• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh that Nicole song is quite nice
But that lazy ass hook though

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the beat

the fusion of trance piano and flamenco guitar

the infectious chorus

get into it sistren, this is a certified bop

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;113815009 said:
Maybe in structure, because everything else (from theme to tempo) they're different.

Also, #neaux1curr for Bounce sis.

A shame because Bounce is a much better song to boot

Also it went to #2 in the UK so #sum1curr

Vazduh

eaux, sorry i missed your post

i don't think it sounds unfinished...more deliberately pared down to me

on my seventh play, that hook is tew much

It's okay, sis :* I still don't think the song is a smash-material, but I do like the pre-chorus and the chorus very much, those are stuck in my head. Sle a tiny bit, Nicole.

Speaking of her, I actually wanted to ask you something, since you're from the UK, right? Is there an explanation for why she is so successful and liked there?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's okay, sis :* I still don't think the song is a smash-material, but I do like the pre-chorus and the chorus very much, those are stuck in my head. Sle a tiny bit, Nicole.

Speaking of her, I actually wanted to ask you something, since you're from the UK, right? Is there an explanation for why she is so successful and liked there?

erm i don't really think she is? i mean she was on Xfactor but she's not the nation's darling or anything.

Couldn't resist

Bought all the relevant games.

I now have a 3DS, Vita, Ps4 and a Wii U. And I'm set for this gen, not planning on wasting any mONEy.

Team #PS4U

ibtPgSHYe7tsZx.gif
i0gXPYvkNOuRr.gif

It's beautiful. I'm still deciding if I should get MK8 or not.

Vazduh

Oop at me then, lol. Thank lawd I got the wrong impression then, because I seriously thought that she was liked there, I guess it was because of the X-Factor.

I just checked out her Wiki page, and it seems that the Killer Love singles were indeed quite successful in the UK (each selling over 200 000 copies, and the album is certified Gold), but not elsewhere.

SaintZ

Nicole is vile and she's probably the only pop girl I truly dislike. Her only worthy contribution to the world was this gif.

iyJ9Oi7jElrL.gif

Vazduh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh let me bop a bit
I quite like Kevin. I think he would have been much more successful if he didn''t look like someone's dad having a midlife crisis that started a band
The poor guy debuted at 25 and looked like he was in his 40s

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
dear the uk

please get your damn shit together and put chandelier, uptight downtown, and your love spotify so i can start building my sound of the summer pop playlist thanks

Nemesis_

Your Love is basic and boring let me go listen to the entirety of her debut including the smash hits DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH, WET and CLUB BANGER NATION

Vazduh

Oh let me bop a bit
I quite like Kevin. I think he would have been much more successful if he didn''t look like someone's dad having a midlife crisis that started a band
The poor guy debuted at 25 and looked like he was in his 40s

:') :') Dying over your description because it's so spot-on :D He was no star-material, although he's obviously a solid producer.

edit: wait, he was 25 when he released Let It Rock?! O M G. I'm almost
and I look younger than him when he first debuted!!

Your Love is basic and boring let me go listen to the entirety of her debut including the smash hits DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH, WET and CLUB BANGER NATION

Not Club Banger Nation
tiJdxY9.png
tiJdxY9.png
tiJdxY9.png

At least you didn't mention Amenjena.

Touchdown

Banned
The uncivilized Yuropeans and their retailers are incapable of respecting street dates. They've been selling the game since Tuesday.

MESS. Now y'all gonna have a leg up on us law abiding Americans with extra time to practice when we have our popgaf kart tourney. It ain't fair!!

iuH4RYLTQRyll.gif

Mau ®

I'm listening to Taylor Swift's debut mixtape.

She sounds so different. I wouldn't recognize her. She pretty much removed whatever "country" twang her voice had for Fearless (and onward). A smart business move-

Majmun

But where is wonderful 101?

Send me your NNID, bb

Already finished W101 on my cousin's Wii U. My NNID: hotiva
Same as my PSN name. Add me on that MK8 list :)

@Booty Patrol
I'm getting DK asap. I loved the SNES games and the Wii game was great as well. I just needed casual co-op games to play with friends for now.

The next single from Katy B's #1 album Little Red is Aaliyah, featuring Jessie Ware. I'm surprised it took her this long. I wasn't particularly there for Still tbh. It and Sapphire Blue are the two most meh tracks on Little Red. Frankly the Deluxe bonus tracks > most of the actual album.

And Grammy Award winner Louisa Rose Allen is now making a cameo appearance on Doctor Who, following musical legends such as that Welsh woman and that Australian woman. Continue to get that promo, Louisa-sis. (and please take off the awful hat, sigh)

Glad to see more ppl appreciating Zhu, I put Faded on the Spotify thingy a few days ago. Just a debut EP for now, The Nightday.

Also, can I just say fuck Nintendo for releasing the game of the forever featuring iconic newcomer Pink Gold Peach on the week before exams? I have to wait three weeks.
300px-Pink_Gold_Peach.png

Racing legend, tbh. Bowser Jr hew? #neaux1curr
So glad I'm going to go into it blind aside from the aforementioned legendary roster. Gonna be so messy~

Shades of Cool is a good song.

I am liking her rock musical direction this era. It suits her better than the sappy orchestral production that her stans are upset about being gone.

ibOp5Uc3A86mH.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
And now they're asking me
Are you and him together?
How is it gonna be
Or is it just playing tricks on your mind
I bet that he's not your kind
My fantasy fell into something true
He put a spell on me under the moonlight
And I knew,
Now I can stop thinking 'bout that taste like cherry pop
Pop pop, che-cherry che-cherry pop pop
Cherry pop
ibaGVLQjOYjgJl.gif

Matt_

And now they're asking me
Are you and him together?
How is it gonna be
Or is it just playing tricks on your mind
I bet that he's not your kind
My fantasy fell into something true
He put a spell on me under the moonlight
And I knew,
Now I can stop thinking 'bout that taste like cherry pop
Cherry pop