• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibu4ZURqVqVFj2.gif
Never seen that one before XDDD

Mariah is the Queen of Shade.

Aguila

#ICONIC
good point why should i expect some of the most famous women in the world to support women's rights i mean
Yes why? Being famous and having high moral standards are not mutual things. Celebrities are some of the stupidest people on earth sometimes and I fear for those who ACTUALLY place them in high regard.

People should look at activists, writers who know their shit, etc for those kind of things, not at people who twerk, bounce boobs in front of monkeys, and allow people to vomit on them.

Yes why? Being famous and having high moral standards are not mutual things. Celebrities are some of the stupidest people on earth sometimes and I fear for those who ACTUALLY place them in high regard.

People should look at activists, writers who know their shit, etc for those kind of things, not at people who twerk, bounce boobs in front of monkeys, and allow people to vomit on them.

But feminism isn't a hard thing to support. If your a female, and want to be treated equally amongst men, and want to be free to do whatever the hell you want without being judged by society, peers or comrades and the likes, then how hard is it to say, "I support feminism."

I feel like when some women try to make it something they have to support in full detail rather than a equal privilege as a women you are suppose to have, that's when it's a problem. She didn't have to say,"It doesn't interest me." Yes , it does... because fucking your way to the top wouldn't have happened if you were treated like a human being in the first place. Sure, she had a relationship with the guy but that didn't have to come with the price of her career (as lizzy grant) . Its really simple. But being interested in SpaceX and Tesla isn't far fetched. Odd as it may be, they are technical advances I can appreciate.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I liked the dress but that hat makes her head look covered in sparkly lube

cory64

Rihanna just makes it looks effortless to speak her mind. When will the others?

Sistren, yall need to get into Fargo the best new show of the year and utterly iconic in every way.

Mau ®

Rih is taking fashion and speech lessons from Bey!

Beyonce is giving Rihanna tips on speaking more eloquently in interviews and she went through her wardrobe and tossed out some of the wilder stuff like too-short denim daisy dukes and leather chaps

lol

Mau ®;114901603 said:

lol

OMG if that's true, hollering

Beyonce be like "conceal don't feel, don't let them knoooooow"

Though I do love the idea that Beyonce plays the role of Rihanna's well-tempered, old fashioned mother. This is what Brave was based off of.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Okay but I don't see why I shouldn't hope that some of the most famous and influential women in the world would have positive views of feminism?

Maybe you should start hoping for higher standards from your faves instead of just being like 'haha lol it's okay because no famous women are smart! :)'. You don't even have to be very smart to not say things like 'I'm not a feminist because I love men' or 'I'm more interested in SpaceX' when someone asks you whether you're a feminist.

Thank God we've got Beyoncé and Rihanna setting a good example, at least, for when Gaga and Lana totally drop the ball on what should be a minimum expectation to hold our faves to.

royalan

Mau ®;114901603 said:

lol

I don't believe this shit for one second.

Not when Rih has been slaying (SLAYING) Beyonce's old, boring and dusty ass in the fashion game since Good Girl Gone Bad.

Bey could have NEVA pulled off that dress. EVAH.

royalan

I disagree. She would have looked gorgeous in it.

She just never would have had the balls to wear it.

EDIT: And I even question that statement when I think about this costume.

Wearing the fuck out of high fashion is 40% body, 20% looks, and 40% confidence. Beyonce is allergic to looking good in couture.

That's why she hit the Met this year looking like "I'm Every Grandma".

11mdhX2.jpg

The stiffness, the lack of grace and sophistication. A mess. And let's not forget the year she went dressed AS the plush seat she needs to have:

Dx0a4nW.jpg

But she's giving tips to the Anna Wintour-crowned Queen of Fashion? The nerve...

Mau ®;114901603 said:

lol

I don't believe this for a second but it's pure LOL worthy.

Bey pretty much dresses urban or high sophisticated like gowns and the lots. Rihanna is a mixed bag of everything. There is no way Bey is giving her lessons lmao!

Aguila

#ICONIC
Okay but I don't see why I shouldn't hope that some of the most famous and influential women in the world would have positive views of feminism?

Maybe you should start hoping for higher standards from your faves instead of just being like 'haha lol it's okay because no famous women are smart! :)'. You don't even have to be very smart to not say things like 'I'm not a feminist because I love men' or 'I'm more interested in SpaceX' when someone asks you whether you're a feminist.

Thank God we've got Beyoncé and Rihanna setting a good example, at least, for when Gaga and Lana totally drop the ball on what should be a minimum expectation to hold our faves to.

You can certainly HOPE, but don't expect much. I do have faves that have sensible views on feminism, but I say "lol, slay bitch" at Lana because I like how honest and consistent she is (though she may not be very eloquent). Lana has been writing about submissive women since before BTD and up to Ultraviolence. It's the inspiration and muse to a lot of her work and so are those quirky subjects about metaphysics, space, Tesla, etc. I don't expect these things to change tbh.

And, yes, Rihanna, well known for being beaten and returning to an abuser, and Beyonce who simply stood silently by as her husband was attacked by her sister are good examples >_>

Not sure how Beyonce or Rihanna are better feminists than Gaga but okay.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not sure how Beyonce or Rihanna are better feminists than Gaga but okay.

Lady "I'm not a feminist, I hail men" Gaga vs. Bey 'put a recording of noted African feminist poet Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie talking about feminism in the middle of her song' oncé?

I'll take Yoncé thanks.

And I dunno what Rih would say if you asked her if she's a feminist but she's probably the most give-no-phuqs celebrity on the planet. She will literally say any fucking thing, post any fucking photo to Instagram, she totally owns her sexuality and her image, she is constantly saying awesome things about her contemporaries...Rih isn't perfect but she's a modern feminist icon as far as I'm concerned.

Mau ®

"Confessions on a Dancefloor" is still such a BOSS album after all these years.

Will "Rebel Heart" even come close?
LBR no

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;114931297 said:

LBR no

I had a listen through of Godfessions the other day. The continuous mix is still DIVINE.

Mau ®;114931297 said:

LBR no

I'm listening to it now. I think I've listened to/watrched the concert too many times. The album sounds very plain in comparison.

Mau ®;114931297 said:

LBR no

When people mentioned ROL as Madonna best album,I'm always confused. Confessions, to me, is Madonna true Magnus Opus. That album is timeless.

Nemesis_

Lady "I'm not a feminist, I hail men" Gaga vs. Bey 'put a recording of noted African feminist poet Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie talking about feminism in the middle of her song' oncé?

I'll take Yoncé thanks.

And I dunno what Rih would say if you asked her if she's a feminist but she's probably the most give-no-phuqs celebrity on the planet. She will literally say any fucking thing, post any fucking photo to Instagram, she totally owns her sexuality and her image, she is constantly saying awesome things about her contemporaries...Rih isn't perfect but she's a modern feminist icon as far as I'm concerned.

So if Gaga put a tokenist quote into one of her songs from Anita Sarkeesian would you be hailing her as a feminist too?

When people mentioned ROL as Madonna best album,I'm always confused. Confessions, to me, is Madonna true Magnus Opus. That album is timeless.

I think the second half of Confessions is a little bit too self-indulgent for me. I realise that Ray of Light is like one of the most self indulgent albums but it doesn't get as annoying. It came at an interesting time in her life and it really shows. I feel like Ray of Light is a much more unique and interesting sound than Confessions. Ray of Light is largely a electro-trip-hop album whereas Confessions is more or less an electro-disco one. I just think the former is a much more interesting sound.

I'll take Yoncé thanks.

I think we're stretching the definition of "feminist" here to just mean "saying or doing agreeable things according to me." Being likable while having a vagina doesn't automatically make you a feminist. Just like saying "I'm not a feminist" doesn't necessarily mean you're not a feminist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom