• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leona's Ave Maria is a year round Christmas classic good lord the slayage

The operatic realness.

I don't hear any of the other gorls doing it.
Too bad about her throat infection late last year. She had to cancel the appearance where she would have sung it live
and proven to Mumei that it's actually her voice

Maybe next year during her Christmas promo of Mr. Right, flawless holiday classic single to be (which should've replaced One More Sleep tbh)

24.gif

canocha

Talking about Leona! Nice!

She did a concert in Berlin and a few songs:

1. Come Alive
  2. Glassheart
  3. Whatever it Takes
  4. Hotel California
  5. Fireflies
  6. Better In Time
  7. Grenade
  8. Happy (Pharells song, not hers)
  9. I to You
  10. Sugar
  11. Run
  12. Bleeding Love

And people only recorded Run, Better in Time and Bleeding Love (well she actually killed it in this one, but someone cut the ending right when shes starting a huge fucking note!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V93E6gEbIwU&t=4m15s

She chooses the worst songs to cover :-x

After her legendary, history-making streak on X-Factor, I seriously thought there was no genre she couldn't handle, but she lacks the swagger to really sell songs like Sweet Dreams or Cry Me a River (not on her setlist there, but among her go-to's for covers) - they come across as karaoke renditions rather than creative interpretations, unfortunately.

But damn, not a single singing contestant other than Sohyang has even approached the amazing things she did on X-Factor.

Summertime
Could It Be Magic
A Million Love Songs

Incredible. Hard to believe it was eight years ago. Equally hard to believe how thoroughly she's squandered her once boundless potential by being so complacent.

canocha

Ohhh the Xfactor performances... i still listen to them!

But thank god she changed her promotion team, they are actually doing some promoting now!

Tomorrow she'll sing at the FA Final Cup (Abide With Me and the National Anthem) and a song of her own apparently!

People are wondering if its a new summer single!

Ohhh the Xfactor performances... i still listen to them!

But thank god she changed her promotion team, they are actually doing some promoting now!

Tomorrow she'll sing at the FA Final Cup (Abide With Me and the National Anthem) and a song of her own apparently!

People are wondering if its a new summer single!
It would be unprecedented for her to debut a new single in a live venue, but with her new management, anything is possible.

She better not waste a single ounce of effort promoting that "Walking on Sunshine" obscenity. Not a single one.

canocha

It would be unprecedented for her to debut a new single in a live venue, but with her new management, anything is possible.

I also think she's not going to debut anything new, but with the number of people watching that Final would be genius!

She better not waste a single ounce of effort promoting that "Walking on Sunshine" obscenity. Not a single one.

Well.... https://twitter.com/leonalewismusic/status/466726958236463104 xD

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Not a Bad Thing
#7 Philippines (-1)
#11 New Zealand (-1)
#15 United States (-2)
#20 United Kingdom (-3)
#20 Australia (=)
#28 Canada (-5)
#35 Indonesia (-5)
#45 Denmark (-10)

Not the song already dropping after Becky G mentioned him.

This shows us that her powers can be used for good too.
tumblr_mnrso2DfTI1s2whrio1_500.gif

Vitanimus

Gone are the days of begging
The days of theft
No more gasping for a breath
The air has filled me head to toe
And I can see the ground far below
I have this breath and I hold it tight
And I keep it in my chest with all my might
I pray to god this breath will last
As it pushes past my lips
As I...
Gasp,
Gasp.

Florence, I...

iv37JlvGqyAOC.gif

Rolling high, leather and wood
Keep it trill, that's what good
Kiss my momma, show that love
Pop them bottles in that club
I heard your boo was talking lip
I told my crew to smack that trick
Smack that trick, smack that trick
Guess what they did, smack that trick

iVolGHrcmi1f1.gif

Gold everything, gold ass chain
Gold ass rings, gold ass fangs
You could see me stunt when you turn and you scream
You could see me stunt when you turn and you scream
I’m bigger than life, my name in the lights
I’m the number one chick, ain’t need no hype
The capital b means, I’m ‘bout that life
The capital b means, I’m ‘bout that life

iQ7TA97Fxhh5s.gif

You know we used to sneak and listen to that UGK
Didn’t do your girl but your sister was alright, damn

iVCZ025pLlj3p.gif

Phreaker

I can't express how addicted I am to XSCAPE. It's really an amazing album and I love that both versions of the songs are available are on the Deluxe edition. Is anyone else slayed by it?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
TK2TSWZ.jpg

I can't.

My fave. Her flawless taste.

The Voice Of Our Generation. The Greatest Sitcom of All Time.

This is why I stan ha.

UjoLt26.gif

YASSS
Despite the fact I'm in the middle of my exams I've been doing a Golden Girls marathon for the first time and I am loving it so much
Blanche is such a queen

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why is everyone filming in the crowd?
Like why bother going to a live show then watching it through a tiny screen when it's being filmed for tv anyway?

Fancy does not transition to live very well at all imo

Nemesis_

Kimbra played three new songs but I hated 90's Music so much that I can't be bothered tracking them down.

emoji_u1f634.png

Edit: One of them was a disco track called Miracle

Vazduh

It's mostly improper placement and throaty singing. You can hear how absolutely muddy her tonal quality is whenever she belts. No resonance or projection. No amount of wide-mouthed singing would ever project a sound so swallowed in its production.

I went back to some of her live performances and it really is like that, ugh. The most "cringey" one being her duet with Jewel. Talk about Y I K E S! Was she on drugs or what? Just look at her facial expressions during the performance.

Jessica Simpson & Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul

OMG, it's back! No one knows what it is. But it's happened before during her E=MC2 era. I posted about it in the Vocalism thread, but no one really has an idea:

That sound was really loud during the Idol performance. Something similar happened during the GMA performance with Miguel:

Mariah - #Beautiful (feat. Miguel) - live on GMA

:/

That sound was really loud during the Idol performance. Something similar happened during the GMA performance with Miguel:

Mariah - #Beautiful (feat. Miguel) - live on GMA

:/
this is fake bruh

I went back to some of her live performances and it really is like that, ugh. The most "cringey" one being her duet with Jewel. Talk about Y I K E S! Was she on drugs or what? Just look at her facial expressions during the performance.

Jessica Simpson & Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul
I wish this were too.

yikes

Mau ®

I remember I bought Jessica's album "In this skin" back when she was popular due to Newlyweds.

It made me nauseous. No lie.

JCX

She chooses the worst songs to cover :-x

After her legendary, history-making streak on X-Factor, I seriously thought there was no genre she couldn't handle, but she lacks the swagger to really sell songs like Sweet Dreams or Cry Me a River (not on her setlist there, but among her go-to's for covers) - they come across as karaoke renditions rather than creative interpretations, unfortunately.

But damn, not a single singing contestant other than Sohyang has even approached the amazing things she did on X-Factor.

Summertime
Could It Be Magic
A Million Love Songs

Incredible. Hard to believe it was eight years ago. Equally hard to believe how thoroughly she's squandered her once boundless potential by being so complacent.

Umm Leona won because Simon picked songs that American Idol contestants already had a moment with (Summertime, All By Myself, I Have Nothing, Bridge Over Troubled Water, and even A Moment Like This)

No way Leona's robotic version beats FANT ASIA's Summertime.

Vazduh

Lil Debbie and Katie Got Bandz have just collaborated and the song sounds exactly how you thought it would.

Lil Debbie - What It Look Like (feat. Katie Got Bandz)

Mau ®;112363348 said:
I remember I bought Jessica's album "In this skin" back when she was popular due to Newlyweds.

It made me nauseous. No lie.

Sorry to hear that, sis. I've never listened to that album in its entirety, but just looking at the tracklist makes me cringe. Forbidden Fruit? Sweetest Sin? Just... ugh.

xaosslug

Iggy was on Jimmy Kimmel yesterday, she performed Fancy with Charli and Work:

Fancy
Work

The Fancy performance was her best to date tbh. I'm so glad Charli is performing with ha.

She participated in this segment New Lyrics for Old People too.

And this Buzzfeed list named ha the Queen of the Summer.

She's also performing on the Dancing With The Stars Finale.

Iggy better snatch the #1 on the Hot 100 tbh.

tumblr_mstzlcLiwy1rxfpq8o1_500.gif

Iggy makes me feel bad for Nicki Minaj - Iggy is LITERALLY Nicki's 'barbie' persona, and you know all them little white girls (think: Sophia Grace & Rosie on Ellen) find her appealing. She swooped in and took ha place.

#poorha

Mau ®

Iggy makes me feel bad for Nicki Minaj - Iggy is LITERALLY Nicki's 'barbie' persona, and you know all them little white girls (think: Sophia Grace & Rosie on Ellen) find her appealing. She swooped in and took ha place.

#poorha

Nicki abandoned that image like a year ago tho. She's back to being "hood".

Bladenic

Euphoria
Forever, ’till the end of time
From now on, only you and I
We’re going up-up-up-up-up-up-up
Euphoria
An everlasting piece of art
A beating love within my heart
We’re going up-up-up-up-up-up-up

2 years later, still slays many of our faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom