viewings, but now I'm finding it to be fairly appealing and fresh. I'd bet that this video would be more palatable to non fans than those that are used to her usual output.

iNUoz2vIUsq52.gif

Performance of IWGC on a TV show
I think this clip shows what a great performer she is even if she doesn't have the most impressive voice. Yes, I'm aware there's some assistance on that chorus.

She did a recent performance with her live band for BBC 2 which was totally on point
Les Sex
In My Arms
Kiss Me Once
Slow (oh my god, so fucking good when it slips into the Chemical Brothers mix)

Not entirely unrelated, but sometimes I find myself trying to justify why I like Kylie or Perfume or whatever as much as my other more "legit" music favorites. I may have angled this more towards the audio/visual side of things rather than focusing on the music itself. Anyway, I posted this on FB earlier and wanted to share.

I like the duality that pop music is so often treated as disposable or not worthwhile because it's manufactured or a collaborative effort by people trying to make a product to sell. The end product may not be a direct indication of the talent of the performer that is featured front and center and I think some people see that as an excuse to discount the artist or dismiss them and their projects entirely.

The few higher level pop artists that I follow closely are quick to point out that they have teams of creative staff that they work along side with. I find it fascinating that what we perceive as Kylie Minogue or whoever is a construct of what is essentially a collaborative art project that utilizes the talents and skills of many people. I enjoy the artificiality of presenting a human being as something larger than life and then wondering how much of that total picture is the person who is just as human as you or me. For whatever reason I sometimes find that more interesting than the cut and dry talented musician who has the ability to make a good record on their own. On a human level I find that harder to relate to.

To take this even farther I like the idea of Hatsune Miku who if you don't know is a fictional character based on vocaloid software that people can write songs for to have a computer "sing" them using Miku's "voice". While I don't find the character appealing personally I think it's incredibly fascinating that people will pack a venue to see a prerendered character projected onto a stage while a computer plays back her songs. I feel at this point it's no longer a live show, but it's still a human creation and it's probably still art. Kinda crazy to think about what this type of thing could lead to.

So at the end of the day you're welcome to think I have shit taste because I enjoy this kind of music from time to time. I just wanted to give a little more insight as to why I like it and what I appreciate about it. I'm aware that the person who did the art design on the music video for Love At First Sight probably has more to do with leading me to being a Kylie fan than Kylie herself. I'm totally cool with that.

Mau ®

"Oceans" of all the Ghost Stories songs, tho?

"O" is the better ballad. It's so sad :(

I think you're actually gonna love the album eventually, Leona. I can feel it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm a little disappointed that nothing has punchedT me this year as hard as anything from last year, so far

Grimes has a new alber out later this year I hope

And ofc Do It Again

iBcVtmcOa4vRp.gif

bye your tumblr is linked in your profile. as is mine. *.*

ummmT but wait

what's your twitter (pm me)

cory64

^you already follow me sis
I'm a little disappointed that nothing has punchedT me this year as hard as anything from last year, so far

Grimes has a new alber out later this year I hope

And ofc Do It Again

All the iconic artists save for Robyn and Robyn went last year, 2015 should PUNCH tho.

Mau ®;112412752 said:
"Oceans" of all the Ghost Stories songs, tho?

"O" is the better ballad. It's so sad :(

I think you're actually gonna love the album eventually, Leona. I can feel it.
It's all in the chord progression, Mau-mau. It's haunting, mesmerizing, gorgeous.

Some of the other songs on the alberm have obviously beautiful melodies, but they lack the relaxed melancholy that I love in some of their older discography (Spies, For You).

I like elevator music, sue me

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Im actually loving that new paul mcartney song
The video is good as well when you factor him you

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
A Gay Man's Opinion on Lady Gaga.

ahh.gif

One night stand and never call him again material.

I'm sorry but I cannot stand people like him

How dare people stand up for gay rights if they haven't experienced discrimination themselves!?
Ungrateful cunts that quickly dismiss anyone that isn't like them in fighting a course that they believe in, So shallow minded it infuriates me .

I'm sorry but I cannot stand people like him

How dare people stand up for gay rights if they haven't experienced discrimination themselves!?
Ungrateful cunts that quickly dismiss anyone that isn't like them in fighting a course that they believe in, So shallow minded it infuriates me .

There's a difference between spreading a message and becoming the message, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom