• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
She just slutted her way to #3 on Itunes.

ibg1VO69L0LNE3.gif

She better slay. Let me spend some coins on ha.

Styles

"Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely" is Backstreet Boys, their Magnum Opus.

The melody, the harmonies - everything about the song is flaw-free.

1D could never.

ifBkxO87NT6Te.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
No I enjoy some of her tracks, but I think as an artist she is certainly one of the least interesting out of her Swede comrades.

well the critics certainly agree that she's better than your current swedish fave

8sfzFGB.png

Pc9sc7x.png

although i don't want to drag lykke li too hard, she's still amazing. just not as amazing as godbyn.

3phemeral

That's from this live performance. Skip to 00:30. Cool, isn't it?

After watching it, as cool as it is, I think it's two different live performances meshed together. You can see the abrupt edit where the girl in the front suddenly changes clothes. So I'm guessing they just did a quick edit of the two since the camera angles are automated and used that as the television feed. Otherwise, the audience doesn't even react to something that would be so awesome in person.

Nemesis_

So the Ultraviolence release will get us two new tracks on two separate Deluxe Edition SKUs?

"Flipside" and "Is This Happiness".

Available on the iTunes store and French Edition exclusively, respectively.

And I assume "Old Money" will be sampling something considering the writers.

I like Shades of Cool, but like most of Paradise I'll need to listen to it a few more times to get a handle on it.

So far this album is shaping up to be a slightly more alternative/brass sound, but still generally in line with her past work. Born To Die will probably always be the album with her catchiest songs.

I tried to listen to The Elusive Mariah Am, Chanteuse I Me a second time but only got up to Faded. I also listened to a couple of her remixes and I think I'll warm up to her on repeated listens. I'll probably write a short review once I sit back down to take it all in again.

3phemeral

I like Shades of Cool, but like most of Paradise I'll need to listen to it a few more times to get a handle on it.

So far this album is shaping up to be a slightly more alternative/brass sound, but still generally in line with her past work. Born To Die will probably always be the album with her catchiest songs.

I tried to listen to The Elusive Mariah Am, Chanteuse I Me a second time but only got up to Faded. I also listened to a couple of her remixes and I think I'll warm up to her on repeated listens. I'll probably write a short review once I sit back down to take it all in again.

Is it really that difficult to have the album running in the background while doing something else? :) For the iTunes stream, I had low expectations, had it running while working and only songs that jumped out at me I paid attention to. After Meteorite made it's first impression on me, I started listening to the other tracks more closely.

Cry is definitely a downer and after repeat listens, I think it's a bit melodically and lyrically broken. While there are some great vocal moments, it's not enough to keep me interested. Not a great album opener, in my opinion.

BTW, here's a streaming link to the Japanese Edition that includes...America the Beautiful... lol

Nothing will ever top this version.

Is it really that difficult to have the album running in the background while doing something else? :) For the iTunes stream, I had low expectations, had it running while working and only songs that jumped out at me I paid attention to. After Meteorite made it's first impression on me, I started listening to the other tracks more closely.

Cry is definitely a downer and after repeat listens, I think it's a bit melodically and lyrically broken. While they are some great vocal moments, it's not enough to keep me interested.

BTW, here's a streaming link to the Japanese Edition that includes...America the Beautiful... lol

Nothing will ever top this version.

If I listen to music in the background I will immediately forget it exists. I leave music on in the background if I know it already and can just let it sit there. I'm really trying to like it you know. lol

That happened with Ghost Stories. Played it all the way through while I was cleaning and I don't even remember anything about it.

Touchdown

Banned
If I listen to music in the background I will immediately forget it exists. I leave music on in the background if I know it already and can just let it sit there. I'm really trying to like it you know. lol

That happened with Ghost Stories. Played it all the way through while I was cleaning and I don't even remember anything about it.

At least listen to Meteorite and You Don't Know What To Do.
ed2305b7.png

3phemeral

Maybe rather than do the album in the intended order, why not just skip through each? The iTunes Radio stream didn't play in order for me, so maybe that had a lot to do with it.

Maybe start with some of the uptempo songs and sneak in a midtempo and a ballad:

1. Meteorite
  2. Money
  3. One More Try
    ----------
  4. Make It Look Good
  5. Dedicated
  6. Camouflage
    ----------
  7. You Don't Know What to Do
  8. Faded
  9. Cry
    ----------
  10. Thirsty
  11. Supernatural
  12. Heavenly
    ----------
  13. Bectha' Gon' Know (R. Kelly)
  14. #Beautiful
  15. You're Mine (Eternal)
    ----------
  16. It's A Wrap (Mary J. Blige)
  17. The Art of Letting Go
  18. Triumphant
    ----------
  19. Me. I Am Mariah the Elusive Chanteuse

Mau ®

Oh how we lost our minds
When we fell in love that night
I never thought that
I would ever leave your side

Oh how we lost our minds
Promise me you won't cry
This is our last goodbye

lkjheloihcvujvhkadhckjas end me KE$HA!!

Vazduh

Meteorite slays. That's all.

Ew... As if!

post-34715-Jim-Carrey--Oh-Come-On-gif-WgEv.gif

Still love you, sis.

After watching it, as cool as it is, I think it's two different live performances meshed together. You can see the abrupt edit where the girl in the front suddenly changes clothes. So I'm guessing they just did a quick edit of the two since the camera angles are automated and used that as the television feed. Otherwise, the audience doesn't even react to something that would be so awesome in person.

I agree, of course, the edit is obvious, but still, the effect is very cool! It's a nice performance, although the song is a bit boring
VYJbbX8.jpg

Stefan™;113600602 said:
"Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely" is Backstreet Boys, their Magnum Opus.

The melody, the harmonies - everything about the song is flaw-free.

1D could never.

Hmm... I wouldn't exactly call it their magnum opus, though it is one of their better songs, that's for sure. Those three I linked earlier are my favorites.

Btw, Stefan™, I have to ask,
who's the model in your avatar? I tried reverse image search and it didn't give any results.
VYJbbX8.jpg

Mau ®;113638090 said:
Oh how we lost our minds
I never thought that
I would ever leave your side

Oh how we lost our minds
Promise me you won't cry
This is our last goodbye

lkjheloihcvujvhkadhckjas end me KE$HA!!

6cG7iQF.gif

Stan for her best song!

Vazduh

New La Roux.

La Roux - Uptight Downtown

Much better than Put Me To Sleep Gently, IMHO.

this movie is absolutely everything

I love it too, it's such a fun movie, even though my favorite version is the Grindhouse cut which is 90 minutes long, it has the perfect pacing. I liked the extended (aka standalone) version too, the one with the lapdance sequence intact, though that one drags a bit in places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom