• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyvm for the French music recommendations, feeling better about things now.

Gonna treat myself for the weekend, been a long week. So, which free game do I claim with my purchase of Mario Kart 8? :x

I'm teetering betwixt Wind Waker and The Wonderful 101.

The Wonderful 101!!!!!

and tell me your NNID so we can get you into our group races
ineXynzPIjk9v.gif

royalan

Yaaaas at Charli suddenly slaying. Boom Clap has been my jam since day 1.

Oh and...

BpckaO2CYAAeKnE.jpg

Let the guessing game begin.

I don't think it's either Lorde or Gags tbh.

OMG

I don't think it's Lorde, either. That's too recent.

Something tells me it's T-Swift.

OMG - after that icy picture of them at the Brits I BET it's T-Swift.

Actually I forgot that they collaborated on Gaga's Princess Die. I think whatever bad blood she had probably dissipated after The Fame (which is when she recorded So Legit). Nevermind, all is well in my stan world.

Now collaborate for real you hussies

canocha

Yasssssss, stan. It was posted a while ago. Glad to see someone else like them.

Yes, "So Legit". It was done A LONG AGO. Tbh, she seems to have moved from that and I don't think she hates Gaga anymore.

The cover of "Team" they did is so goddamn good!
Is the new album good???

and tell me your NNID so we can get you into our group races
ineXynzPIjk9v.gif

NNID: NeverForeverEver
ineXynzPIjk9v.gif

Ummm, I've never paid attention to celebrity disses, so idk who Lana is slating. I never even thought anybody would be particularly shady towards Lana, she seems very divorced from the 'pop' world in a way. Maybe 'super artist' and 'successful' are subjective and this artist is someone most of us haven't heard of.

Yes, stan for Personaaaa. Let me just cry about how this is a region-locked 3DS game, sigh. Oh well, as long as Ultimax isn't region-locked, that's the main thing.

royalan

I'm telling you.

It's Taylor Swift.

Lana ain't playing games this time around! She's coming for that country trollop's wig!

qAS1Mqp.jpg

"You will NEVER be glamor!"

Oh and...

BpckaO2CYAAeKnE.jpg

It could be Gaga with the whole art project stuff.... But...

My mind leans to Florence for some odd reason. Not sure why.

Oh wow, looking into the Lana-Lorde thing.

Lana favourited this Tweet, really passive-aggressive lol:

@LanaDaiIy
I bought this for you @lordemusic
BgiqmWCCMAAJUIx.jpg

lot-clapping-things-got-awkward.gif

Then if you look at all the remarks Lorde made re: Lana
Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to me-or anyone that I knew. "I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant,
Lana Del Rey is always singing about being in the Hamptons or driving her Bugatti Veyron or whatever, and at the time, me and my friends were at some house party worrying how to get home because we couldn't afford a cab. This is our reality.

Yeah, if it's anyone we've heard of, it's totally Lorde lol. She's the only one that I've ever heard of really dissing Lana.

RubyFaith

Oh wow, looking into the Lana-Lorde thing.

Lana favourited this Tweet, really passive-aggressive lol:

lot-clapping-things-got-awkward.gif

Then if you look at all the remarks Lorde made re: Lana
Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to me-or anyone that I knew. "I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant,
Lana Del Rey is always singing about being in the Hamptons or driving her Bugatti Veyron or whatever, and at the time, me and my friends were at some house party worrying how to get home because we couldn't afford a cab. This is our reality.

Yeah, if it's anyone we've heard of, it's totally Lorde lol. She's the only one that I've ever heard of really dissing Lana.

Didn't Lorde write Royals while listening to a Lana Del Rey song?

Yeah, it's dis bitch.

Yado

Jealousy in the air tonight, I can tell
I will never understand that but oh well
Been ready, it's real, I don't know about you
She just want to smoke and fuck, I said girl that's all that we do

i1oyLUbsDzilq.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
23 Charli XCX - Boom Clap

screamminggggg

I don't even like the song much but im still screamminggggg

Her first solo hit ;_________________________________;

bye, both superlove and boom clap have SLAYED

charli xcxsus is the dark horse of 2014 and i am perchedT and READY for her sophomore SLAYAGE

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm telling you.

It's Taylor Swift.

Lana ain't playing games this time around! She's coming for that country trollop's wig!

qAS1Mqp.jpg

"You will NEVER be glamor!"

roy i get all of my LIFE when you use the word trollop. please never stop.

Bladenic

Jealousy in the air tonight, I can tell
I will never understand that but oh well
Been ready, it's real, I don't know about you
She just want to smoke and fuck, I said girl that's all that we do

i1oyLUbsDzilq.gif

OMG Stan for one of the Queen's best songs.

Like a bullet your love me hit me to the core
I was flying 'til you knocked me to the floor
And it's so foolish how you keep me wanting more
I'm screaming murderer, how could you murder us
I call it murder, no love allowed
I'm screaming murderer, how could you murder us
I call it murder, no love allowed

ibgj9pGS1CJmWJ.gif

Oh and...

BpckaO2CYAAeKnE.jpg

Literally the best thing to come out of the Ultraviolence era so far, tbh. I bet it's Gaga. I mean, look at the last page, Gaga is totally serving Ride teas with that curly black hair wig.

Actually I forgot that they collaborated on Gaga's Princess Die. I think whatever bad blood she had probably dissipated after The Fame (which is when she recorded So Legit). Nevermind, all is well in my stan world.

Now collaborate for real you hussies
:O

I didn't even know about this. I adore Princess Die, and I wish it had made ARTPOP.

SaintZ

The cover of "Team" they did is so goddamn good!
Is the new album good???
IDK, the album hasn't come out yet and you can only buy Kings in the UK ugh. I'm still perched for them though, both Kings and Believe in Me are sooooo good.

Oh and...

TvysXkq.png

yassr9zkqh5uyk.gif

Bladenic

IDK, the album hasn't come out yet and you can only buy Kings in the UK ugh. I'm still perched for them though, both Kings and Believe in Me are sooooo good.

Oh and...

TvysXkq.png

yassr9zkqh5uyk.gif

That's weird. Oh well, I hope they still collab and give us more godly summer bops like I Will Never Let Allah Down.

Nemesis_

Literally the best thing to come out of the Ultraviolence era so far, tbh. I bet it's Gaga. I mean, look at the last page, Gaga is totally serving Ride teas with that curly black hair wig.

Umm but they're both serving Fran Drescher teas underneath it all so I don't think it has anything to do with that. This NAVY-esque retort is weak, nobody owns hair cuts or styles or colours.

Anyway wasn't Lana and Gaga pretty chummy recently? I swear I read somewhere they all had a sleepover or some shit at that Chateau Marmont place? apparently.

Lorde is an annoying precocious git I wouldn't be surprised if it was her. She should stop coming for the big girls.

Natalia Kills - A New Word For Love

Awwww sounds like a Taylor Swift song. I hate it.

WTF is that. Is this a post-marriage track.. that'd be a tragedy.

Iggy coming for Lorde. She sounds salty she wasn't invited to perform while Lorde was personally selected by Grohl.
https://music.yahoo.com/news/iggy-azalea-lordes-nirvana-rock-hall-tribute-she-171025021.html

Iggy:
"Nothing against her, but I think when you're doing a tribute to someone that's dead, generally it should be the person's peer," Azalea commented. "Lorde is not Kurt Cobain's peer. No matter if she killed the performance or not, I just don't think it's appropriate."

Dave Grohl:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...irvana-honors-reuniting-with-courtney-love-it
We didn't only want to focus on the past. We wanted to emphasize the future and that music is moving forward. Because Annie (St. Vincent) is surely doing that. And Ella [Lorde] is a great example of what we have to look forward to. She is able to have the biggest song of the year be something deep and meaningful and real -- that's what I hear when I listen to that song.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ohl-hope-for-the-future-of-pop-music-20140425
When he decided to bring in a group of female singers to front Nirvana at the Hall of Fame, he had little doubt that Lorde would fit in perfectly. "There's something about her that represented or resembled the Nirvana aesthetic," he says. "She has an incredible future ahead of her as a writer, performer and vocalist."

It's probably Gaga. She's been doing that whole piano thing aka anti-dance, a lot a lately. Lorde hasn't been around long enough for a style change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom