• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
oh my god it's the best song of the year isn't it

it's the bloody best song of the year

[edit] get that hit OT Jessie Ware thread me ;_;

All the British girls who are making it big in 2014 whilst still sticking to their roots:
Katy B
Jessie Ware
Charli XCX
La Roux
Foxes
Paloma Faith (I'll be generous, why not)
Even Ellie Goulding on the soundtrack of mediocre chick flick Divergent with hit song 'Beating Heart'

:ahh:
2401a340-5b90-0131-54e0-1e1c5bb01f4a.gif

Year of EMPIRE coming back strong
Adele is going to tie the year off and it's going to be glorious, solidify Year of UK with the sales that some of these other girls may not get :(
We salute you ladies, true #authentic pop stars
when will JLaw

But genuinely, whenever I hear an accent and they sound like girls I know I do seem to become a bigger fan, lol.

Lily Allen can fuck off and make a proper album then try again

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
maybe it was because UK artists punch so much harder than the rest of the world that it makes them look like a joke?

Tough Love is on repeat now, it makes me just want to stare into the middle distance and pout in black and white

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the thing is jessie doesn't even have to slay this hard she was a journalist before she was a pop star and yet she still punches your faves clean out of the game ;_; a queen

Never Forever sis, you do know that :ahh: =
ahh.gif
don't you?

When will the other countries? So far in 2014, US has churned out tons of shit and the only two diamonds in the rough have been Lana and Kelis, whilst the two so-called 'biggest names' in Mariah and JLo have both royally flopped with an output that fails to leave an impression, merely trotting out the same old concepts that no longer apply in 2014 like they did in the 1990s. In the past year including up to July 2013 every single major label US pop star has released an album that has failed to live up to their earlier efforts.

UK girls have been raising the bar whilst everyone else is slipping down the flagpole, using up the little good graces they had scraped together with their mediocre output.

my faves still slay, obvs, but that's a given

CRS

Wasn't she a backup singer as well? Either way, what a Goddess.

The perfect birthday present.

UK has always been at the top tbh. Sade and now Jessie.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
oh, i never finished listening to ULTRAVIOLENCE, i gave up about 2/3rds of the way through

MaLHm8Z.png
MaLHm8Z.png
MaLHm8Z.png

first half (except snores of cool) was pretty great, second half was zzzzzz

Vitanimus

You picked up the light
The spectrum back to turn to white
Too bright to be seen
Wish the beautiful boy was me
Never alone, sky's a different shade of grey
Making you glow, the colours dance around you

let me rediscover Devotion ha perfection

ibEmeFWyIwSIJ.gif

Vitanimus

After mellowing and marinating in the Do It Again mini album I've come to a firm conclusion that Inside The Idle Hour Club is my favorite track.

After mellowing and marinating in the Do It Again mini album I've come to a firm conclusion that Inside The Idle Hour Club is my favorite track.

Marinating? Ew, sis...
Disgusted.gif

Well, now you're finally getting that promo, it makes sense for you to increase your image of C.U.N.T. in comparison to your competitors so you can further sell yourself. I'm a weak whore so I prefer Every Little Thing, serving emotive Robyn-ness in the mirror.

Bless her, Queen Jessie is getting married. True wedding of the year featuring a couple who are not counting down the seconds until their divorce.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Marinating? Ew, sis...
Disgusted.gif

Well, now you're finally getting that promo, it makes sense for you to increase your image of C.U.N.T. in comparison to your competitors so you can further sell yourself. I'm a weak whore so I prefer Every Little Thing, serving emotive Robyn-ness in the mirror.

Bless her, Queen Jessie is getting married. True wedding of the year featuring a couple who are not counting down the seconds until their divorce.

ummm how literally cute do they sound as a couple though

Welcome to all the new members!

Jessie has already killed the game just by all the people who is working on that album. The fact that BenZel is working on it already makes it a 10/10.

Also Gaga is really serving some Disco 80's vibes right now. Her confessions era coming soon?

CRS

She's getting married?!?!?!

;________________________;

That Pitchfork interview, man, she's so fucking perfect. Fuck, the dream is dead.

Also, SO HAPPY that BenZel is exec producing the album. Tough Love is great and the cover of If You Love Me is amaaaaaazzzing.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Global Artist and Queen of Sadness Lana Del Rey is #1 in like 58 countries.
ec20fb7f.gif

Lettuce hope she snatches that #1 album in the US. That Sam Smith is trying it >______________________________>

LP looks to be underperforming and JLo is going to sell 20k or something. kii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom