• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

“For me, the issue of feminism is just not an interesting concept,” she says. “I’m more interested in, you know, SpaceX and Tesla, what’s going to happen with our intergalactic possibilities. Whenever people bring up feminism, I’m like, god. I’m just not really that interested.”

i0i7lbraEzH8O.gif

I'm not gonna lie, Beysus' Mimi dragging was both hilarious and accurate.

Touchdown siS. If you can't hear the obviously cut and paste belts and whistles littered all over the alberm, you need to get your ears examined.

It's not as bad as it was in MCIIY, but it's still uncomfortably close to what I derisively call "Dial a _____." Fill in the blank.

For Christina, it's breath support. For Rihanna, it's correct pitch.

For Mariah, unfortunately, it's Dial a Belt.

Aguila

#ICONIC
wait, we're getting a rihanna album next week?

hmmmmm

wait wait, Azealia's next single is Wallace?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mau ®;114805084 said:
Her brother always trolls the Navy. Don't why anybody listens to that rascal.

Anyway, all this talk her DRESS has been making. In my opinion she will never top her Grammy's 2013 look

She looked perfect
52b0f867.gif

uh she looked 9 million times better at the 2012 grammys tho!

Rihanna+In+Giorgio+Armani+-+2012+Grammys.jpg

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I feel almost as much contempt for her as I feel about "faggot totally has nothing to do with gay people."

OMG I saw that in the other thread, what a MESS. I'm not often at a loss for words, but....

Do you expect POPSTARS out of all people to give enlightening remarks on causes they never intended to support? 💁

Well, considering they're celebrities they do have a lot of influence in shaping public opinion due to their fame and visibility. And they should take the time to get educated on a cause before they make dumb remarks about it.

Now, it's not as if Lana went into Shailene Woodley levels of ignorance here. But her apathy is very disconcerting considering she's a woman. A woman who currently has a career she could not have had were it not for the cause she seems to be so indifferent to.

Touchdown

Banned
It started when Touchdown showed how eternally steam pressed he is over the Queen of Alternative.

lanascoming3ss9z.gif

Oh I just don't like her music, I'm not pressed. When you stan for one of the most legendary stars in the game nothing from other artists can press you. My feelings toward all other artists are truly indifferent.

iHEZfFk6CPmUj.gif

edit:
“For me, the issue of feminism is just not an interesting concept,” she says. “I’m more interested in, you know, SpaceX and Tesla, what’s going to happen with our intergalactic possibilities. Whenever people bring up feminism, I’m like, god. I’m just not really that interested.”

waiiiiiiiit... What kind of Fox News female guest contributor talking point?
2095c354.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Do you expect POPSTARS out of all people to give enlightening remarks on causes they never intended to support? 💁

good point why should i expect some of the most famous women in the world to support women's rights i mean

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Slam it to the left
If you're having a good time
Shake it to the right
If you know that you feel fine
Chicas to the front
Uh Uh go round
Slam it to the left
If you're having a good time
Shake it to the right
If you know that you fell fine
Chicas to the front
Hi Ci Ya
Hold tight!

Im so hungover send help

@Grimezsz
also for those at gov ball, u should stick around for my final song because its special & top secret & new, actually im playin 3 new songs
but the last song is one me and @BLOOD_DIAMOND5 wrote for rihanna but they turned it down it so its kinda different from regular grimes
weve also re recorded and reproduced all the old visions songs too so they are much better now

She's premièring some new shit on Friday at the New York Governor's Ball, so technically Saturday for us. Hoping for HQ recording.

God, remastering an album that released in 2012? Homegurl is a true perfectionist.

Touchdown

Banned
I wanna see a compilation of all our pop girls' most apt comments about feminism, just to compare. I wonder who's the most articulate one...

She's never spoke about it before but Jezebel deemed Mariah a modern day feminist back in '07.

The November issue of Glamour with Mariah Carey on the cover is out, and it's a sight to behold. All pink and sparkly, it's completely representative of the exaggerated femininity that she embodies. The coverline is pretty awesome, too: "She's smarter and saner — Britney take notes!" But don't get your pen and pad out so fast, Brit. When asked what advice she would give Britney or Lindsay, Mariah said:

I wouldn't want to speak to those people specifically.

ibu4ZURqVqVFj2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom