• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

In this oasis where the lines blur
jamming.gif

When you're with me you're thinking of her
jamming.gif

jamming.gif

You tell me one thing
jamming.gif

then you paint another picture
jamming.gif

The album is out in two days. Let's enjoy the full album stream until then.
I hope it's good!

Stream link.

I don't think Rih could do the chorus justice tbh

But yes that chorus is absolute fire

I'm glad we'll never know, tbh. Although I love Rih, she'd never be able to hit that note.

Vitanimus

jamming.gif

When you're with me you're thinking of her
jamming.gif

jamming.gif

You tell me one thing
jamming.gif

then you paint another picture
jamming.gif

The album is out in two days. Let's enjoy the full album stream until then.
I hope it's good!

Stream link.

Oh I didn't realise this was so soon, perched

Mau ®

"Chandelier" was meant for Rih but she never showed it to ha or her manager. "Pretty Hurts" was a Rih song but her manager didn't pay to withhold it a while longer. Now she has given another "song I wish I would've kept" to Rih.

I think it's obvious who is Sia's favorite pop girl *.*

Bladenic

Mau ®;113262916 said:
"Chandelier" was meant for Rih but she never showed it to ha or her manager. "Pretty Hurts" was a Rih song but her manager didn't pay to withhold it a while longer. Now she has given another "song I wish I would've kept" to Rih.

I think it's obvious who is Sia's favorite pop girl *.*

Only Girl (In Pop)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier
I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist, like it doesn't exist
I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

ixYCJ8RYzW6xo.gif

And I'm holding on for dear life
Won't look down won't open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light
Cause I'm just holding on for tonight
Help me, I'm holding on for dear life
Won't look down, won't open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light
Cause I'm just holding on for tonight
On for tonight

ivOJxgcFmufuI.gif

slé me

Oh my god, how have I not heard Roisin Murphy before? What kind of flawless pair of solo albums? Both so stylistically different and yet equally capable of slaying an unsuspecting listener.

When I think that I'm over you
I'm overpowered
It's long overdue
But I'm overpowered

As science struggles on
To try to explain
Oxytoxins flowing
Ever into my brain

roisin-murphy.jpg

Queen of Ireland, Fashion and basically Everything

Someone hold me

Chandelier is good too, hope the rest of the album is up to it.

EDIT: Oh dear.

For those hoping that Do It Again would signal a proper follow-up to Robyn's last LP, 2010's Body Talk, well... not so much. "I haven't had a single good idea in six months," she laments, saying that she may start working on something after the upcoming tour. For now, she's focused on collaborations, and has spent recent studio time with Kindness' Adam Bainbridge and Swedish producer Christian Falk.

ed2305b7.png

Six months (even though you've almost had four years so you should probably have gotten some shit together by now)? 'May start working on something'? Oh my god. Even though Body Talk is magnum opus levels (esp. when you add Cry When You Get Older, wtf was with leaving that out) it would still be nice to get more solo Robyn soon before she just decides to settle for being Royksopp's favourite guest vocalist or w/e.

Vitanimus

ed2305b7.png

Six months (even though you've almost had four years so you should probably have gotten some shit together by now)? 'May start working on something'? Oh my god. Even though Body Talk is magnum opus levels (esp. when you add Cry When You Get Older, wtf was with leaving that out) it would still be nice to get more solo Robyn soon before she just decides to settle for being Royksopp's favourite guest vocalist or w/e.

NOOOOOOO I hope she's just saying that to throw people off :((

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
She said she might play some new stuff on the tour

Tbh I'd rather she waited until she was ready than put out something half baked

MONEY ($ * / ...) is too DOPE!!

'You Don't Know What to Do' NEEDS to be released as a single now! ABSOLUTELY a summer time smash!
I'm trying to reply here, but your avatar is making me weak in the brain.

How you doin'? OK, I can muster that. hiiiiiiil

Dedicated and Money have me cruising in my imaginary convertible on a warm summer afternoon with my ride or die boo. Take notes, this is how you do a throwback

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So Radio 1's Big Weekend is on this weekend apparently
Lily Allen is on at the moment, with Ed Sheeran, Calvin Harris and Coldplay coming later today on the main stage
Live stuff here

Line Up Here

Was on yesterday too so there will be videos floating about from whoever performed yesterday

You can also rewind on the live player which is nice so if you missed someone you like just skip back a bit
Based BBC providing the goods

edit; I forgot how good Everyone's At It was
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
ummmmT

so on RockGenius the lyrics to Chandelier are annotated...by Sia

and i'm HOWLING at the annotations to the second verse

Q9A86MG.png

fvuGeQG.png

zeBFl3r.png

AfsMaxe.png

ea2a4fdb.gif

and the annotation to

'sun is up, i'm a mess
gotta get out now, gotta run from this'

1HpU8TD.png

kldfjg;dskfgjlkdfg;sjdfg
b3d79dc8.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't know how to feel.

On the one hand, she's worked with Natalia Kills; on the other hand, she's worked with Avicii.

MDNA and HC weren't bad, they were just excruciatingly bland. Sigh. If she's actually bringing it this time, then it's guaranteed to at least be an entertaining listen.

Oh well, there are going to be a few solid bops, I can feel it. That mysterious snippet on Billboard was clearly Madonna considering their word choice ('vogue' etc.) , and that sounded pretty good.

Work Bitch is a criminal shambles, but I guess releasing an album as seminal, inspiring and world-shattering as Blackout takes a lot out of a girl. I forgive everything Knee's done post 2007, because at least she gave us Blackout first.

I'm confused as to how this is shade
The camel family's excuse for not going was that they'd be too busy gearing up for their tour (which, by the way, WHERE THE FUXK ARE MY TICKETS)

Yet there she is, as laid back as we've ever seen her, chilling in her glued on H-town microbraids and presumably having nothing, nothing at all, to do.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
She's laying at home in bed in a tank top and not giving a fuck.

The camel family's excuse for not going was that they'd be too busy gearing up for their tour (which, by the way, WHERE THE FUXK ARE MY TICKETS)

Yet there she is, as laid back as we've ever seen her, chilling in her glued on H-town microbraids and presumably having nothing, nothing at all, to do.

Good
The Carter Residence is above that sham wedding.

Let the ratchet one go and represent

Yado

Oh my god, how have I not heard Roisin Murphy before? What kind of flawless pair of solo albums? Both so stylistically different and yet equally capable of slaying an unsuspecting listener.

I'm overpowered
It's long overdue
But I'm overpowered

As science struggles on
To try to explain
Oxytoxins flowing
Ever into my brain

roisin-murphy.jpg

Someone hold me

itfZ0HJ7zB8Kg.gif

Get into her work with Moloko to reach true Nirvana.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
yes, moloko truly shits

today i've basically been listening to 01 MONUMENT , Chandelier and Let Me Down Gently (and some of the live leaks of La Roux's other new stuff)

summer is going to be amazing

3phemeral

I'm overpowered
It's long overdue
But I'm overpowered

As science struggles on
To try to explain
Oxytoxins flowing
Ever into my brain

roisin-murphy.jpg

Someone hold me

Chandelier is good too, hope the rest of the album is up to it.

ed2305b7.png

I first fell in love with her when I heard Primitive.

Then I ran into Overpowered.

And then I just kept getting punched out by

You Know Me Better
Cry Baby
Body Language
Parallel Lives
Checkin' On Me
Let Me Know
Off And On
Ruby Blue (How does this punch so hard?)
Through Time (what kind of loungy throwback?)
Sinking Feeling

The Closing of the Doors gives me a very Karen Carpenter feeling for some reason.

ibqyxJwg1TqHNe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom