• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

I'm no musical expert, but I would love to hear more about this! Did you mean that she strained her voice too much, that is, sang from the throat?

It's mostly improper placement and throaty singing. You can hear how absolutely muddy her tonal quality is whenever she belts. No resonance or projection. No amount of wide-mouthed singing would ever project a sound so swallowed in its production.

Nobody caught Mariah's "You Don't Know What To Do" on tv this morning?

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/05/mariah-carey-wale-you-dont-know-what-to-do

Godriah has been so good to us. Not her pop-lyric best, but it's fun.

OMG I love this!!!
ed2305b7.png

What kind of pop disco slayage!!!

ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

edit: MARIAH CAREY – Thirsty: 1.141

ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif

She also sang Touch My Body and Always Be My baby live (except for that F5 - who you kidding girl?) She posted all of them on her site already:

http://www.mariahcarey.com/news/mariah-performs-new-song-today-70966

Messing up the words of my own song
and I don't care

Wait, what's that weird sound at 1:12?

The song is okay! I think I like it much more than Thirsty.
OMG, it's back! No one knows what it is. But it's happened before during her E=MC2 era. I posted about it in the Vocalism thread, but no one really has an idea:

Hey, Mumei, I wanted you to check this out. It's Mariah at a recent concert belting, but seemingly unintentionally transitioning between whistle and chest. Now, this has happened before, namely her American Idol Performance of Bye, Bye; and this performance of Fly Like A Bird, but I thought it was an audio problem. I recall someone theorizing that it had to do with severely damaged vocals allowing air to escape in two places at once due to weakened folds. I don't even know if that's possible.

The difference with this clip is that the whistles are transitioned to, while on AI performance and FLAB occur concurrently with the belt.

What do you make of it?

Indie Group Says Mariah Carey Stole Their Hook For "Thirsty"

What utter drivel.
Thirsty has grown on me quite a lot tbh
How embarrassing for them.
iUhqaXW0G56sZ.gif

Phreaker

I see some comments from yesterday on Katy Perry's Last.fm page that are talking about "main" and it being PERFECTION. What are they talking about, what is "main"?

Leona Lewis, what’s wrong with Emeli Sande?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I see some comments from yesterday on Katy Perry's Last.fm page that are talking about "main" and it being PERFECTION. What are they talking about, what is "main"?

Emeli's fault Leona's Glassheart flopped.

She ruined Leona by writing "Trouble" and convincing her with her lesbian wiles that the track was lead single (let alone K-Mart exclusive B-side) material.

3phemeral

I'm getting like old-school Mariah harmonies, dance-music remix, and I'm That Goddess You Like love-child teas from You Don't Know What God Did to Me.

iLZAseNaXQRPr.gif

YAASS

Leona might actually like this song too.

ib2y152Fe3AJCX.gif
I'll have to wait for the recorded version.

It's nice that she didn't lip the whole thing, but the end result was a catastrophic intermingling of a struggling hiccupy lead, disturbingly noxious "rap" feature, and truly illegal background vocals.

I can't judge what I heard because my mind has already performed its coping mechanism and erased it from existence.

Mau ®

Sia has given another likely hit song to Rih.

Have there been any songs you’ve given to other artists that you wish you recorded and released as your own?

There’s one that a I just gave to Rihanna. [Laughs] Like as soon as I played it for her manager, he flipped over it and [when] he left the house I felt sick. I was like, “F–k.” It was going to be on my record, but he was over and I was playing him loads of jams. And I was like, “Maybe you’ll like this one…” [Other than that] not really, I mean I did like “Perfume.” I would have kept that for myself, but Britney [Spears] is a really sweet gal and I was happy to give it away.

R8
or Home
is coming together.

Vazduh

Kylie - I Was Gonna Cancel Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g0c9mv0j9E

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cat-Falling-Asleep.gif

"This video is an abstract look at pedestrian life and how we're all just trying to get through and rise above everyday challenges. Although the song talks about a real life event that happened the day I recorded the song with Pharrell, the video has a more conceptual approach and I love how surreal it looks. I found myself almost directing traffic and it made me think about how we're all just trying to negotiate our way through day to day life." - Kylie Minogue

funniest-dog-gifs-lazy-eating.gif

Mau ®;112275778 said:
Patrick sis, I wish you posted here more often than just whenever a new Kylie event happened :)

Aww, thanks! I will certainly try.

Effortless, clean, stylish and iconic.

Looks like the continuation of the Slow video -- i.e what everyone did after they got dressed and left the pool.

I agree! I am stuck at work so I'll watch it a few more times when I get home. I wish there was a little more crowd dancing...

3phemeral

Speaking of Prince, on Google Play they're giving away:

Prince: Little Red Corvette
Guns N' Roses: Sweet Child O' Mine
Dr. Dre: Still D.R.E.

for free.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Leona's Ave Maria is a year round Christmas classic good lord the slayage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom