• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd be here for a new Gaga alberT filled with songs in the same vein as Heavy Metal Lover and Bloody Mary. The two best songs on Born This Way tbh.

And while I still use a lot of ARTPOP, I do think it's her weakest albert. Maybe slightly stronger than The Fame. But I largely hate The Fame outside of the singles. And even they have lost their shine besides Paparazzi which is a timeless modern day classic.

Living up to your username.

royalan

I was honestly expecting you to post in here saying that you loved it. Damn. lol

And if her career was over this video would not have been worth leaking. Seauxxxxxxx....

Well, aside from the more "desperate pandering" elements of the video, I DO like it.

I can just see why an early-ARTPOP Gaga might have been concerned about releasing it. This video looks like it really would have crashed ARTPOP. She never should have worked with R-Piss in the first place, tbh.

Then again, considering that she would get vomited on a mere months later and confess to not showering for days at a time, maybe her collab with Pee-Smelly will go down as her most sanitary moment this era.

Meowster

More Government Hookers tbh but that's impossible because DJWS is a terrible producer these days and lost all credible potential he may have once had during the Born This Way days. Sigh. I'd be down for some more Garibay collaborations a la Dance in the Dark and Heavy Metal Lover.

I want a completely new direction. ARTPOP's music really felt like it was written by someone who writes too much. The themes are mishy mashy and lack punch or purpose, and though I think it's an excellent pop album in general, it's weak as a Gaga album because so much of it feels redundant. Why would someone who's so exposed to the world of fashion and its inner workings write such basic bitch songs about it all? How much longer can you talk about pop culture, or being a pop star, or loving sex? I'm hoping ARTPOP is the outro to the first chapter of Gaga's career, because it really holds elements of all the motifs she loves and uses, and the "ARTPOP" name I guess accurately describes her intent up to this point. But now I want chapter 2. Use third person pronouns for once. Release a music video that doesn't have you in front of the camera. Make fashion statements in more minimalist ways. There are so many directions she can go with and none of them would affect her artistic integrity. I believe in her ability to evolve but I think now's the time for her to do it. Everything she's done with ARTPOP she's done before and people are aware of it.

JazzGa's a great first step.

royalan

Mau ®;117323474 said:
The Fame is trash outside of the singles. ARTPOP is definitely better IMO.

ARTPOP is still all over the place, songs-wise.

...but it's the iconic singles that make The Fame better than ARTPOP.

I LOVE ARTPOP, but even I'll admit that it's not as iconic as The Fame.

You fucking Little Monsters and Little Monster Adjacents need to just accept the tea: The Fame is Gaga's best work. NEVER was she more on-pulse, more provocative, more alluring, more played, more iconic, more IN CHARGE, than she was during The Fame/Fame Monster eras. She reigned as Queen Bitch during those eras.

cory64

She hasn't topped The Fame era in iconicness.

iAuOmqkEeqmzf.gif

royalan

Born This Way > The Fame Monster > Artpop >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Fame

tbh

Too bad for you delusional then that all ARTPOP is is Gaga desperately trying to remember The Fame's recipe.

1st Single: Just Dance

2nd Single: Poker Face

3rd Single: LoveGame

4th Single: Papa-FUCKING-razzi

There has never been a more flawless lineup.

Honorable-FUCKING-mentions:

Summer Boy
Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
The Fame
Boys Boys Boys

Shitting on The Fame just because you want Lady Gaga to be just as popular with her new albums (but she's NOT) is just something I refuse to tolerate anymore. Lady Gaga dewigged every bitch in the building with The Fame. Lady Gaga kept every dance floor packed with The Fame. Lady Gaga kept cocks in the mouth of every bottom with The Fame. and you hoes will kiss the ring and show some goddamn respect.

cory64

Too bad for you delusional then that all ARTPOP is is Gaga desperately trying to remember The Fame's recipe.

1st Single: Just Dance

2nd Single: Poker Face

3rd Single: LoveGame

4th Single: Papa-FUCKING-razzi

There has never been a more flawless lineup.

Honorable-FUCKING-mentions:

Summer Boy
Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
The Fame
Boys Boys Boys

Shitting on The Fame just because you want Lady Gaga to be just as popular with her new albums (but she's NOT) is just something I refuse to tolerate anymore. Lady Gaga dewigged every bitch in the building with The Fame. Lady Gaga kept every dance floor packed with The Fame. Lady Gaga kept cocks in the mouth of every bottom with The Fame. and you hoes will kiss the ring and show some goddamn respect.

I commend your vital pedagogy, but it's pointless. They simply won't learn.

ibsVVZIq7zaxAh.gif

I fucking love you

I will YAAAAS this just for the fucking vigor. <3

royalan

the fame as an alber is weak as fuk

the era slayed, though

I don't give a fuck about strong or weak albums.

Giving a shit about strong albums is how we ended up with that dry-as-fuck Ultraviolence. I count the mere days it's going to take for you hoes to hop off that bandwagon. The album is shit.

I care about good MUSIC.

The Fame is Lady Gaga's strongest collection of SONGS. Period. Point Blank.

Yado

the fame as an alber is weak as fuk

the era slayed, though

il358lMiLVqLU.gif

I didn't see it for that era/album at the time and I still don't but Paparazzi's power cannot be denied. I don't compare her impact back then to now because I don't think it's something she could pull off again. She came along at the right time and brought something to the table that pop music needed.

I don't give a fuck about strong or weak albums.

Giving a shit about strong albums is how we ended up with that dry-as-fuck Ultraviolence. I count the mere days it's going to take for you hoes to hop off that bandwagon. The album is shit.

I care about good MUSIC.

The Fame is Lady Gaga's strongest collection of SONGS. Period. Point Blank.

Niece...

When I say the alber is shit, I mean every damn song besides the singles is shit. I don't salivate over cohesive albers. They can be nice, but it's not a must for me when it comes to one.

Even when looked at as a collection of SONGS, The Fame is gutter TRASH. It sucked when it originally came out. It still sucks now.

Gulp the tea and deal.

ibsVVZIq7zaxAh.gif

royalan

Niece...

When I say the alber is shit, I mean every damn song besides the singles is shit. I don't salivate over cohesive albers. They can be nice, but it's not a must for me when it comes to one.

Even when looked at as a collection of SONGS, The Fame is gutter TRASH. It sucked when it originally came out. It still sucks now.

Gulp the tea and deal.

ibsVVZIq7zaxAh.gif

The Fame spawned 5 reasonably successful singles. 3 of those singles were true, undeniable HITS.

Even if you discount the rest of the album (which is utter delusion, but whatev I expect that from Monsters these days), that's enough for The Fame for shit all over every other Gaga album. And LETS NOT EVEN GET INTO THE POP MAMMOTH KNOWN AS "BAD ROMANCE" THAT WOULD COME LATER TO PISS ALL OVER GRAVES.

The Fame (and The Fame Monster) are the only albums Gaga created with any inkling of what the public actually wanted to hear.

And if it weren't for those two albums Gaga wouldn't even HAVE a fanbase. But keep writing early Gaga off. I see it for what it is: anger, hate and jealousy over the fact that nobody gives a single stiff shit about Gaga now.

Niece...

Gulp the tea and deal.

ibsVVZIq7zaxAh.gif

Lmao these are my exact thoughts. I was typing a reply that said exactly this.

Niece...

Gulp the tea and deal.

ibsVVZIq7zaxAh.gif

Dearest clone,

I have no idea what you're talking about. The Fame and The Fame Monster, are, without a doubt, her two best collections of songs. I don't mean the albums as a whole. Her songs from that era were perfect. Hell, everything about that era was amazing; it's what defined her as an artist. And, let's be honest. It continues to define her for this very day. She's not remembered for her BTW work (aside from the title track and maybe Judas). She's remembered for Paparazzi. For Alejandro. For Poker Face and Love Game.

Why? Because not only was the era as a whole iconic, but the songs deserve this recognition. Individually, her work from this era is on point and will probably be the best thing she ever does (unless JazzGa actually happens, but I'll hold my breath).

Love,
Me

Partition

Banned
The Fame is such a trash album. I think I rank it just as bad as ARTPOP. Of course ARTPOP leaves a worse taste in people's mouths because of her tryhardness and ego / the subject matter, but I wouldn't say it is a worse album than The Fame. It's easy to let one's perspective of the artist get in the way of their opinion of the actual music, which is why TF and TFM will always be overrated, and BTW will remain her unrecognized magnum opus.

Also this argument that hits = quality, will never ever be true.

SaintZ

The Fame is such a trash album. I think I rank it just as bad as ARTPOP. Of course ARTPOP leaves a worse taste in people's mouths because of her tryhardness and ego / the subject matter, but I wouldn't say it is a worse album than The Fame. It's easy to let one's perspective of the artist get in the way of their opinion of the actual music, which is why TF and TFM will always be overrated, and BTW will remain her unrecognized magnum opus.
Why did you become ha stan tho? You only seem to like BTW :rip:

royalan

Also this argument that hits = quality, will never ever be true.

Thank God then that The Fame and The Fame Monster have quality hits.

Honestly, it just comes off as desperation. What's really going on is that Monsters don't want to accept the fact that Gaga fell off. So they concoct a warped reality in which Gaga's true defining albums were "actually" trash while her recent albums actually represent Gaga at her "greatest." It's all to protect their profound delusion that Gaga never stopped being great, peddling this belief that she's ONLY great now.

But true lovers of music see through it.

I see you girls trying to lump The Fame Monster in with The Fame to lend some credibility to her shoddy debut.

ibiTAdcDvhau12.gif

The Fame alone shits on anything Gaga is capable of today.

I lump in The Fame Monster because Gaga was still "Gaga" then. Gaga didn't skydive into her own stank cunt until the end of The Fame Monster era.

Partition

Banned
Why did you become ha stan tho? You only seem to like BTW :rip:

I became a fan when I saw the Bad Romance video. I always used Gaga for her visuals, which is why she stood out to me. I was never totally into her music (TFM) because I kind of disregarded it as simple pop (I didn't listen to pop music at the time). I didn't become a 'stan' until BTW was released, in which I fully accepted Gaga and fell in love with the album.

I don't hate her earlier music, I have just come to love the more experimental and different side of Gaga much more. So yes, naturally I have given up on Gaga because ARTPOP is a trash album with no identity, trying to be something more than basic pop music when it isn't even good at that either.

It's like people are bitter that TF/TFM skyrocketed her to stardom, and her "edgy"/"artistic" albums barely get recognized. What in the world. Who gives a shit about art in music, I just want good music in general. And TF/TFM delivers that in fucking spades.

royalan

It's like people are bitter that TF/TFM skyrocketed her to stardom, and her "edgy"/"artistic" albums barely get recognized. What in the world. Who gives a shit about art in music, I just want good music in general. And TF/TFM delivers that in fucking spades.

Exactly.

This is EXACTLY what it is.

Partition

Banned

I'm not bitter about it at all. Of course TF/TFM have her best quality singles. I won't even deny that. But when it comes to a cohesive album, BTW isn't beat.

Yado

Gaga peaked with TFM and it's been downhill ever since. I can forgive her for TF because it was her debut and everyone makes mistakes, but BTW was such a shit album. Artpop was a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom