• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

I still cannot at the beginning of it saying FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE though l

Actually I can't at it actually being something they'd issue a press release for in the first place

Vazduh

I'm coming, Nito. Catch meeee!

GlMbPZJ.gif

Looking at her debut she actually got a handful of relatively good producers. Most Australians end up getting lumped with this shitty production company called DNA SONGS who have produced so many duds like Soldier and Come With Me.

It's so embarrassing ._.

Oh, God... I remember that company because I used to read about them on the now defunct PopTrashAddicts blog, Mike often wrote about them. So, basically, they are the go-to producers for those artists who want something below average and beyond generic? Horrible.

I'll give them this, though, they did manage to write one solid bop, and that was The Saturdays' Not Giving Up.

Lana got the UK #1, woo!

Also, I'm listening to MDNA for the first time in two years. I'm not sure why I detested it so much, it's pretty good. I'm Addicted, especially, is absolute FIRE.

MDNAMDNAMDNAMDNAMDNAMDNA

Rihanna, Taylor, and Adele all have distinct markets that are going to buy their music like crazy. I don't see the tight release schedules stopping any of them from slaying.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Taylor's album is already ready to go? Where has she said that? I knew she was working on it, but I didn't know it was basically done.

royalan

Lana got the UK #1, woo!

Also, I'm listening to MDNA for the first time in two years. I'm not sure why I detested it so much, it's pretty good. I'm Addicted, especially, is absolute FIRE.

MDNAMDNAMDNAMDNAMDNAMDNA

Preach sis.

I STILL play I'm Addicted regularly. Out of that 2010-2013 EDM craze we suffered through, I think I'm Addicted has the best breakdown of any track I heard in that period. Everything from the second chorus to the end is just flawless progression and buildup.

Really, the MDNA Era was flawless in everything but the album itself.

The Visuals
AeL13St.jpg

L9JoqLj.jpg

qJps0EK.jpg

The Videos
iH9rrXA.gif

TZQkSz8.gif

The Tour
7CFjtXV.gif

tumblr_mkstak66jd1s3cztko1_500.gif

Say what you want about Grandmadonna, but she knows how to put that old-school polish on an era.

royalan

Girl Gone Wild is one of the top videos of the last decade.

And that tour performance. Our faves are still shook.

I miss Pho. :(

He would have done a much better job praising Madonna than me. :(

Let me go relive his war with That Crazed Janet Stan.

Girl Gone Wild is one of the top videos of the last decade.

And that tour performance. Our faves are still shook.

Seriously. The song itself is pretty shitty, but damn the video is all kinds of awesome. Every second of it makes for a good gif, it's basically a perfect video to play at the background screens in a gay bar.

MDNA is still a really really medioce album though. I only ever listen to I'm Addicted anymore. The diamond in a sea of turds.

Solution to this all: listen to I'm Addicted with the video of Girl Gone Wild on mute. Perfection.

Mau ®

I still like MDNA. I still play it once every few weeks.

I think I'll go back to Hard Candy and see how it fares. It was pretty good too IMO.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
GGW should have been the lead single, much much better than Give me all your love

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 20m
She lives in her truth.

AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 21m
I really like ke$ha.

AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 25m
Ultraviolence is amazing. I love Lana.

One of my faves stanning two of my other faves, how wonderful.

Songs to be excited about on R8:
Song written by Canada Queen Kiesza

Songs to dread on R8:
Song w/ Gwyneth Paltrow's ex

Having meditated on MDNA, I'm much more positive about it now. It's still languishing in the bottom half of her discography, but I think it's pretty good on the whole. There are some perfect bops on there, and, even if it's not totally sublimely life-changing, it's still wonderful to dance to. I don't think she's ever released a truly bad album, honestly. Or even one that's beginning-to-end mediocre.

Frankly, I think I'd much rather listen to MDNA than the most recent offerings of the other big girls. None of the others had me feeling up for another round, but instead underwhelmed and fatigued.

30 years from when Madonna was filling the dancefloors, MDNA still calls to the animal inside.

Vitanimus

I've been getting my LIFE to Confessions On A Dancefloor, it only took me 9 years :(

Also have any of you played Borderlands 2 cos I got the GOTY edition cheap in Steam sales soooooooo...

Vazduh

I've been getting my LIFE to Confessions On A Dancefloor, it only took me 9 years :(

Also have any of you played Borderlands 2 cos I got the GOTY edition cheap in Steam sales soooooooo...

Where were you last winter ;_; I spent at least 50 hours playing co-op with my brother, what a game.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
OMG @ all this Madonna praise <3

I always liked Hard Candy and LOVED MDNA, MDNA especially being underappreciated. I'd place it in the top half of her albums, with Confessions and Ray of Light occupying the shared #1 spot. She truly has no bad albums in her iconic discography. And the tours for both eras were flawless. She also remains the best visual music artist ever, Madonna's music videos remained unchallenged in quality and quantity. Totally agree with royalan that the MDNA era itself was perfection. Probably 2nd to only the Confessions era in terms of videos, tour, and even Madge's look herself.

There's a reason that after 30 years at the top and counting, she continues to be my #1 fave. The true QUEEN REGENT OF POP. Countless hews will try, but there will never be another Madonna in our lifetime tbh <3

Oh and thanks a lot POPGAF. I've never given Lana del Rey a 2nd look especially after the SNL disaster and Lizzie Grant nonsense a few years back. All your non-stop Lana talk over the last few weeks has broken me down into giving Ultraviolence a shot. Now, I did the same thing when BEYONCEGAF (Mess) was bandwagoning her newest album, and I tried it and HATED it, like everything else she's ever done. But Ultraviolence? OMG amaaaaazing.
Especially "West Coast" and "Brooklyn Baby" <3 What kind of sleepy, sad, flawless bops? uggggh just END me Lana del Slay

tumblr_n55vt2SwOH1rtta3uo1_500.gif

I think MDNA is a great album. There are only a few songs i could do without but the album is a collection of some really fun and catchy music. I'm hoping her new album is a bit more creative though.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

Mau ®

Ellie has been seen with Calvin so much lately. I'm glad he broke up with the vile Rita Ora. Ellie and him are perfect for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom