• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
shades of cool is my favourite song of the year so far

ibOp5Uc3A86mH.png

It's no Ultraviolence but as a released song I guess I agree.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Shades of Cool is a good song.

I am liking her rock musical direction this era. It suits her better than the sappy orchestral production that her stans are upset about being gone.

ibOp5Uc3A86mH.png

But where are you frequenting? The ATRL Lana stans are so possessive and sensitive.

Oan4ZPq.png

Shades of Cool will work much better within the context of a full album. She couldn't release an actual single-worthy song (such as West Coast) as a promo single, so what we get is just a random album track, which is why it's so weird to randomly listen to and probably why some people just don't 'get it'. (aside from the fact that they're ignorant)

851552_167788200085133_662845715_n.png

I can't wait to hear Old Money, it's probably going to sample The Godfather Soundtrack and it will be glorious~ Also a Nina Simone cover! Lana going for the culture points.

Also, Days Are Gone is basically neck-and-neck with The Electric Lady for my AOTY 2013. ***flawless

Damn, that Cherry Pop number is catchy.

The moment when the chorus shifts in higher gear during the "when I look into his eyes..." and "never felt like this before...", it totally shits. Great production.

edit: and yes, the dancing gauys are fun, I like that their outfits and dance routine are silly.

royalan

Lord.

"Your Love" is the dumbest song I've heard all year.

And we got a song called "Throw That Boy Pussy" this year.

Hang it up, Nicole.

Throw that boy pussy. Roll that--throw that boy pussy...

So 6 years is 15 minutes in bizarro world? K

People cannot fucking handle her and I'm so entertained by it. The way the universe has decided to create this narrative about her career as if she's up there in her room at the W giving a fuck. After 6 years in the business people are still wanting to call her a fad because they're not ready to accept the fact that she's the closest thing to our generation's Michael Jackson and they would rather cast stones than give credit.

She's doing what she wants to be doing. She was on top of the world (a peak that only four other people in pop music can attest to seeing: Michael, Britney and Madonna) and instead of using that view to sit and lounge decided to make music that was her. Taking that risk is fucking balls. CONTINUING to take that risk takes balls. Very few people with her level of reach can read all these headlines and go on unphased. Most pop stars of her caliber would have buckled down, ran to Max Martin or slapped Jay-Z on their track in a desperate attempt to capture the zeitgeist again but she doesn't feel the need to. She feels just enough pressure to casually implement trends here and there but generally she's just her own muse. And that gets all my respect. I'd much rather see her make music that inspires her with varying levels of success than try to be something she's not.

People are going to be attacking her as long as she's not number 1, and it's because they actually think she deserves to be in that top post. But it takes more than just having a catchy hook to have a number 1 song. It takes calculation, projections, keeping eyes on trends. You could be lucky enough to make something that falls in line with the trends, but otherwise to find that formula for success you gotta have your ear to the ground. She's choosing not to listen right now, and there's nothing wrong with that.

In summary:

At least the music is good.
ed2305b7.png

3phemeral

She did a just as good job on Ellen, fits the music strangely well. 1000 Forms of Fear can not come soon enough.
I saw this when it was broadcast, but I love how since Sia is perfectly fine with knowing that she herself is not a physical performer, that she's content with having others relay her sentiments with theirs.

Touchdown

Banned
According to insiders, “You Don’t Know What To Do” is officially the next single. Allegedly, there is both a rap and a no-rap version. The song will impact all formats.

It should be announced officially early next week.

Rise Chanteuse, Rise!
party.gif

3phemeral

Rise Chanteuse, Rise!
party.gif

I'm happy it's not Thirsty, as that has limited appeal; however, YDKWTD comes off as plain in comparison to the stone-groove smash wonder that is METEORITE!

Maybe YDKWTD will count as the official "1st" single a la "It's Like That," perform somewhat similarily and then she gets with the program and releases Meteorite, which will resuscitate MIAMTEC.

ibzPWoJmE2ZvyL.gif

irJmDDpzxDzl8.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Azealia Banks said:
Photoshoot tomorrow. Plus shooting two videos back to back this weekend. Trying not to have too much red wine tonight!

Is this bitch finally doing something !!!!!!!!!
shaking

royalan

She needs to shut the fuck up.

I swear, the ONLY pop girl to exhaust her potential audience before even releasing an album. Just pathetic.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Now is the perfect time for Azealia to release something. The gp will pit her against the most relevant rap girl, Nicki Iggy, and she will ride the wave of attention into stardom *.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom