• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832945

aR0obj8.gif

I'm telling you. The divorce will be announced by the end of the year.

This Last Guardian mess just has me exhausted. I physically can't.

tumblr_mm9ysjgd6f1qbyxr0o1_400.gif

That video of Azealia gives me hope.

She needs to come back swinging for real. Like I love when she sings! She can literally punch bitches out the game just by delivering vocals on these ecstatic beats. God, I can only hear what vocals she would slay on a KAYTRANDA beat. Damn...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Its good that shes working on her singing, and show me love is a bop but she needs to not over extend herself so early. Show me love aint an easy track to sing

Never heard that before.

How have you never heard of Show Me Love? it's like a 90s club staple and the song was massive
Not only that it was on Swedish House Mafia's new album and Cheryl Cole has done stuff with it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh I hadn't even registered she was performing at a Pride, surprised they'd even book her for what she said tbh. Perez hate obviously rules out all

I'm glad she apologised and hopefully this all signifies the start of a more self aware, bull shit free era

Yado

Good on her to apologize. It seems her social media personality is changing for the better. Did she get signed to a new record label or something?

I feel like her label has been instructing her to lay low for a while and stay out of trouble in an attempt to reboot her image. Or maybe they dropped her and she's desperate. lol

Matt_

I feel like her label has been instructing her to lay low for a while and stay out of trouble in an attempt to reboot her image. Or maybe they dropped her and she's desperate. lol

We all know that if she was dropped we would damn well hear about it

She's been begging to be dropped by her label since mid-last year. She tweeted about it and how she wanted to switch to Sony. Then she went on a tweet deleting spree.

Yado

I'm not so sure about that, she hasn't tweeted about anything related to her career in a long time. If she's still with them I hope they've come to accept that Azealia was never going to be that top 40 girl. Figure out what her lane is and let her slay in it.

Matt_

Chris Salvatore was also performing at LA Pride.
Its a shame his music is dire because the is utterly gorgeous

Nemesis_

I've had a few listens to each of the officially available songs from Ultraviolence and my favourite songs are probably West Coast and the title track. The former because it signals a much more unique and progressive sound from her previous album and the latter because it feels like a Born To Die throwback track.

The other two are good but they just aren't memorable for me. Like someone else mentioned though, as an album, they'll probably all stand out a lot more than by themselves. But based on what I've got to go by now I'm pretty disappointed. :(

Bladenic

I must confess that my loneliness
Is killing me now
Don't you know I still believe
That you will be here
And give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time

This anthem

Hopefully. Azealia has constant bops, even ATM Jam, that's actually a good song to remix, which is why I still slightly stan her. If she is desperate and trying to change her image for the better to repent for her past then I'm down. She just has way too much talent to be acting stupid. Also, I feel she can be a top 40. She has worked with some really good producers and her flow can put her on a lot of good tracks. I can't say the same for other female MC right now besides Nicki imo. A little part of me feels that she will become a cult classic someday, kind of like Kanye lol.

Tbh I've grown tired of Iggy as she is becoming stale to me. Nicki is coming back to Hip hop so this is good news and I need the other Azealia to fill the other side of that void.

Matt_

"poppers o'clock"
a mess
remix is generic as fuck but then so is Cheryl so I use I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom