• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/news-opinion/beyonces-transformation-hard-watch-its-7170263
It was with shock, horror and no awe that I viewed the shocking new trailer released this week by husband and wife team Jay Z and Beyonce to promote their On The Run concert tour.

From start to finish it is crammed with wall-to-wall violence, gun glorification and objectification of women.

It is rampant with crime, betrayal, violence, love and sex, and in my view it should be banned rather than promoted.

During the three-minute clip, there is an arsenal of different guns being used and bullets are pepper-sprayed by Beyonce like confetti.

In one shot we have the displeasure of looking down a double-barrelled shotgun, not to mention witnessing Jay Z adoringly cradling his pistol like he wants to make love to it.

The whole thing is horrific, made worse by the fact that these two megastars are artists that some younger people bizarrely look up to and want to emulate.

How awful to think of the minds that could be warped by this stuff.

On top of that they’ve managed to get many of their celebrity A-list actor friends in on the action including Sean Penn, Don Cheadle, Jake Gyllenhall and Emily Rossum.

It’s incredibly disappointing, as one can only assume they endorse this kind of violence too.

But that aside, to me, the most disappointing part of all this is the demise of the Beyonce we used to know and love.

Sorry Beyonce, but you have lost your credibility in the eyes of your sisterhood. Perhaps you should go back and listen to your old song Independent Woman.

iblvkLo0gKrYYE.gif

Welcome back Aya! <3 (I totally told you guys ;p)

I went to Cleveland ArtRave a week ago! I would post some pics or videos but my seats were not amazing and the videos make them look even worse ._. Gaga performed really well, much better than all her live performances on TV shows have been. She looked really gorgeous and seemed to be having a great time. She of course did her usual "I am going to be the friend you never had, be yourself in here, I love you, tell me your secrets let me be your safe space" thing, but she did it in the middle of Born This Way which made it kind of unbearable if you aren't really here for that. She was doing that during the Monster Ball too so I guess she's just always done that. It's nice for her to make people who have been outcasts their whole life feel loved but I don't really need that from her in my life so I guess it doesn't really do anything for me.

I'm glad I didn't spring for ARTPOP zone tickets... I feel like they actually couldn't see that much :I. But then again I guess they got a meet and greet so maybe it doesn't matter.

Finally, Lady Starlight opened for Gaga (I missed Hatsune Miku but I heard it was lame anyway) and my God, I've never seen anyone suck the air out of the room faster. Even the crazy people down below in the very front couldn't keep up their enthusiasm. Just her and a drum machine (?), no synth or melody of any kind. It was just forty minutes of her dancing around to percussion and noise. I'm sure there's an audience for that sort of thing but it was pretty clearly not this one. We had more fun dancing to the music they played between acts. When she announced she was about to leave the crowd went nuts and I know it wasn't just for Gaga coming out. It's nice of Gags to help her friend out but Christ, she destroyed the energy of the room, which is pretty much the exact opposite of your job as an opening act.

lbr Gaga needs to cut most of her cords, especially the ones to her toxic fanbase

itfZ0HJ7zB8Kg.gif

Get into her work with Moloko to reach true Nirvana.

SIS, you did not lie.
jHFcII.gif

I can die happy now. Oh my god, Statues alone is a flawless masterpiece but the entire discography...
1r4G3W.gif

Mau ®

Coldplay's Ghost Stories is #1 in the UK. Biggest opening of 2014 so far
52b0f867.gif

Your country is stanning, Godel. Make sure to join them
52b0f867.gif

Vazduh

I'm listening to Austin Mahone's album right now. Pray for me, sistren. Edit: three songs in, and I can't believe that the little fetus is slaying my geriatric ass a bit.
tiJdxY9.png
tiJdxY9.png
tiJdxY9.png
It feels like I'm listening to a lost *N SYNC album.

Edit 2: No wonder the album is so catchy, it was co-written and executive-produced by RedOne.

Oh, and I gave Cher Lloyd's new album a listen. It's not bad, most songs have strong hooks, and there are some proper bops such as I Wish or Dirty Love, but the album overall is so generic, it's not even funny.

Welcome Back!!!! I thought it was a perm.

tumblr_inline_n5t6m9M1391qafrh6.gif

Thanks sis! I am percheD for Mariah's comeback. I didn't get to hear the album yet but I heard it's fire so far so I'm hype.

Yas welcome back Queen

WaiT, it's not a perm after all?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! Welcome back!

yXaIvy1.gif

Oh my goodness. Welcome back sis. Don't get banned again, please. *hugs*

#DEATH at the dude running away in front of her lol!

IM SCREAMING
Why is everyone running away from ha

Welcome back aya! Keep it cte this time sis

welcome back aya!

Welcome back!!!

Welcome back Aya! <3 (I totally told you guys ;p)

I went to Cleveland ArtRave a week ago! I would post some pics or videos but my seats were not amazing and the videos make them look even worse ._. Gaga performed really well, much better than all her live performances on TV shows have been. She looked really gorgeous and seemed to be having a great time. She of course did her usual "I am going to be the friend you never had, be yourself in here, I love you, tell me your secrets let me be your safe space" thing, but she did it in the middle of Born This Way which made it kind of unbearable if you aren't really here for that. She was doing that during the Monster Ball too so I guess she's just always done that. It's nice for her to make people who have been outcasts their whole life feel loved but I don't really need that from her in my life so I guess it doesn't really do anything for me.

I'm glad I didn't spring for ARTPOP zone tickets... I feel like they actually couldn't see that much :I. But then again I guess they got a meet and greet so maybe it doesn't matter.

Finally, Lady Starlight opened for Gaga (I missed Hatsune Miku but I heard it was lame anyway) and my God, I've never seen anyone suck the air out of the room faster. Even the crazy people down below in the very front couldn't keep up their enthusiasm. Just her and a drum machine (?), no synth or melody of any kind. It was just forty minutes of her dancing around to percussion and noise. I'm sure there's an audience for that sort of thing but it was pretty clearly not this one. We had more fun dancing to the music they played between acts. When she announced she was about to leave the crowd went nuts and I know it wasn't just for Gaga coming out. It's nice of Gags to help her friend out but Christ, she destroyed the energy of the room, which is pretty much the exact opposite of your job as an opening act.

Welcome back, Aya <3

Thanks sistren! Trust, I'm gonna keep it cute again lol! <33333333

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;113400229 said:
Coldplay's Ghost Stories is #1 in the UK. Biggest opening of 2014 so far
52b0f867.gif

Your country is stanning, Godel. Make sure to join them
52b0f867.gif

this just bumped UKIP's recent election success to the second worst news of the week

I too exercised my democratic right
for the first time
this week. Everyone I spoke to voted Labour as well. Are all the UKIP voters old people or something? Smdh. Don't they realise that it's a party of idiots and every single one of their "policies" is an actual catastrophe? I thought age brought wisdom.

I added some tracks to the Spotify thing as well if anyone cares. Sorry if it was a bit presumptuous of me~

Aguila

#ICONIC
Shades of Cool might go up along with the Ultraviolence album preorder!!!!

Also, the writing credits:

Bof8cE4IUAAph1p.jpg:large

And West Coast almost didn't make on UV:

BoeWrTwIUAA0GHm.jpg

So it was you who added Baths to the playlist?

I love you.

Oui, c'était moi. His stuff is really good for revision. He's helping me through Brezhnev right now
52b0f867.gif

Studying the USSR is suffering enough, god knows what it must've been like to live there

On a more positive note, Do It Again is actually #11 on UK iTunes right now. Maybe our country isn't quite past the point of redemption just yet. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it's doing pretty well for itself considering it's obscure and Scandinavian.

And just generally, you guys are really nice so why does the wider forum treat this like some sort of hotbed of moral turpitude? Are they really that pressed?

Mumei

Oui, c'était moi. His stuff is really good for revision. He's helping me through Brezhnev right now
52b0f867.gif

Studying the USSR is suffering enough, god knows what it must've been like to live there

On a more positive note, Do It Again is actually #11 on UK iTunes right now. Maybe our country isn't quite past the point of redemption just yet. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it's doing pretty well for itself considering it's obscure and Scandinavian.

And just generally, you guys are really nice so why does the wider forum treat this like some sort of hotbed of moral turpitude? Are they really that pressed?

Yes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
52b0f867.gif

the rest of GAF is perpetually stressed, pressed, and bothered by the fact that we revel in pop music and accept it for what it is instead of worshipping at the altar of Real Music™

Trigger

Maybe it's because I haven't been on here as often lately, but I don't feel like POP-GAF gets shit on as much anymore.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Maybe it's because I haven't been on here as often lately, but I don't feel like POP-GAF gets shit on as much anymore.

wasn't it like two weeks ago that a thread was locked and popgaf berated for shitting on threads because roy (and no other members of popgaf) posted in it like three times?

royalan

wasn't it like two weeks ago that a thread was locked and popgaf berated for shitting on threads because roy (and no other members of popgaf) posted in it like three times?

And I didn't even post anything bad! People keep leaving that part out!

Roy was the ONLY popgaffer to post in that thread...and you know what mess THAT must have been...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
And I didn't even post anything bad! People keep leaving that part out!

Roy was the ONLY popgaffer to post in that thread...and you know what mess THAT must have been...

sorry babe i didn't mean to imply that you'd made a mess in the thread, only that you had only made like three posts

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
West Coast has grown on me a bit tho

I don't think it's great but I enjoy it a lot more than when it first dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom