• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm I just listened to the Tiesto album.

emoji_u1f6ae.png

why are all these super producers stagnating so quickly? this has nothing on Kaleidoscope.

Get into Porter Robinson

And this

Nemesis_

I doubt it was canned because of the "worry" that someone might react to the Terry thing. That's never really stopped her tbh

BqgW3l5CAAIn7t9.jpg

Vitanimus

Sistren, how do you feel about ambient music? A friend of mine posted some early tracks that he's been working on for a while and they're quite good and its made me listen to loads of old ambient-y tracks. Anyone have any recommendations? Stuff like Inside the Idle Hour Club are quite good.

Mau ®

Pretty sure Tiesto is "still a thing" since Wasted and Red Lights are big club hits. He's been doing really well in the UK, particularly. I hear him all the time on BBC Radio.

Vazduh

Sistren, how do you feel about ambient music? A friend of mine posted some early tracks that he's been working on for a while and they're quite good and its made me listen to loads of old ambient-y tracks. Anyone have any recommendations? Stuff like Inside the Idle Hour Club are quite good.

Well, there's this really talented guy from my small hometown who does ambient/chillwave-y music which is really pleasant to listen to, almost soothing. He's mostly inspired by Shlohmo, Baths, Groundislava and Washed Out, those kinds of artists (check out the clips I linked, btw).

Anyway, his stage name is Kimekai, and he's dropping his album in less than a week. Here's one track from the album:

Kimekai - Le Loyon (it's a free download on xlr8r site)

There are two more tracks available on his bandcamp site, check them out, too.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The white Sade Jessie Ware premiered her lead single for her sophomore album, Tough Love, if she's your thing.

-The Knife released Shaken-Up Versions which is soooo good like amazing
-FKA Twigs announced her debut alberm, LP1 cause she don't got no imagination Snippets are on Amazon, I think
-Kimbra released two new tracks- Love in High Places and Nobody But You
-Bjork is getting an exhibition at MOMA
-Roisin Murphy has sprung into life on Twitter and Instagram
-And Azealia Banks was a horrible person, attacked some random's wife then went on a shrieking harpy rampage whilst any hope that was left for her career slowly died

I haven't been paying attention to much tbh but that's about it. Godels is temporarily indisposed whilst he sorts his life out and Fey is definitely clocking a bitch somewhere, idk whether they'd have much to add.

ty, sis. I was kind of hoping Madge might've had something official announced, but I'm sure it'll come soon enough. That new Jesus Ware single is everything.

It was weird going without internet for several days while the bf and I got moved into a new apartment...

Ambient ambient or just more down-tempo stuff? We have a good (albeit sorely underused) ambient thread.

royalan

The video looks like career-ending trash, tbh.

But, since her career is already over, she should have released it for the kiis alone.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
do people even care anymore tho?

and there's a "LADY GAGA" thing on TMZ's show so if I have to sit through this shit tv for nothing I'll be pissed.

I guess you are right but it has R. Kelly so maybe they will, I would understand if people dismissed it completely as another try hard attempt for controversy if it was just Gaga alone tho

emoji_u1f6ae.png

The video looks like career-ending trash, tbh.

But, since her career is already over, she should have released it for the kiis alone.

I was honestly expecting you to post in here saying that you loved it. Damn. lol

And if her career was over this video would not have been worth leaking. Seauxxxxxxx....

You guys what if this was Gaga's plan all along

To have a song about the press controlling her life be "leaked" by the very press she speaks of

It fits the message perfectly, like how else would they just get the file from someone

ARTPOP

Damn it not you quoting me before I changed the construction of my post completely

I'm excited for anything new Gaga. Make this the last ARTPOP thing and just move forward Gaga plz

I wish Gaga would go back to doing TFM-esque stuff. Everything about that era was great. The visuals, the music, the performances, the videos...

Man, let me go give Dance in the Dark another listen.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
You guys what if this was Gaga's plan all along

To have a song about the press controlling her life be "leaked" by the very press she speaks of

It fits the message perfectly, like how else would they just get the file from someone

ARTPOP

I love Gaga as much as you do, but just NO.
I loved Artpop the album but I'm ready for this mess of an era to be over with.

I still believe she can just leave Artpop behind and make a whole album with songs that sound like Heavy Metal Lover

OMGGGGGGGGGGG I'd so be here for it. BEST song on Born This Way <3

I'd be here for a new Gaga alberT filled with songs in the same vein as Heavy Metal Lover and Bloody Mary. The two best songs on Born This Way tbh.

And while I still use a lot of ARTPOP, I do think it's her weakest albert. Maybe slightly stronger than The Fame. But I largely hate The Fame outside of the singles. And even they have lost their shine besides Paparazzi which is a timeless modern day classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom